2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Good win over a desperate Denver team...shouldn't have been this difficult but what are you going to do

Officiating was disgusting, yea I know I can't complain because of the PI on Holmes but until then the calls going against the Jets were TERRIBLE and game changing. The Leonard personal foul, the TD catch by the Denver receiver who didn't get both feet in bounds (right in front of the refs no less)

Sanchez started off slowly, he may have been thrown off his game by the big crowd. Jets definitely had communication problems early on. But he made some nice clutch throws later on. Still wish he wouldn't stare down his receivers quite as much, but that will come with age and experience.

Jets still have trouble getting to the QB without a lot of blitzing

Revis still not 100%, but played ok. He is a step slower out there.

Don't like to see Kyle Orton scrambling for key first downs and juking out linebackers. He's the freaking QB, hit him, don't watch him dance way!

Brad Smith...every time he's in the game he does something good.

That thin air, Folk with a 56 yarder, Prater with a 59(!) yarder and both had distance to spare. Touchbacks galore...I think maybe 1 kick was run out of the endzone

Edited by '7'

The officiating in this game was pure chicken sh!t. Nothing less. EVERYTHING was against the Jets. That was a clear pass interfearence on Santonio..

I'm not sure why people think that this is so f-ing easy. The call was clear to us because we're biased and we have the benefit of replay. The only thing that defender did that made this pass interference was grab Holmes' face mask. That happened on the opposite side from the official, and didn't turn Holmes' head around, so the fact that he followed the play that closely makes it a very good call. That or he just got blindly lucky.

What made the call on Leonhard so terrible was that the official there made something up. It's one thing to miss a call because you're watching a different part of the play or uncertain, but to throw a flag, indicating that you know that you saw something, when nothing even close to the sort took place? That official is going to hear about it when the week's evaluation comes in.

l_tomlinson_101017_CP-1.jpg

It was bumpy, it was ugly, it was lucky, but at the end of the day.. it was a WIN! :rock:

And it was really a statement made by the Jets loud and clear; *We don't care how we do it.. we just care about doing it!* No one best exemplifies this, more than LaDainian Tomlinson. He is an assassin. He is a warrior. He's this teams Captain. He illustrate's week after week, what it takes to win games in the NFL.. and he does it with class and humility. In 6 games.. 600 yrds (rushing & receiving) and 5 TD's, for an average of over 5 yards-per-carry! And he's doing it, when everyone said he couldn't.

-Yes.. he's getting Probowl regard. -Yes.. he's getting Comeback Player of the Year attention. But I wouldn't stop there. I truly feel he deserves league MVP consideration aswell. It really is astonishing how he has single-handedly furthered the development of Mark Sanchez. Can anyone think of where this team would be with Thomas Jones @ RB, instead of Tomlinson? :noclue: He is the rock of gibraltar on this New York Jets team. The most important player on that offense.. hands down!

I feel so sorry for the San Diego Charger fans, who had enough sense to realize the importance of LT's departure this offseason. And cried out as painfully as they should've. You have my sympathy.

Here's a statistic that gets under-appreciated; *16.8 points allowed! That's on average, how many points the Jets are allowing every game this season! (don't believe it? -do the math yourself) That's the defense.. sending the offense a clear message: "Go out there and score 17 points, and we'll be in every game this season." It's that *you-do-your-job* & *we'll-do-our-job* type of mentality, that keeps the Jets running on all four cylinders. I have never seen such camaraderie from a Jets team all my life. (and I've been a fan since 1987) And like it or not.. the unity the Jets show is a testament to Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan as a Head Coach.. as a teacher.. a motivator.. a parental figure.. and a friend.

I know the 2004 Jets team, started with a 5-1 record after 6 games like this one has.. but that "family" philosophy, just wasn't there. This team has that. This team is different. This team is special.

My friends who aren't Jets fans, continue to talk about the Jets being "smoke & mirrors". A team that "doesn't deserve to be 5-1." That just "aren't nearly as good, as their record indicates." To those people, I have only one thing to say; KEEP IT UP!

I don't want credit from anybody! I hope that those comments spread as far and as wide as they can! I want the Mike Francesa's of the world, to continue to fuel this team.. and keep them grounded all the way. I want them to continue to spew their doubt and skepticism as much as they can. Because, it's that doubt and skepticism, that will keep this Jets team real. That won't give them big-heads, and have them falling in love with themselves. I want this team to go into every single game with a chip on their shoulder. With something to prove. It's a very dangerous combination when you have talented team, with an; *us against the world* complex. The haters just can't seem to grasp that.

So to all of you (and you know who you are) I say.. Thank You.

-----------------------------------

So here the Jets are after half-a-dozen played, with only 1 loss all year. (and I still think we should be 6-0) There are 10 games left for the Jets on the season. If (at worst case scenario) they go .500 the rest of the way, that's still a 10-6 record for the regular season.. which STILL may be enough to make the playoffs.

In the spirit of our 5th win of the season, I leave all of you with 5 Great memories to treasure going into the Bye:

*Week 1: Shaun Ellis & Kris Jenkins sack\fumble on Flacco. (Baltimore's first play of game)

*Week 1: Bart Scott & David Harris stuff-sandwitch on Willis McGahee, causing him to fumble.

*Week 2: Thomas' fumble recovery, after Brady gets sacked by Jason Taylor in 4th quarter.

*Week 5: Calvin Pace (coming back from surgery) getting 2 sacks, in his 1st game of the year.

*Week 6: Trevor Pryce's tackle on Knowshon Moreno, for a loss of 4 yards on 3rd down.

Jets still have trouble getting to the QB without a lot of blitzing..

..patience my friend. Shawne Merriman is on his way. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

• 2 weeks later...

New_England_Patriots_d87c.jpg

The leaves are changing colors.. the days are getting shorter. Thanksgiving is less than a month away. We are entering November football. Week 8 is upon us!! :yea:

At the beginning of the year, if some psychic told you that the Jets would have only 1 loss going into Week 8.. would you have believed them? Yeah, neither would I. But here we are, nearly half the season in.. and that's exactly where Gang Green sits.

The Packers are a banged up bunch, with alot of players out with injuries.. or playing through injury. Still.. they found a way to beat a Viking's team, that were playing for their season. I think the Jets win this one, but not as handedly as some people are making it seem. Like 31-20 sounds about right. LT should have a big game, as should Revis & Pace.

Edited by Beezer34