Rolston

moustic

If I sucked at my job the way Brian Rolston does, I wouldn't be making 2.5 million dollars in Albany, I'd be living in my Mom's basement.

Yeah, it's really degrading being a multi-millionaire who plays professional hockey for a living. Rolston robbed this team so bad he should come out on the ice ever night with a ski-mask.

Good fvcking riddance.

Next up, Jamie Langenbrunner.

• Like 2

PK Subban is having some issues in Montreal. I say the Habs take up Rolston and we'll take Subban and everyone will be happy.

Id take that offer. I agree Rolston didnt provide what he was expected to with his contract. It still sucks to be demoted in any job. I just respect Rolston for what he did for the team in the past and it sucks to see someone, anyone, come to this point in their career. I dont feel that Langs is at that point yet, I still feel he has a few good seasons in him yet, just not with this franchise.

Something has to be in the works. No one picked him up the first time, so either this is another desperation shot by Lou, or he knows someone will pick him up this time. I just don't think he would bother with re entry again if he didn't have someone lined up.

Something has to be in the works. No one picked him up the first time, so either this is another desperation shot by Lou, or he knows someone will pick him up this time. I just don't think he would bother with re entry again if he didn't have someone lined up.

At this point, I dont see why Lou wouldnt be getting desprate. He is going to try anything to turn this assfvck of a season around.

We might as well just leave Rolston in Albany for the year then try to trade him in the offseason when someone might need his salary to hit the floor.

But at least if we do expose him to re-entry the dead cap space won't be an issue this year since Zach's pretty much done anyway and who knows about Salvador, so combine that with Rolston's $2.5 million coming off and cap problem solved for this year. Next year, who knows but the cap is supposed to be going up and we have a little money coming off it (or at least available for a Parise extension).

It seems like this is mostly for budget reasons. I think the team is hurting this year with the poor performance/attendance, and injuries leading to higher payroll for players.

Sure, Rolston has not lived up to his contract, and that's why he was chosen over other players to dump salary, but I think the root of this is the need to shed dollars from the payroll. I also think this will be the main reason why we see some players traded at the deadline. Of course it makes sense to get picks for them, but again I think they will want to get out of paying their salary for the remainder of the season (IE, get rid of Arnott at the deadline and save $1 million dollars on the year end budget)

It seems like this is mostly for budget reasons. I think the team is hurting this year with the poor performance/attendance, and injuries leading to higher payroll for players.

Sure, Rolston has not lived up to his contract, and that's why he was chosen over other players to dump salary, but I think the root of this is the need to shed dollars from the payroll. I also think this will be the main reason why we see some players traded at the deadline. Of course it makes sense to get picks for them, but again I think they will want to get out of paying their salary for the remainder of the season (IE, get rid of Arnott at the deadline and save $1 million dollars on the year end budget)

You think iys mostly for budget reasons.....?

Budget reasons? I think it was done because he played like crap.

Well, JVB usually has no problem spending to the cap (and he didn't hesitate to sign Kovy to a monster contract). But when the team is performing like sh!t, I'd imagine he doesn't fancy paying the same amount of money for the rest of the year when he knows it's over anyway. That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Langenbrunner and Arnott go soon, instead of Lou waiting until the deadline or even July (when they go UFA).