NJ Devil Bobblehead

yankeesjetsfan

That does not mean they won't have it. When i owned a store, i carried items that were not retail based because i had the proper connections. When i stop to visit SE, i'm not looking for bobbles so i am not 100% on that, but i would not rule out what you may see in any sports memorabilia store that has connections like a SE.

I know that it does not mean they don't have it, but in this case it does. 1. The item is at least 7 years old and as I said was not sold for retail, and 2. I go in there frequently and know that they do not have it.

There is no way Sports Express has that Devils bobblehead. It wasn't sold for retail, it was given away at a game years ago....

I was just there this early afternoon. the bobbleheads that they have was that 4 set that apparently they gave away or sold at the games. it was right by their register in a big box

I saw these other bobbleheads there but wasnt sure if it was the ones he was looking for

I would just call the guy up and see what he says

I was just there this early afternoon. the bobbleheads that they have was that 4 set that apparently they gave away or sold at the games. it was right by their register in a big box

I saw these other bobbleheads there but wasnt sure if it was the ones he was looking for

I would just call the guy up and see what he says

Yes they have the set of 4 from this year, and some other retail bobbles...good luck finding the NJ Devil

That store is great. I had them customize a Rafalski Jersey for me because my old one got torn up and it came out great :offtopic:

They do a good job in there. I have bought stuff from them for years. They also do a nice job with their in store signings. I am hoping they get Marty back there one day, but it is probably too costly at this point.....

They do a good job in there. I have bought stuff from them for years. They also do a nice job with their in store signings. I am hoping they get Marty back there one day, but it is probably too costly at this point.....

One of the kids working there said he was in talks to get Kovalchuk to come but he was asking for 20K

I know that it does not mean they don't have it, but in this case it does. 1. The item is at least 7 years old and as I said was not sold for retail, and 2. I go in there frequently and know that they do not have it.

Then there you go. But being it is not a retail item doesn't mean a store like SE will not ever carry SGA's. I carried every SGA of the Devils during my time including the one he wants. I Wish I still had a few left some still sell quite well. I'm good friends with SE and I know his connections. It wouldn't surprise me what he has and I wouldn't be shocked to see any item in store.

Edited by SJP20

Then there you go. But being it is not a retail item doesn't mean a store like SE will not ever carry SGA's. I carried every SGA of the Devils during my time including the one he wants. I Wish I still had a few left some still sell quite well. I'm good friends with SE and I know his connections. It wouldn't surprise me what he has and I wouldn't be shocked to see any item in store.

Are bobbleheads big in the collectible world?

It is rare to see a SGA in any store such as Sports Express. Most of their items are retail items. I am not saying it is impossible for stores like this to sell such items, but it is rare, and it would be even more rare in this case when the item in question is 7 years old....

They were extremely popular as giveaways around 02-05 I would say and then it has died down some. There are always retail bobbleheads being produced by Forever Collectibles, etc....

When i owned a store in the early part of the 2000's, i was the first major Forever Collectibles retailer to sell them at a retail location in NJ. At the time the company was based in Montclair and were sort of a newcomer/unknown to the industry as they were looking to expand into the retail marketplace. They were trying to find dealers to market the product and no one took the risk on bobbleheads and plush stockings because of the high retail $ on them. Since cards sucked and beanies were done, i went for it. I couldn't keep the stuff in stock.

Today, you can find the product pretty much anywhere from Wal-Mart to Hallmark. One of the best decisions i ever made was dumping the accounts when they "expanded" into full retail mode as the product got popular and more reconizable.

The three FC Devils commemorative bobbles from 2003 w/the Cup were limited to 5,000 each. I had about a 5th of that number.

When i owned a store in the early part of the 2000's, i was the first major Forever Collectibles retailer to sell them at a retail location in NJ. At the time the company was based in Montclair and were sort of a newcomer/unknown to the industry as they were looking to expand into the retail marketplace. They were trying to find dealers to market the product and no one took the risk on bobbleheads and plush stockings because of the high retail $ on them. Since cards sucked and beanies were done, i went for it. I couldn't keep the stuff in stock.

Today, you can find the product pretty much anywhere from Wal-Mart to Hallmark. One of the best decisions i ever made was dumping the accounts when they "expanded" into full retail mode as the product got popular and more reconizable.

The three FC Devils commemorative bobbles from 2003 w/the Cup were limited to 5,000 each. I had about a 5th of that number.

I use to work at the public library in montclair off bloomfield ave on south fullerton

Mike, can you please change that banner in your sig? It is jammming browers, especially smartphones.

I took it off. Can you please post pics of the forever bobbles with the cup? I've never seen them.

Mike

PM Sent.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Still looking for the SGA NJ Devils mascot bobble. If anyone sees on or has one for sale, please let me know.

Mike

I got mine a few years ago on eBay. I had no idea how much they were worth. All I knew was that I wanted one because it looked cool. But every time I placed a new bid, I was automatically outbid by the same guy (or girl). We were the only two people bidding on it. I kept typing in a higher price, bumping the price up and up and up until the price hit around seventy-something dollars, and I finally gave up.

A day or two after the bidding ended, the seller notified me that I had indeed won the bobblehead for 12 bucks, which was my very first bid.

I guess the other bidder had entered an outrageously high top bid, thinking there was no way he (or she) would ever have to pay it. I imagine he (or she) defaulted on the payment, which made my initial bid the winner since no one else had bid on it.

Guess I'll have to be a bit more paitent then :)

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.