GDT Ottawa Senators vs New Jersey Devils

caron14

Of course Pete took the blame himself, that's what a good coach does when the team is trying and not having any success.  This whole last thirty games wasn't luck, but the last two weeks have been one of the longest prolonged stretches of this kind of offensive futility I've ever seen.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On special teams, this is a team that has not adapted without Kovy (and it's a power play that never plays without Kovy). And even for such an average power play team as is, you see how much the threat of Kovy helps them. The 5 on 3s have been dreadful, and the teams have taken everything away down low and dared the point men to shoot bombs. Do the Devils have anyone with a great shot besides Kovy? 

As for the rest of this....48 games is just not enough time to get a read on the state of the team in my opinion. Lou has one heck of an off-season in front of him. But as bad as things feel right now, the team is still playing very well and doing it without one of the best players in the league. I'd be seriously worried if this was the result with Kovalchuk in the lineup. 

Firing Pete, would be worse than firing Julien and having Lou behind the bench! PDB is a coach we need here for a long term he is not a Johnny Mac. We would have never made it to the finals last year without him. Losing Robinson hurt. Don't judge Pete he is not our problem!

Ok fine keep Debour but if this team is able to magically make the acquisitions to fill the numerous holes it has next year and a healthy Kovalchuk and they still don't win games then he has to go.

I wanted him fired last year too.

The Devils went far into the playoffs because they pulled a fourth line out of their ass, lets not get it twisted.

Debour had that team blowing leads and losing because of bad third periods all year.

whoa whoa whoa.. we are 1 for 23 on the PP this month?? are you fvcking kidding me??  how i did not realize this is unbelievable.  

That is unacceptable. You gotta fire shaw at least just to light a fire. PDB has gotta stay but somebody has gotta be the scapegoat. 

cmon boys, unacceptable. lets go Kovy, hurry back (safely back of course)

It has nothing to do with "luck", a cop out that's like scratching the blackboard. Luck has nothing to do with being unable to get half way decent opportunities on 2 man advantages for more than a minute. A good team scores on 80 percent of those.

What all if the stat geeks have some bizarre inability to admit is that the team desperately misses Kocalchuk. To anyone with common sense they notice the Devils have won one game since he got hurt. Salvador or Stephen Gionta is not what ails the team.

It's not all luck, obviously.  But just think about how many posts we've hit and saves opposing goalies have made with the shaft of their stick.  I honestly believe they're gripping their sticks too tightly but I have never seen some of the things happen that have occurred during this streak. I mean, the puck literally stuck to Anderson's shoulder for a second.  It could have easily dropped down behind him into the net or in front to a Devil who was looking for a rebound.  Just think of the physics for a second