250 replies to this topic

#101 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

How much longer are the Devils going to try Henrique at center, he just doesn't play the position well at all. I suppose Josefson isn't the ideal 2nd line center but it is easier to find a 3rd line center then a young 2nd line scoring winger.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 05 November 2012 - 11:46 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#102 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Attending the Devils vs Providence game tonight. Will report back

#103 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Wedgewood went down for a few minutes with an injury tonight. He hit the back of his head on the crossbar after colliding with Titans defensmen Mitch Versteeg. He hung in the game but just minutes after he let in a soft goal. To start the third period, the Titans put in Flyers prospect Niko Hoivenen (he is 6 foot 7) and Wedge was nowhere to be found on the bench.

#104 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Wedgewood went down for a few minutes with an injury tonight. He hit the back of his head on the crossbar after colliding with Titans defensmen Mitch Versteeg. He hung in the game but just minutes after he let in a soft goal. To start the third period, the Titans put in Flyers prospect Niko Hoivenen (he is 6 foot 7) and Wedge was nowhere to be found on the bench.

Mike Ashmore has some quotes from Wedgewood on his Titans blog. Hopefully he feels fine after a day or two.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#105 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I haven't followed Albany much, but who has Larsson been paired with mostly? I hope he and Urbom can gel, that would be a sick pairing for the future. I'd rather see Larsson paired with Urbom than anyone else in our system, not only because of the Swedish factor but also the size and potential to be a shutdown pairing when needed. Obviously Urbom is a bit further away from being a full-time NHLer than Larsson who basically has a full season under his belt, but still.

I really haven't seen much of Urbom either, has his physical game picked up any? I heard he doesn't use his size at times.

Larsson= Lidstrom lite with a bigger frame but slower stride
Urbom= Kronwall lite with a bigger frame

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 10 November 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#106 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hope Wedge is ok

Just got back from the Albany game tonight in Providence. As most of you know, they lost 2-1 in a SO. Here are my thoughts on the game:

Positives-

Keith Kinkaid was sensational finishing up with 37 saves on 38 shots. He really knows how to use his large frame to his advantage and made a few highlight real saves where he stretched for every inch. If he plays with any consistency, he has a shot

Adam Henrique was buzzing around and was even rewarded with a goal. He and Whitney had a nice give and go which Henrique finished off. I know his stats dont look great, but he still looks fine

Larsson was solid. He is clearly too good for the AHL, but he didnt take too many risks offensively. He did have a few nice stretch passes and did have a notable rush where he beat two forecheckers and set up Zajac in the zone, who bobbled the puck. It also appears that he is working on his explosiveness. During warmups, he would be gliding, then suddenly accelerate to top speed (this happened several times and I didnt notice anyone else doing this)

Alex Urbom was very steady for his first game back. Good size and knows how to use it. He even won a fight.

Negatives:

Powerplay- This looked like an Adam Oates run pp, pre Zidlicky and Foster. Yes folks, it was THAT bad. They couldn't gain the zone and when they did, guys would just fumble the puck. I thought it was interesting that they used Butler on the point. I wish they'd use him as a rover a la Malkin, but of course, he isnt Malkin and Albany just doesnt have the passers

Offense- Even though they officially had 27 shots, I think about three of them were memorable. Kowalsky shuffled up the lines with a top 6 of Whitney-Henrique-Anderson and Pesonen-Josefson-Butler. Unfortunately, it didnt help. Their use of the cycle was especially poor and the Dmen didnt exactly help when given the chance

Jesus, Jay Leach is downright awful. This guy makes Adam Larsson look like Mike Gartner speedwise. He's also always out of position, and cant keep a puck in the zone to save his life.

All in all it was a good time and I was apparently sitting in the same row of Bobby Butler's dad.

I haven't followed Albany much, but who has Larsson been paired with mostly? I hope he and Urbom can gel, that would be a sick pairing for the future. I'd rather see Larsson paired with Urbom than anyone else in our system, not only because of the Swedish factor but also the size and potential to be a shutdown pairing when needed. Obviously Urbom is a bit further away from being a full-time NHLer than Larsson who basically has a full season under his belt, but still.

I really haven't seen much of Urbom either, has his physical game picked up any? I heard he doesn't use his size at times.

Larsson= Lidstrom lite with a bigger frame
Urbom= Kronwall lite with a bigger frame

Larsson has been paired with Jay Leach mostly, but tonight, he was with Dan Kelly

#107 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Tonight's A-Devs game: http://thefirstrow.e...any-devils.html

0-0 right now in the 2nd, Devils gotta kill off a 5-on-3
25smul5.png

#108 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Frazee is looking good tonight, just saved back-to-back breakaways.
25smul5.png

#109 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

1-0 Devils, Butler from J. Whitney and Corrente, great play by Whitney to make some open ice for Butler, nice shot by Butler too

Edited by parisebrandon1994, 10 November 2012 - 08:29 PM.

25smul5.png

#110 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

1-1 after 2, Eric Wellwood with the goal for Adirondack.
25smul5.png

#111 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Only Whitney's 4th game..congrats Albany coaching staff.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#112 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

1-1 after 2, Eric Wellwood with the goal for Adirondack.

Damn you Nashville!

Devils had to kill off a 5 on 3 for 1:30 to end the second

Only Whitney's 4th game..congrats Albany coaching staff.

Kowalsky is a mess. They had a stupid too many men penalty and his choice of personnel is perplexing to say the least. Tedenby should be in there.

Anyone see that Tim Sestito play? What an idiot

#113 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Damn you Nashville!

Devils had to kill off a 5 on 3 for 1:30 to end the second

Kowalsky is a mess. They had a stupid too many men penalty and his choice of personnel is perplexing to say the least. Tedenby should be in there.

Anyone see that Tim Sestito play? What an idiot

What did he do? I was answering a text when it happened so I missed it.
25smul5.png

#114 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

What did he do? I was answering a text when it happened so I missed it.

He got hit by the Adirondack bench and a phantom on the bench said something to him. So he takes a swing at him

#115 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

2-1 Devils, Anderson from Josefson and Wiseman
25smul5.png

#116 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Why isn't Kowalsky playing Hrabarenka, Tedenby, or Pesonen? And he should really throw Clermont a game sometime, I don't like that one of our goalie prospects is just collecting dust in the press box
25smul5.png

#117 titansman

titansman

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Why isn't Kowalsky playing Hrabarenka, Tedenby, or Pesonen? And he should really throw Clermont a game sometime, I don't like that one of our goalie prospects is just collecting dust in the press box

Clermont in playing with Elmira in the ECHL. Hes starting tonight against Orlando. No dust on him.

#118 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Clermont in playing with Elmira in the ECHL. Hes starting tonight against Orlando. No dust on him.

I thought Wedgewood was in Elmira and Clermont was sitting 3rd wheel in Albany? Unless I missed something.
25smul5.png

#119 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Devils take the game 2-1, nice performance from Frazee
25smul5.png

#120 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I thought Wedgewood was in Elmira and Clermont was sitting 3rd wheel in Albany? Unless I missed something.

Wedge is in Trenton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users