The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

True but if the Flyers plan on playing defense like this they're in HUGE trouble. The Penguins completely lost their heads and discipline.

The Flyers are just adapting to the pace of the series. The Pens take more risks and score more also. I have seen the winning team from a high scoring series, completely shut the goal scoring down the next series.

I may laugh at the team that allows 20 goals in 3 playoff games, but I fear the team that scores 20 in 3.

Edited by ben00rs

I can't believe a few weeks ago during the regular season I said that the Penguins were going to be bar none the hardest team in the East to beat. They are so stacked with talent...

...But what can you say? The Flyers were built to beat them. They play hard defensively, they hit a lot, and they are explosive offensively on 3 lines. Since Fleury has been playing like garbage they've got nothing. Their stars don't know what to do. They look silly.

And I mean even though it means the Flyers are going to win a series, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

this game was hysterical

I can't remember a team being that bad in a series with such talent, perhaps the Trashers of 2007 but even then...(Trashers were eh lol)

I'm glad the Devils didn't hold on Martin, dude looks like a former shelf of himself...

that and...Pens are done.Fleury/D cannot do anything at all....Bryz's just almost as bad as Fleury that goal where he went up and that puck got in...I mean, just stay down and put your glove behing you or just check LOL

that and ''getting out'' Rinaldo was understandable..bet the refs didn't want to deal with more penaltes or Rinaldo having a go..they should have done that with Neal right from the start when he was having a go at anyone(after Couturier's hit..)

Assuming the probable (a sweep), has any first-round series sweep ever garnered this much attention?

I'd like to say Rangers-Devils 06 :D

nah, Pens and the golden boy off the NHl getting back off a concussion getting horribly beaten in a sweep against their rivals?

meh

So Hagelin gets 3 games, and Carkner gets 1. Discuss.

The difference is that Hagelin's play resulted in one of Ottawa's best players potentially having to sit out a few games. (I'm not sure if anything there's any determination of how much time Alfredsson is going to miss.) So it's basically tit for tat. I would imagine there's also a liability issue, since hits to the head might result in a lawsuit, as we're already seeing the NFL.

Otherwise, it's all part of the league conspiracy to get Ottawa into the SC finals.

Edited by Daniel

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the suspensions yesterday. I think Hagelin getting 3 is hilarious in that it fvcks the Rangers, but I thought it was a little excessive. 1 game probably would've sufficed. Carkner getting 1 game is also hilarious in how it's enraged the Rangers fanbase, but he probably should've gotten 2. Thoughts?

The difference is that Hagelin's play resulted in one of Ottawa's best players potentially having to sit out a few games. (I'm not sure if anything there's any determination of how much time Alfredsson is going to miss.) So it's basically tit for tat. I would imagine there's also a liability issue, since hits to the head might result in a lawsuit, as we're already seeing the NFL.

Otherwise, it's all part of the league conspiracy to get Ottawa into the SC finals.

From what I've heard, its a possibility that Alfredsson could play tonight, at least that's what I heard yesterday. He was "feeling better" according to TSN. The thing with Hagelin's hit is I don't think it was with intent to injure. He got a little carried away, he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I was surprised he got 3.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the suspensions yesterday. I think Hagelin getting 3 is hilarious in that it fvcks the Rangers, but I thought it was a little excessive. 1 game probably would've sufficed. Carkner getting 1 game is also hilarious in how it's enraged the Rangers fanbase, but he probably should've gotten 2. Thoughts?

Boyle is 6'7

Carkner is 6'4

Boyle could have defended himself but he just keeps on proving that he is turtling coward.

From what I've heard, its a possibility that Alfredsson could play tonight, at least that's what I heard yesterday. He was "feeling better" according to TSN. The thing with Hagelin's hit is I don't think it was with intent to injure. He got a little carried away, he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I was surprised he got 3.

but how many times does it have to be told to these guys, no head shots allowed, it's been talked about so much this year. Keep your elbows down, that's all he had to do.

3 games is fine to me because of the stupidity of these guys who don't listen.

Which team, Canucks or Penguins, will bow out first? Take your pick.

Article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today suggests the Flyers have tired themselves out by constantly raising their arms in celebration of a goal this series. The writer thinks this may work out in the Penguins' favor.

(Okay, for the record, he said this jokingly. Still...ouch.)

Edited by NJCroMag

but how many times does it have to be told to these guys, no head shots allowed, it's been talked about so much this year. Keep your elbows down, that's all he had to do.

3 games is fine to me because of the stupidity of these guys who don't listen.

It also appeared to be an intentional elbow directed at the head. I could see grounds for leniency if he was just trying to finish a check and got his elbow up or it was some sort of spontaneous reaction to Alfredsson making an evasive move (which was kind of the case with Volchenkov's elbow last year).

UPDATE: Apparently Alfredsson stated that he thought the hit was not intentional.

Edited by Daniel

Perfect suspension for hagelin..... Alfredsson didnt have the puck and Hagelin led with his elbow and forearm HIGH to throw the hit.... The hit took Alfredsson out of the game. Hagelin even apologized for the hit which means he knew he was wrong.