UFC Thread

RockingTheRed81

I've not really thought about it. I think Penn will probably win, but I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Silva beat Griffin, that one is a real toss-up for me. Not ordering this one, will watch it on the web probs.

I'm more interested in confirmation of Fedor to UFC.

Fedor vs Brock w/ Brock in the Ivan Drago role lol.

I'll be rooting for Brock every time.

Edited by ghdi

probably. Carwin is a behemoth, and can easily end the fight with one punch.

i will be pulling for velasquez, since i think he's probably the more skilled fighter. but the power / size difference might be too much to overcome

are they fighting each other soon or is dana white just going to pick one to face Lesnar

so forrest got his sh!t kicked in. i wonder if rampage will refuse to fight silva like he did machida

Seriously Forrest was a let down. I really thought he was going to pull the upset, but it just goes to show how good Silva is. Dana white needs to have Silva and Machida fight each other...it would be such a sick fight...n is rampage next for silva?

Seriously Forrest was a let down. I really thought he was going to pull the upset, but it just goes to show how good Silva is. Dana white needs to have Silva and Machida fight each other...it would be such a sick fight...n is rampage next for silva?

Yeah, seriously. I mean, I couldn't see Forrest beating Silva, but I atleast expected him to give him a good tough fight. Silva dominated him.

Silva claims he won't fight Machida who he calls his 'friend and brother', and I'd think that White will get some fights out of Silva in that division before he pushes the issue.

Here's what I'm thinking... Silva is dominating, and Tito Ortiz (who White does not like very much on a personal level) is back. Wouldn't be shocked to see them lock up.

Silva is most likely going to have to defend his middleweight title against Henderson first though.

Yeah, seriously. I mean, I couldn't see Forrest beating Silva, but I atleast expected him to give him a good tough fight. Silva dominated him.

Silva claims he won't fight Machida who he calls his 'friend and brother', and I'd think that White will get some fights out of Silva in that division before he pushes the issue.

Here's what I'm thinking... Silva is dominating, and Tito Ortiz (who White does not like very much on a personal level) is back. Wouldn't be shocked to see them lock up.

Silva is most likely going to have to defend his middleweight title against Henderson first though.

Yeah your right that's going to happen first...but heres aonther crazy idea..Silva vs. GSP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

GSP vs Hendricks, and Jones vs Gustafsson were both very close wars

Silva/Weidman II is going to be intense

I am a huge Big Rig fan , and also a massive admirer of GSP. I was so frustrated with they way both fighters tackled that fight, and i was dissapointed with the result because Johny had that fight.

Jones vs Gustafsson was a hell of a fight. I think Bones got lucky really.

I hope Silva comes in with the right mindset and makes it a competition, the guy is a freak and so tallented.

Silva was winning that fight until he got to cocky and took that shot. Kinda like the last Manny and Marquez fight. Silva comes in as the best fight in history or close to it and fights like that he should win no problem. Gsp took a beating in his recent win and i heard he's considering quiting fighting. Guy has nothing left to prove

Silva was winning that fight until he got to cocky and took that shot. Kinda like the last Manny and Marquez fight. Silva comes in as the best fight in history or close to it and fights like that he should win no problem. Gsp took a beating in his recent win and i heard he's considering quiting fighting. Guy has nothing left to prove

Thats what happens when you dont show respect to the guy you are fighting, Look at Overeem vs Bigfoot Silva. Overeem was picking him apart, then all of a sudden he starts droping his hands, gets hit with one big shot and its over. Wideman is no chump, Silva will have to be on top of his game to win that belt back, but i thik he will do it.

GSP said he wanted time away after the fight, which seems to be the de jour thing these days, like silva after his loss. GSP has gone 5 rounds in every fight since 09, if he had stopped Hendricks or actually won the fight (convincingly) then i would agree he could walk away from the sport and no one would say a word. If he Beats big rig in the rematch (which Dana has said there will be) then he should call it quits.

I've just started getting into the sport thanks to the launch of Fox Sports 1 and how heavily they promote it with shows like The Ultimate Fighter and UFC Fight Night. Loving it so far and I streamed the GSP - Hendricks fight online. Hope to see a rematch.

Some of the UFC on fox events have been excellent latley. I am two episodes behind on TUF, need to watch them before the event this weekend. Juliana Pena is the most annoying TUF contestant ever.