Same Ol' Sean Avery

grcenter47

It's just so hilarious that he can't even control his temper online and gets angry at Twitter users who take him to task. It's like, he didn't have to even acknowledge mine or Eco's post, but he did, and thus, showed us that we got to him. I'm glad to have confirmation that he read what I wrote.

It's just so hilarious that he can't even control his temper online and gets angry at Twitter users who take him to task. It's like, he didn't have to even acknowledge mine or Eco's post, but he did, and thus, showed us that we got to him. I'm glad to have confirmation that he read what I wrote.

And what DID you write?

To be fair to Avery he holds a few NHL records of his own.

Most handbags owned by an NHL player and the highest number of minutes in the closet in the history of the NHL.

Unlikely. Firstly, he had a short career after all. Probably dozens and dozens of NHL players that had very long careers secretly gay. I'll actually go from probably to 100%.

Secondly, unpopular opinion here: Sean Avery gets to stay relevant and still gets a reaction when this thread is 3 pages long of people chirping on him over a tweet. He wins.

And finally, chirp Sean Avery for almost everything. But him possibly being gay (just rumoured because he had the guts to not conform to the athlete norm and do things his own way), isn't right. Get on him for being one of the most unlikable despicable athletes this game has ever seen. 

Unlikely. Firstly, he had a short career after all. Probably dozens and dozens of NHL players that had very long careers secretly gay. I'll actually go from probably to 100%.

Secondly, unpopular opinion here: Sean Avery gets to stay relevant and still gets a reaction when this thread is 3 pages long of people chirping on him over a tweet. He wins.

And finally, chirp Sean Avery for almost everything. But him possibly being gay (just rumoured because he had the guts to not conform to the athlete norm and do things his own way), isn't right. Get on him for being one of the most unlikable despicable athletes this game has ever seen.

Fair point (about his rumoured sexuality). It's not going to help with the stigma within professional sport, my bad.

• Like 1

Yeah, obviously a lot of gay athletes from the major sports are in the closet, since I can't really name any that are out. And its naive to believe there are no gay athletes. I'd like to think in this day and age an openly gay athlete would just be accepted, but that would also be naive. 

So I have no gripes with him being "closeted" if he is gay. That's his personal choice. My comments about him acting like a 12 year old girl and not liking him because of how he conducted himself on and off the ice are equally valid regardless of his sexual preference. 

Not that any of this was directed at me, just stating my opinion. 

Yup, that might be the second time I've tweeted Sean Avery in like 5 years. It's not like I'm harassing him all the time with hurtful abusive stuff. Guy writes a little tweet about one of my heroes, so I wrote a little tweet back. Mine clearly got to him more than his got to me, what a little girl.