GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS, Jan 24, 2008, 7:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

Wow, this thread turned angry real quickly, with that anger pointed at a fellow fan.

I don't think impchick was saying that players need to do nothing but shoot. I think her initial post was tacking on to a previous post that said we were getting outshot 19-2 in the third. Lighten up, fellas.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that...I mean I have been watching the sport longer than most on the forum have been on earth...yes they should know when and know if there is no clear lane however they sometimes get brain cramps and keep passing...we have all seen the Devs and other teams do this...I think we understand each other...believe me there are plenty of posts thru the years that are posts that make me go huh? Still we perservere...we all love the Devs and will support them with our all :) ^5

I understand what you're saying and I will always love the Devs, but some of the suggestions I have read in this thread just really hit a spot that got me really ticked off. Sorry, I will try to be more understanding next time and sorry impchick for attacking you.

Haha yea that's another thing that bugs me about the fanbase in general. It seems like everyone is just too shy and doesn't want to make any noise.

Well maybe using "SHOOT" as a starting point for some fans will help eventually develop them to the point where they , y'know chant stuff.

Maybe for the next game ask anyone shouting "SHOOT" around you to add a word afterwards.

For Example "SHOOT MORE".

This can be further developed to :

"SHOOT AT THE FRIGGIN NET ODUYA , HITTING PEOPLES SHIN PADS DOSNT GET YOU GOALS YOU A$$ MUNCH"

and so forth.

Sutter is ripping his team a new a$$hole. It's well deserved.

Is this fact?

What is he doing , i love it when Sutter flips.

Sutter is ripping his team a new a$$hole. It's well deserved.

NHL CI cut my feed basically two seconds after the game was over so I'm not getting the PGS...what is Sutter saying?

Something I find interesting...last game ppl were loving Oduya...he makes a mistake and he is worth less than a bag of used pucks...talk about bi-polar folks...I thought the "what have you done for me lately" attitude died at the end of the last century...guess not :noclue:

I think people are just really frustrated over that whiff at the end of the game. I bet if you asked people tomorrow they wouldn't think Oduya is as useless as they think now.

Something I find interesting...last game ppl were loving Oduya...he makes a mistake and he is worth less than a bag of used pucks...talk about bi-polar folks...I thought the "what have you done for me lately" attitude died at the end of the last century...guess not :noclue:

I wasnt acctually referencing Oduya based on his play today.

I dont think he was on the Ice for any of the Montreal goals today.

ugh. just back from the game:

worst crowd of the season energy wise. usually i never feel the crowd is as bad as everyone else claims but tonight it was pathetic.

for the most part, the devils left for the all star break before this game started (excluding elias who appears to be at the start of his 2nd 1/2 hot streak) regardless of the 3-1 lead which was powerplay driven.

after they got up 3-1, it was like they thought the habs were gonna roll over and die. extra passes like it was an all star game became the norm and well, that's how you end up with 13 shots (which i still think is low and wrong). marty was hung out to dry and it appeared that it was a high stick on the questionable goal.

the refs were brutal both ways in this game (linesmen included).

i credit the habs for working hard throughout the game. they deserved the win tonight.

It's really been Rachunek that's been goofing on goals since he got back from his injury. Look for him to be benched.

This game made me physically ill. I am so angry.

I'm not so sure about the shots either, many many must have been blocked. I remember hearing 8 to 2 shots to Montreal in the second period and thinking the number was backwards.

Edited by Cowutopia

Just back myself.

Mattau played like the 2nd coming of Scott Niedermayer today.. I'm sure he deservedly lead the team in TOI.

Asham mailed it in and Rachunek should never wear a Devil's sweater again. He's officially moved into the Odelein Hall of Shame.

At least they had $1 hot dogs.

NHL CI cut my feed basically two seconds after the game was over so I'm not getting the PGS...what is Sutter saying?

I don't recall all of it, but he said what we already know. That the Devils sucked tonight. Suggest we all read papers tomorrow for more details.

Edited by hattrick

I don't recall al of it, but he said what we already know. That the Devils sucked tonight. Sugest we all read papers tomorrow for more details.

He said that he was disappointed with the entire team...they didn't play the system...they were playing like indivuals not as a team...they basically forgot how to play the game...words to that effect.

He said that he was disappointed with the entire team...they didn't play the system...they were playing like indivuals not as a team...they basically forgot how to play the game...words to that effect.

He also said that 30 minutes through the game the Devils stopped trying and started patting each other on the back for the win which they didn't yet earn.

He also said that 30 minutes through the game the Devils stopped trying and started patting each other on the back for the win which they didn't yet earn.

Yeah and he looked that he was spitting nails while saying it...one of these days he is gonna pop a jugular...you can see the veins in his neck protrude when he is pissed but trying to remail civil.

I agree with you guys, Rachunek ( minus the Philly game) hasn't been that great. There is something about his game that really bothers me. Its like he has the potential to do more, but just can't seem to hit the next level and never will. I hope he moves on after his year. I wouldn't mind seeing a hungry Greene and Brookbank back in the line up after the All-Star break. Let Rachunek and Asham sit.

Asham had a really good first month, playing well on the checking line, scoring timely goals, fighting when need be. If he is not on the line with Rupp and Clarkson, it seems that he just brings nothing to the team. I don't think its lack of effort, more just lack of skill or a defined role. I am happy that Rupp has taken advantage of his return to the line up and in my opinion been serving as a better role player than Asham as of late.

Yeah and he looked that he was spitting nails while saying it...one of these days he is gonna pop a jugular...you can see the veins in his neck protrude when he is pissed but trying to remail civil.

And the way you could just tell he wanted to curse but knew that he couldn't. It's only a matter of time until his attempts to remain civil fail.