2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

There's being positive and then there's just denying reality.  No they have not in fact been mathematically eliminated...but neither have the Isles or Panthers and they sure as **** ain't making it either.

Even ten wins out of eleven probably wouldn't get us in, maybe eleven would...but this team ain't doing that and they know it too, they've had more dead-*** performances than I can count since the Detroit fiasco.

Here's an early recap of tomorrow

We lost and everything we needed to go right went wrong. The end

Cool.

:argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:

Great response.

There's being positive and then there's just denying reality.  No they have not in fact been mathematically eliminated...but neither have the Isles or Panthers and they sure as **** ain't making it either.

Even ten wins out of eleven probably wouldn't get us in, maybe eleven would...but this team ain't doing that and they know it too, they've had more dead-*** performances than I can count since the Detroit fiasco.

First off, 10 wins gets us to 93 points.  I can't possibly see how that wouldn't be enough.

Second, you want reality?  Reality is we have no REAL first round pick.  Reality is we have no incentive to tank.  Reality is we've got nothing to lose by cheering for this team to win as many games as possible.  Reality is being all the doom and gloom accomplishes nothing.

Truth is being negative all the time isn't being realistic.  Being a blind pessimist isn't being realistic much like being a blind optimist isn't either.

Cool.

Great response.

First off, 10 wins gets us to 93 points.  I can't possibly see how that wouldn't be enough.

Second, you want reality?  Reality is we have no REAL first round pick.  Reality is we have no incentive to tank.  Reality is we've got nothing to lose by cheering for this team to win as many games as possible.  Reality is being all the doom and gloom accomplishes nothing.

Truth is being negative all the time isn't being realistic.  Being a blind pessimist isn't being realistic much like being a blind optimist isn't either.

You are the most negative poster I know; throwing this bull$hit in our faces when we are trying to focus on the positives and put losses behind us. We all know that mathematically we are not statistically eliminated, thanks for your 10,000 posts on the subject. It gets to be a drag. The last thing I want to see after the Devils lose is you coming on here with a "guys, I added it up and looked at our schedule and we can still make it" post. Drop the didactic attitude, we already know all the information you post ("10 wins gets us to 93 points") and stop lecturing people on life.

Edited by Neb00rs

Cool.

Great response.

How dumb are you? Yeah, we all want them to make it, what the fvck do you think!? They have sub-10% shot at it. We don't think they will, because they have a sub-10% shot at making it. Those odds are bad odds (I'm spelling this out for you because it's what you do. See how annoying I am?). 

• Like 1

What Marshall said.

MB, you're becoming more ridiculous and annoying by the day, which is sadly miraculous.  Maybe that's what you're shooting for, I don't know anymore.   

You are the most negative poster I know; throwing this bull$hit in our faces when we are trying to focus on the positives and put losses behind us. We all know that mathematically we are not statistically eliminated, thanks for your 10,000 posts on the subject. It gets to be a drag. The last thing I want to see after the Devils lose is you coming on here with a "guys, I added it up and looked at our schedule and we can still make it" post. Drop the didactic attitude, we already know all the information you post ("10 wins gets us to 93 points") and stop lecturing people on life.

Did you even see the post I was responding to?  He said 10 wins was probably not gonna be enough to get in.

How dumb are you? Yeah, we all want them to make it, what the fvck do you think!? They have sub-10% shot at it. We don't think they will, because they have a sub-10% shot at making it. Those odds are bad odds (I'm spelling this out for you because it's what you do. See how annoying I am?). 

You missed my point.  Too many people try too hard to not sound like homers that they bring up every tiny flaw or negative piece of information to sound like they're being realistic.  That was my point.  Being an anti homer is worse than being a homer.

I'm not in any way dismissing the the fact we are very unlikely to make the playoffs.

What Marshall said.

MB, you're becoming more ridiculous and annoying by the day, which is sadly miraculous.  Maybe that's what you're shooting for, I don't know anymore.   

Your the one who always overreacts.  It's not my fault you troll yourself.

Edited by Mike Brown

Your the one who always overreacts.  It's not my fault you troll yourself.

This coming from the guy who gets on multiple people's nerves on an almost daily basis around here.  Notice that I don't have this problem, but YOU do.  Says it all, really.

Exactly ONE person has accused me of being "overreactor" in my roughly 9 years on the board.  One guess as to who.  Also says it all. 

This coming from the guy who gets on multiple people's nerves on an almost daily basis around here.  Notice that I don't have this problem, but YOU do.  Says it all, really.

Exactly ONE person has accused me of being "overreactor" in my roughly 9 years on the board.  One guess as to who.  Also says it all. 

You get worked up over nothing.  That is your problem.

You overreacted with the on par thing mainly because you misunderstood what was even going on.

You overreacted when I gave my opinion on Keith Kinkaid.

You overreacted when I said other organizations try to stop ticket brokers.