#1 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

http://blogs.northje...n_with_rangers/

At least some good news. I don't think he'd come out saying something like that and then go back on it.

Devils captain Zach Parise repeated today his desire to re-sign with the team and said even if he does hit the unrestricted free agent market on July 1 there is “no way” he’d sign with the rival Rangers.

Edited by Amberite, 13 June 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#2 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Told you guys. Players arent solely considering money. Loyalty and signing with your fierce rival create a public perception that players also care about. I'm sure Zach is going to want to cash in on a big contract, but he seems like the type of guy that would be satisfied with a 'big enough' contract and not 'the biggest' contract.

#3 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

i am hoping this is true :cheers: ....... but i will believe it when i see it

i would be devastated if he left :(

Edited by grcenter47, 13 June 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#4 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://www.cbssports...ign-with-devils

This is from CBS Sports

"This is a great place to play and I love playing here. I love being here." Parise said.

Edited by grcenter47, 13 June 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

This one absolutely deserves it's own thread, I think. In big, bold letters, e-mailed to every Rangers fan message board on the intertubes.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

What a genius negotiating tactic - he'll get his biggest offer from the Rags now. Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#7 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

What a genius negotiating tactic - he'll get his biggest offer from the Rags now. Posted Image

:( :rolling: :argh: :pray:

#8 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

now im waiting for the same quote about 28 other teams now

www.SterioDesign.com

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

This one absolutely deserves it's own thread, I think. In big, bold letters, e-mailed to every Rangers fan message board on the intertubes.

Yes, this. And right under the thread title it should read fvck YOU a$$holES, in big capital letters.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I was observing what Rags fans were saying about the news on HF, and noticed one poster's claim that both Holik and Gomez said something similar. Does anyone recall anything like that?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

I was observing what Rags fans were saying about the news on HF, and noticed one poster's claim that both Holik and Gomez said something similar. Does anyone recall anything like that?

No, unless you take a former poster's insistence that Gomez would go to LA as gospel. Damn, I wish he had gone to LA.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#12 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Neither said anything of the sort. Rags fans don't have functioning memories that go back that far...well, aside from one particular, never ending year.

#13 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

No, unless you take a former poster's insistence that Gomez would go to LA as gospel. Damn, I wish he had gone to LA.

I completely forgot about all of that. Good times :lol:

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Neither said anything of the sort. Rags fans don't have functioning memories that go back that far...well, aside from one particular, never ending year.

Holik never said anything of the sort afaik, Gomez might have a while before FA (months or years), but not this strongly or close to FA. The only one I ever specifically remember saying he wouldn't sign with the Rangers was Madden. And obviously Marty wouldn't, either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 June 2012 - 01:09 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

not only did holik never say this, he specifically wanted to go to the rangers (although never stated that publicly) after he lost his arbitration case. it was the one team he wanted to go to and demanded they raise their initial offer. if HOI checks in, he'll confirm that.

gomez never said anything except "i'll see you in newark."

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

gomez never said anything except "i'll see you in newark."

That was literally true.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Zajac told us outside the arena today that parise will def sign with the devils.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Lmfao at delusional moron Ranger fans. Neither Gomez nor Holik ever said anything close to "no way" when asked if they'd sign with the Rangers. Gomez said "see you in Newark" because the Devils made him.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#19 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Zajac told us outside the arena today that parise will def sign with the devils.

I was up there to drop off stuff, didn't realize I'd be there when the players were leaving or I'd have bought a jersey. Who else stopped? I just heard one woman complaining that someone just waved and didn't stop to sign when most everyone else did.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#20 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Lmfao at delusional moron Ranger fans. Neither Gomez nor Holik ever said anything close to "no way" when asked if they'd sign with the Rangers. Gomez said "see you in Newark" because the Devils made him.

Wasn't that "See you in Newark" that Gomez said by him done on a Newark promo video that they showed at Meadowlands? I remember being there and seeing it at some point.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 13 June 2012 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users