Joe says NO!!

First off, sorry about my tirade before. I kind of woke up on the wrong side of bed and wasn't looking forward to today since it was a busy day for me. I apologize about that.

If Torre said yes, I would say that they made a fair offer. Of course I would have preferred they would have told him they wanted to go another way, as I didn't want him back from day one of the offseason. So I guess if he had said yes, I would have been upset at the management.

I will say this, I love Cashman, but I don't want anyone to think I like Levine. I can't stand that guy. I am reserving opinions on Hal and Hank until I see them make more decisions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levine is slime. And I think you're starting to see what Hank Steinbrenner is like. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3072881

I think it's good that the Yankees are going in a new direction. But I dislike PR games intensely. I like honesty, and the Yankee management does not have the stones to be honest with what they want. They say they wanted Torre to accept the offer, but I just don't believe them, and neither does Joe Torre.

By the way, the next Yankee manager is under a tremendous amount of pressure isn't he? If the Yankees don't make the ALCS, is that a firable offense? It's a tough situation for anyone, never mind a managerial greenhorn like Don Mattingly, if he ends up getting the job.

You know what I find amazing? That one of the Tampa guys helping to make decisions is Felix Lopez, Jessica Steinbrenner's second husband. This guy was the Legends Field groundskeeper and Jessica's former gardener. (Did she leave the window shades up ever so slightly while Felix was trimming the hedges?) The guy goes from grass-cutter to George's son-in-law and Yankee general partner. What a dream come true for him!

Edited by Jerrydevil