The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Luongo to the Devils, e5.

In all seriousness, Kings impressed under Sutter. I would love to have a goalie like Quick in our system.

should the devils fail to advance, i'd be happy with any of the western teams - well, except st. louis. still have a little residual langenbrunner disgust.

I understand those feelings. Yet I think they were like 6-7 when Hitchcock took over....so most of the credit goes to the coach (which we didn't get....)

Luongo to the Devils, e5.

Who knows ??? It's not a crazy idea, except for the salary & term

Al I know is that we cannot have another season where Brodeur plays in 60 games !

20-25 starts would be right. 30-35 appearances as a max. But anything more than 35 games is just plain crazy.

should the devils fail to advance, i'd be happy with any of the western teams - well, except st. louis. still have a little residual langenbrunner disgust.

Ditto and the city sucks. I don't like Chicago either. Those are the only teams in the Western Conference I'm rooting against. The rest I don't care about.

St. Louis vs. Los Angeles is the first 2nd round matchup to be set.

Nashville will play the winner of Phoenix/Chicago.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I like game 7s. I am excited to watch Boston and Ottawa and I hope Boston wins.I hope the Rangers tie tonight so there is game 7 in that series and I would like the Rangers to win. I hope the Devils tie it up with Florida and the Devils win game 7. I would like Chicago to knot it up with Phoenix and then Phoenix to win game 7. That's all exciting hockey for me to watch if it works out that way.

these are average goalies. they haven't given up a super soft goal. not like marc-andre fleury who single-handedly torpedoed the penguins' season.

Marty, at this stage of his career, is nothing more than average in goal with sign of brilliants at times. I expect we will see the Marty of game 4 tomorrow night in game 6 and I am not sure what we will see from him in game 7.

the frustrating thing is marty shows up big when the offense shows up big, and they both make small mistakes that cost when they don't show up, the usual winning combo of marty taking slack then offense taking it back is not yet realized. marty will steal game 6, and hopefully offense can take care of game 7.

these are average goalies. they haven't given up a super soft goal. not like marc-andre fleury who single-handedly torpedoed the penguins' season.

The best part was after they won their second game the headline on NHL.com was, "Fleury's brilliance keeps Pens alive."