Old Devils Mascot "Slapshot"

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info.  They should bring him out sometime and go with 2 mascots, just bring in people that can pass background checks

They still have the Slapshot suit in the team office, although they'll never publicly show him.. They dug it up during the warehouse move from Meadowlands to PruCenter

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info. They should bring him out sometime and go with 2 mascots, just bring in people that can pass background checks

They should bring him back for the Retro games but their policy is that he never see the light of day.. I don't agree with that, I mean, how many people even know Slapshot or the incident? Is it really still too soon to move on? I don't think people what he did exactly

They should bring him back for the Retro games but their policy is that he never see the light of day.. I don't agree with that, I mean, how many people even know Slapshot or the incident? Is it really still too soon to move on? I don't think people what he did exactly

While I think a good amount of our fanbase doesn't remember him or even knew he existed, just one Google search for him and you bring up the incident.  Plus he wasn't that great of a mascot so I really do not miss him.

I know someone had mentioned it earlier on this post or asked about it, but do you guys know how many versions of NJ Devil have there been?  I know he came out after slap shot and we have the current version which you could see in the video that skeeter was nice enough to share.  Than there was the mexican looking version that someone else had mentioned (and someone posted a pic of him signing autographs).  Is it just those 2 or have there been others?

I know someone had mentioned it earlier on this post or asked about it, but do you guys know how many versions of NJ Devil have there been?  I know he came out after slap shot and we have the current version which you could see in the video that skeeter was nice enough to share.  Than there was the mexican looking version that someone else had mentioned (and someone posted a pic of him signing autographs).  Is it just those 2 or have there been others?

I know there was one where he had more pronounced mustache.  He kinda looked like Raul Julia from the Addams Family movies.  His current mustache now looks more like John Waters.

The early incarnations of him had him with small red wings on him as well.  They got rid of those after a year or two.

He also had a pretty pronounced goatee for a while that just seemed to disappear over the years.  I think he wore that in the late 90's/early 2000's but cannot confirm.

Edited by DevsMan84

Great example with the Addams family.  I knew he reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it

I know there was one where he had more pronounced mustache.  He kinda looked like Raul Julia from the Addams Family movies.  His current mustache now looks more like John Waters.

The early incarnations of him had him with small red wings on him as well.  They got rid of those after a year or two.

He also had a pretty pronounced goatee for a while that just seemed to disappear over the years.  I think he wore that in the late 90's/early 2000's but cannot confirm.