Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

So should I tweet every player/coach/management personnel saying they are acting like an ass on every opposing team and hope for a smart-ass response back so I can get free tickets from the Devils?

I will agree that what she said is far from the most terrible thing she could have said, but let's not make her out to be some victim. She said a smart ass thing and directed it to his twitter, and he reponded with a smart-ass answer. It was tit for tat and nothing more or less.

Again, two wrongs don't make a right and neither should be rewarded.

No, obviously you shouldn't do that but you know that response doesn't make sense DM. LA wasn't trying to get tickets and this wasn't something that has happened many times before. It is just a nice innocent thing to do to give her tickets and it is ridiculous that you guys are making a big deal out of that. I am not saying she is a victim at all. But let's not pretend like any of this is that serious...that's what you are doing....it's twitter, a couple insults were thrown around, a fan got free tickets...whoopity doo.

That's not why she did it though, you are overlooking a pretty fundamental fact here.

Please, she defended the team, and then the team defended her. You are making it out to be a much bigger deal then it actually is.

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

So she got free suite tickets basically by accident, bfd. Like people don't get comped those anyway depending on who they know. I'm not even sure the Devils gave her the seats directly, I think it was this guy Will who works for the Devils who already had the suite.

no, the devils themselves didn't as in ll or vbk. carafello is the boss of the generals and id bet my last dollar it was a general who was the "friend" who directed her to carafello and he in turn gave her the suite the devils keep for hosts and guests. if anything this was the social media arm of the devils who for some reason felt it necessary.

no, the devils themselves didn't as in ll or vbk. carafello is the boss of the generals and id bet my last dollar it was a general who was the "friend" who directed her to carafello and he in turn gave her the suite the devils keep for hosts and guests. if anything this was the social media arm of the devils who for some reason felt it necessary.

Yea, they were most definitely given to her by the team.

Many fans call out team executives for being too distant with fans and being too professional. Take Lou for example. We go after him for being a little too professional on here all the time. Fans are always asking for team ownership/management to be more interactive with fans, but then throw a hissy fit when they try in this case.

They should be held to a certain standard, but not held against a double-standard by fans.

There clearly is a different standard for how a team executive must conduct himself/herself in public as compared to how a fan can conduct himself/herself. If you don't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

And Yormark wasn't interacting with a Panthers fan here. He's getting into an argument with a "rival" fan over TWITTER! How is that remotely the same as some people (I could care less) wanting Lou to be more interactive and less secretive with us? If this is what its like when a team exec. is more interactive with fans, I'll pass. I sure as hell don't want any of the executives from my favorite teams acting like this clown. Maybe that's why I'm not a Jets fan. :giggle:

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

Dude, who gives a sh!t? The team gave her tickets, big fvcking deal. 'Bad behavior'? What is this, elementary school? C'mon DM. Get over it bud. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 1

Dude, who gives a sh!t? The team gave her tickets, big fvcking deal. 'Bad behavior'? What is this, elementary school? C'mon DM. Get over it bud. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

I;m not the one who did an interview with pictures taken at the game with PuckDaddy within 12 hours of the game.

Exactly what I'm saying.

P.S. MD you have been in rare form these playoffs.

Many fans call out team executives for being too distant with fans and being too professional. Take Lou for example. We go after him for being a little too professional on here all the time. Fans are always asking for team ownership/management to be more interactive with fans, but then throw a hissy fit when they try in this case.

They should be held to a certain standard, but not held against a double-standard by fans.

Double standard, shmouble shmandard. They're public figures. Dealing with public scrutiny is part of the job requirements.

So was Doc McMullen. Think of all the nice things you've said about him on this public, online forum ....

Yes, and if he was still alive and read my comments he has every right to respond to me and send me a smart-ass remark.

Difference is I would either respond back or just not respond at all. Either way we would both probably look like asses and I know my opinion of McMullen is not popular on here. I wouldn't go acting like I was some victim. I reaped what I sowed.

He's not the owner, he's the president and COO I believe. Come to think of it, I don't even know who the Panthers' owner is lol.

Either way, he is not exactly a "public figure" and more of just a businessman who runs a professional sports team. No one elected him.

Edited by DevsMan84

Didn't think I saw this posted anywhere, but apparently our man here isn't new to these kind of Twitter sparring matches.

Panthers president Yormark sparks bizarre Twitter dispute with local beat writer

"GR[George Richards] has taken the very highest of roads in responding to this mess, but man...what a tale he could tell. Yormark's meetings with members of the local media are underground legend down these here parts".

I don't even know what is being debated anymore here. That a girl shouldn't have been rewarded with tickets to a friggin' hockey game? or that you shouldn't hurt a team president's feelings?

I am not arguing that we shouldn't hurt his feelings. I am saying 2 things:

1) If you give a smart ass comment to a team president's twitter, don't complain if he sends a smart ass reply back

2) Devils should not reward bad behavior to fans who get into arguements with other teams management online.

Again, and I can't say this enough, no one here is the good guy.

So was Doc McMullen. Think of all the nice things you've said about him on this public, online forum ....

mcmullen was not a saint or a perfect owner. not that most owners are, but mcmullen blamed all the devils problems on the njsea and nearly moved them twice, once about an inch away. he did have some valid complaints about the njsea and was led on about the success the devils would have here (he was told move a team here opent he dorrs and youll sell out everynight). this was also a multi-millionaire that didnt spend any $ on the team even before lamoriello arrived and complained about the territorial payments he had to make when he relocated the team. mcmullen tried to run the devils on a limited budget (even with LL) and then complained why the devils couldnt get a early foothold with a fan base and pointed fingers instead.

Yes, and if he was still alive and read my comments he has every right to respond to me and send me a smart-ass remark.

Difference is I would either respond back or just not respond at all. Either way we would both probably look like asses and I know my opinion of McMullen is not popular on here. I wouldn't go acting like I was some victim. I reaped what I sowed.

Isn't that what LA said Yormark was making himself look like? :lol:

Just because people have every right no make asses of themselves doesn't mean they should. If he were alive, I'd hope Doc would find such a response to be beneath him.

As of a minute or two ago, LA has more followers than Yormark.

I love you, hockey fans.

Edit: I also love TG:

@TGfireandice @LaurenAshley07: 3,221, @panthersyormark: 3,196. Apparently, Lauren's opinion can matter now.

Outstanding!

Isn't that what LA said Yormark was making himself look like? :lol:

Just because people have every right no make asses of themselves doesn't mean they should. If he were alive, I'd hope Doc would find such a response to be beneath him.

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

This thread and post has a lot of mention of the word ass. I wonder if you do a google search for ass this thread comes up lol. A lot of perverts will be disappointed.

Edited by DevsMan84