Rolston

moustic

"Brian Rolston probably won't end up playing any games in AHL Albany, according to his agent, Steve Bartlett.

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello plans to assign Rolston to Albany if he clears waivers, but Rolston would then be placed on re-entry waivers. Any team that claims Rolston on re-entry waivers would split his cap hit with the Devils. Bartlett doesn't think Rolston will even have to actually go to Albany, though he will report to the squad if he's required to do so. Bartlett has also been given permission to try and find a team interested in acquiring Rolston, but it's unlikely that anything will come of that."

-Bergen Record.

Why would the Isles buy him out though? They need his cap hit to hit the floor, especially after trading Wiz.

because an old fart buyout is at 100% cap. I don't know if they get to take the $2.5M hit or they get the entire $5M hit. but I doubt the later. so, they pay him less but take the full cap value. they would only claim him for floor shenangians. I don't think anyone has any use for him as a *player*.

a good source (from what i read...) is saying that the islanders are ready to pick up rolston

not only that... but that they are working a deal that would bring Semin to long island...

here's the source

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob

i mean i really dont see why wash would want to trade semin their best players right now before the playoffs... and the islanders to get a rental player while they will not even make the playoffs?

a good source (from what i read...) is saying that the islanders are ready to pick up rolston

not only that... but that they are working a deal that would bring Semin to long island...

here's the source

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob

i mean i really dont see why wash would want to trade semin their best players right now before the playoffs... and the islanders to get a rental player while they will not even make the playoffs?

Poor Semin.

that's not that great of a source if he thinks Rolston is any factor in a fantasy move for Semin. Rolston can't be traded if he's claimed, no?

well he did not said that they would trade rolston for semin? he just said they would pickup both

i cant see that trade happen... other than if wash is getting NY's first round pick... but they are not even sure they could resign semin so its a big risk... but its the islanders... they could pull that off lol

i mean... a few hours ago you see them trade their best dman.... you think ok well they decided to tank this year... then they would bring a top player which would be super pissed to go from a top team to a sh!tty team...

that's not that great of a source if he thinks Rolston is any factor in a fantasy move for Semin. Rolston can't be traded if he's claimed, no?

Well that depends on the package, they are very close to the cap floor and if they were to move Moulson, Roloson and another upcoming UFA for Semin, then they will need to reach the Cap Floor. I expect them to claim Rolston and waive him buying some cap hit.

We'll take Moulson.

The Semin thing could be true. Washington is going to have to go all in this year if they want to get past Pissburgh and they have plenty of holes. They still need to shore up their D and I don't think they're going to be too excited playing two relatively green goalies into the playoffs.

But just imagine this scenario next season:

"Taormina outlet pass to Semin. Semin carries over into the offensive end and goes around the net, blind pass to Kovalchuk. Score! Hattrick Ilya Kovalchuk. The score is now Devils 35 Penguins 1. Sidney Crosby moustache hairs are falling out all over the place."

Edited by CarpathianForest

Now Rolston is saying he wants to be claimed and go somewhere else.. It's like, when we had him I didn't want him.. But now that we might not have him, I'm sad to see him go.. This is a very messed up relationship :(:P

Edited by Colin226

Now Rolston is saying he wants to be claimed and go somewhere else.. It's like, when we had him I didn't want him.. But now that we might not have him, I'm sad to see him go.. This is a very messed up relationship :(:P

Thats how I feel with anyone that was on our team. They may be the worst player in the league.....but thats our worst player damn it!

"According to several sources there is also a chance Lamoriello will trade Rolston if he is willing to take a player (and salary) off the hands of another club. Rolston would not speak of that possibility but said he would waive his no-trade clause."

"How disappointed am I? It's disappointing for sure," Rolston said. "This has kind of been an ongoing thing here for me. It hasn't been great run for me and obviously with the team struggling the way it is this year, it's been a difficult situation to go through.

"I've had a good career. For it to come down to this is tough. I know I have a lot of hockey left in me. I know I can help teams. I just have to be given that opportunity. My salary his high and that could be a sticking point." -nj.com

All I can find is that "several" teams are interested in Rolston. Id like to see exactly what teams are interested in him from a notable source.

Good Luck with the rest of your career Rolston!

Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+Jersey+Devils+yb79kdZeacLl1.jpg

Edited by Quinn01

"On June 29, 2008, Rolston's negotiating rights were traded from the Minnesota Wild to the Tampa Bay Lightning in return for a conditional draft pick in 2009 or 2010.

After failing to agree to a contract with the Lightning on June 30, Rolston became a free agent the next day on July 1, 2008, and signed a four-year deal worth $20 million to return to the New Jersey Devils."

Ugh! He was so coveted....and then....

"On June 29, 2008, Rolston's negotiating rights were traded from the Minnesota Wild to the Tampa Bay Lightning in return for a conditional draft pick in 2009 or 2010.

After failing to agree to a contract with the Lightning on June 30, Rolston became a free agent the next day on July 1, 2008, and signed a four-year deal worth $20 million to return to the New Jersey Devils."

Ugh! He was so coveted....and then....

He really was. Wasn't the story that more than a dozen teams were interested in him at the time? (And I think I recall hearing that we were the only ones, or one of the only ones, to offer a fourth year...)

I remember thinking if he could score 30 goals a year in Minnesota, he could surely do it here in the same basic system. Has he even scored 30 goals total in his second stint here yet?

All that being said, I will miss him when he's gone. But, the cap space is needed for the future and this year is all but a wash, so we might as well start cleaning up the mess of the past few years, contracts-wise.

He really was. Wasn't the story that more than a dozen teams were interested in him at the time? (And I think I recall hearing that we were the only ones, or one of the only ones, to offer a fourth year...)

I remember thinking if he could score 30 goals a year in Minnesota, he could surely do it here in the same basic system. Has he even scored 30 goals total in his second stint here yet?

All that being said, I will miss him when he's gone. But, the cap space is needed for the future and this year is all but a wash, so we might as well start cleaning up the mess of the past few years, contracts-wise.

More ITB updates please!

"Because Rolston is now on re-entry waivers, he cannot be traded by Devils unless/until he clears re-entry waivers at noon Thursday."

Like anyone wants to trade for him if hes gonna be on re-entry.

Possibly. Picking up Rolston on re-entry waivers means adding a $2.5M cap hit. If someone doesn't want that big of a hit but does want Rolston, they could trade someone with, say, a $3.5M cap hit to the Devils for Rolston, thus only adding an additional $1.5M net increase in cap hittery.

If there is a trade, I could see it being a swap of cap mistakes in hopes that a change of scenery would help both players involved.

Edit: Meant re-entry waivers, not waivers.

Edit edit: My math sucks.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Come on someone pick him up!!!!

Hehe, it'll be awkward after no one claims him and he comes back to the team.

I've been calling him ZombieRolston for more than a year now (for lack of hockey vision and desire to shoot from any angle--"Rolston shooooooooot!"), and he's already survived one cut. This would be his next un-dead reincarnation. God, please let the Islanders claim him. Not that it fixes any immediate problems, but it's a start.

Too many "leaders" on this team. If we can dump Rolston and then Langenbrunner, hopefully someone else steps out of the murky shadows and is forced to play better.

Langenbrunner for Bergfors would make some sense for both squads.