All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

So this came in the mail today! Been wanting a white retro for a while, and who better than Mr Devils himself!

Will have to get it signed when I'm over next February!

10580964_10154414469360136_4630290154273

Who did the customization work?  Just curious because it looks like they actually got it right as the early 90's font was different than the current ones.  The current ones are more "boxy" with the numbers and letters while the early 90's jerseys are more roundish (the jersey style you have is from the 90-92 era style where the green trim was smaller on the shoulders).

I see a lot of customizers take shortcuts by cutting the letters and numbers with the current font but using the retro colors.  Drives me crazy as a jersey nut.

Who did the customization work?  Just curious because it looks like they actually got it right as the early 90's font was different than the current ones.  The current ones are more "boxy" with the numbers and letters while the early 90's jerseys are more roundish (the jersey style you have is from the 90-92 era style where the green trim was smaller on the shoulders).

I see a lot of customizers take shortcuts by cutting the letters and numbers with the current font but using the retro colors.  Drives me crazy as a jersey nut.

Whilst I am glad to hear that they're pretty good at their work, it wouldn't of worried me in the slightest if it was the modern font and not quite accurate - I guess I'm not a jersey nut like yourself! Haha!

Anyways, I ordered it through Sportsk.com - they did the customization work as well.

Unfortunately the option for sending it to Exclusive Pro just wasn't on the cards for me and was much easier for them to do the whole lot.

But yeah, definitely happy knowing they're pretty good at their job! :)

Whilst I am glad to hear that they're pretty good at their work, it wouldn't of worried me in the slightest if it was the modern font and not quite accurate - I guess I'm not a jersey nut like yourself! Haha!

Anyways, I ordered it through Sportsk.com - they did the customization work as well.

Unfortunately the option for sending it to Exclusive Pro just wasn't on the cards for me and was much easier for them to do the whole lot.

But yeah, definitely happy knowing they're pretty good at their job! :)

Yeah I have to say the more and more I see sportk's work, the more I like it.  They did a good job on yours and was wondering as I see on their website they have a pre-customized white retro with Lemieux on it, but the numbers are using the current font which is incorrect.

At this point I would say sportsk does the 2nd best work after EPS for Devils jerseys.

Yeah I have to say the more and more I see sportk's work, the more I like it.  They did a good job on yours and was wondering as I see on their website they have a pre-customized white retro with Lemieux on it, but the numbers are using the current font which is incorrect.

At this point I would say sportsk does the 2nd best work after EPS for Devils jerseys.

Yeah, this is the second jersey I've received from them, this was the pre-customized Daneyko, so I can't complain. Not used to the CCM material either, feels heavier, but very glad I got it. Half my wardrobe is jerseys lol.

I need the expert jersey opinions on this item:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chris-Terreri-Authentic-New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-ON-ICE-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-48-XL-/251627622887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a962cd1e7

From first glance it looks like it could be legit but I'm not an expert by far.  The fact this guy doesnt seem to have any paperwork with it scares me.  As well as taking a look through his recent feedback I don't see any other gamers.  Would a 48 XL be a common size for a goalie from this era?  

I never had an opportunity (aide from 1 listed on MeiGray that was in rough shape and seemed overpriced) to grab a Terreri game-used jersey.  If real this is a really really awesome opportunity for me.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

IMO the seller is full of it. Terreri gamers from late 90's and early 2000's were in size 58 and his Chicago jerseys right before that was a nike 56, so I really doubt he wore a 48. Not only that but the pit to pit size he put is 25", which is about the same size as a medium CCM replica jersey. Also the lack of paperwork as well as the the neck tagging (from what I remember and comparing it to another gamer I have from that time period it didn't have that center ice tag) really makes me suspicious.

IMO the jersey is just an authentic customized with Terreri but not game worn. My thought is that he threw in "game worn" to get more hits to his auction. This is a trend that I have seen growing over the past year or so.

Edited by DevsMan84

Thanks dude!

I was thinking the same about the sizing. Very odd to see one currently on MeiGray as a 56G and this one a 48 XL. Didn't compute for me.  Doesn't look big enough to fit goalie gear, even from that era on a smaller guy like Terreri.

With all that said if I can get it for $100 it would still be a nice gift to myself being authentic and of my favorite Devil.

