The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Pens are losing it...having your season slip away like that will do that to you. The Asham crosscheck was dirty BUT I'd rather him do that than do nothing. If you're not going to win...at least fvck the other team up.

If he did it to Rinaldo that would be one thing. Maybe the Flyers will hold back on retaliation because it's the playoffs and it looks like they'll be in the next round. If this is the regular season though, it's crap like what Asham did that give skilled players on his own team a giant target on their heads.

Example, if I were on the Flyers I would have been absolutely livid with Rinaldo's slew foot on Parise. Not so much because it was a dirty play, but it resulted in a young skilled player getting his ass kicked. To add insult to injury, Rinaldo punked out when Kovy challenged him and left the fighting to an undersized teenager.

Same reason why the rest of the Rags hated Avery. For as much as he was effective against the opposition, he put his teammates in a vulnerable position.

I equally hate both teams too. That being said, i'm rooting for whatever makes this series last longer and for more games like todays. Let them kill each other in long hard fought games right till the end. Which ever one gets through should be primed for a 2nd round loss.

Fleury may suck, but no one can deny that Bryz is definitely a fail signing on Philly's behalf if this is how he's gonna play. The whole point for them was better playoff goaltending and they believed to get it meant signing an established good goaltender to a big contract.

If we beat Florida, we'd have our hands full with either team. I don't EVER root for the Flyers in a playoff series, unless they're playing the Rangers. And even then, whoever wins, I'd be pissed.

Agreed...but I'd rather this go 7 than 4. Especially if the road team keeps winning and sends both these fanbases home miserable. Unfortunately, Fleury looks worse than Goldberg in net.

Agreed...but I'd rather this go 7 than 4. Especially if the road team keeps winning and sends both these fanbases home miserable. Unfortunately, Fleury looks worse than Goldberg in net.

IMO I would have kept Goldberg in net and not put Cat in, in the Goodwill Games. whistling.gif

Of course, I want it to go 7 as well. But the way Fleury is playing, Pittsburgh might want to think about just forfeting game 4. :P