Really appreciate your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent my first jersey to EPS. It's a replica with Elias on the back. I'm a little worried that it will look strange to have such high quality stiching on a replica jersey (i bought the jersey at the arena - I think the quality of the fabric is really low - anyone else agree?). What are your experiences with replica jerseys you sent to EPS? I'll post a pic when it comes in.

Just sent my first jersey to EPS. It's a replica with Elias on the back. I'm a little worried that it will look strange to have such high quality stiching on a replica jersey (i bought the jersey at the arena - I think the quality of the fabric is really low - anyone else agree?). What are your experiences with replica jerseys you sent to EPS? I'll post a pic when it comes in.

It will still look great.  You know with them what you get back is EXACTLY the same font and style that the players wear on-ice.

However, since this is their busy time of year, expect a 4-8 week turnaround time for it.

I have an old Gomez jersey (Koho) and have been waiting to change the nameplate. Was never a big Clarkson fan but I think Cammalleri is a guy who's jersey I want. Where is the best place to change it and how much will I be spending? Thanks!

EPS as they do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils.  For nameplate change it will be about $30ish total for the removal and new plate.  Will take about 4-6 weeks I can imagine.

Oh wow that's not bad at all. Best way to contact them is through email?

Yeah best is to email them and tell them exactly what you want and they (usually Josh) will send you an estimate.  Then you put in your order through the ordering form on the website, print out a copy of the completed form after you submit it, and then send that along with your jersey to them.  Once they are finished they will send you an email with a link to pay the invoice online (through paypal) and then after you pay they ship it out.  Shipping is usually about $13.

Yeah best is to email them and tell them exactly what you want and they (usually Josh) will send you an estimate. Then you put in your order through the ordering form on the website, print out a copy of the completed form after you submit it, and then send that along with your jersey to them. Once they are finished they will send you an email with a link to pay the invoice online (through paypal) and then after you pay they ship it out. Shipping is usually about $13.

Thanks for the info!

I ordered a jersey from sportsk but it had a stain/dot on it and I had to send it back. The guy over there suggested I try coolhockey or icejerseys, are either of them good? Coolhockey looks to be cheaper.

the guy from sportsk suggested that you go take your business to another company?? wow thats someone i would really want working for me! .. you dont think it was a spot that the dry cleaner maybe couldve gotten out before you went through the hassle of returning it.

I got a jersey from Sportsk earlier this year that had a hole in it.  It was in one of the arms at the seam where the stitching came out.  I knew it was CCM/Reebok and not Sportsk because it was still in the manufacturer's bag when I got it.  I talked to the SportsK guy and he went on a rant (not at me, at CCM) about how they are making their vintage replicas worse and worse.  He offered to pay for the cost of having it repaired.  I sent it to EPS and they repaired it for cheap in addition to doing my requested customization work.  So it ended well in the end lol.

the guy from sportsk suggested that you go take your business to another company?? wow thats someone i would really want working for me! .. you dont think it was a spot that the dry cleaner maybe couldve gotten out before you went through the hassle of returning it.

Yea he also said that all of his small devils home jerseys had pindots on them (just like the one I sent back). He said he doesn't make a lot on each jersey and he was trying to sell the company. I felt kinda bad lol

The jersey was in the manufacturer bag as well, so I don't think it was them. Didn't try to get the dot out though.

Yea he also said that all of his small devils home jerseys had pindots on them (just like the one I sent back). He said he doesn't make a lot on each jersey and he was trying to sell the company. I felt kinda bad lol

The jersey was in the manufacturer bag as well, so I don't think it was them. Didn't try to get the dot out though.

Don't feel too bad and he told me the same things back in March/April.  I think he was just being a little overdramatic which he was with me.  I don't blame the issues on them.

They are both legit. If you want the company to customize it then icejerseys does a better job.

And lol at sportsk. I've talked to their people before and they are a trip lol.

Is icejerseys comparable to sportsk or ep for customization? I don't know if I have time for ep b/c I want it in time for first home game...

Is icejerseys comparable to sportsk or ep for customization? I don't know if I have time for ep b/c I want it in time for first home game...

I know icejerseys uses EPS as one of their customizers, but they might send it to someone else if you want to do it quicker and from there I am not certain who they would use or how good it would be.

I know icejerseys uses EPS as one of their customizers, but they might send it to someone else if you want to do it quicker and from there I am not certain who they would use or how good it would be.

Hmmm looks like I might have to go with coolhockey if I want it before home opener....have you seen their work? Does it still look good?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.