Best place for jersey?

Blown01NJ

I got my Kovalchuk a couple years ago at EP. I was kinda bummed that the authentics were now Indonesian or whatever. I want to get a Henrique now that he is signed. Is EP still the place to go?

Yes as they are the only ones you get the lettering just right. However EPS no longer sells jerseys so you have to get your own.

I'm curios about how to get a "proper" jersey as well.. My two Kovy ones seem a bit lame now suddenly. The ones I ordered last time had the "ironed on" name, even though I though I bought the official merchandize. What is the full name of this EP store?  

Yeah the Devils Den and NHL.com suck at customization.  EPS does the actual customization for the on-ice jerseys that the Devils players wear.

www.exclusivepro.com

I had a Jagr jersey done by them recently on a Premier jersey.  Took them approx 4 weeks.

How good are the guys who do it at the Devils den?

Not good.  If you do it in-store, it is ironed-on garbage that will most likely peel after some time.  They usually will re-press it for free (as will the official NHL store in Manhattan), but the materials they use makes it feel like stiff pieces of cardboard glued to the back of your jersey.  Not only that but the font is not correct and the spacing is off a little from what I saw in that Jagr jersey they posted back in July.

If you choose to have the Devils Den send it out for you to get it stitched, the font is usually incorrect.  At that point just might as well send it to Exclusive Pro.

Not good.  If you do it in-store, it is ironed-on garbage that will most likely peel after some time.  They usually will re-press it for free (as will the official NHL store in Manhattan), but the materials they use makes it feel like stiff pieces of cardboard glued to the back of your jersey.  Not only that but the font is not correct and the spacing is off a little from what I saw in that Jagr jersey they posted back in July.

If you choose to have the Devils Den send it out for you to get it stitched, the font is usually incorrect.  At that point just might as well send it to Exclusive Pro.

How much does it usually cost to have EPS do it?

I have a black ice kovy jersey, could they change it to a schneider, let's say? With the black lettering, or would it have to be red/white?

Edited by NJDEVS1730

How much does it usually cost to have EPS do it?

I have a black ice kovy jersey, could they change it to a schneider, let's say? With the black lettering, or would it have to be red/white?

Hmmm with black ice jerseys not sure.  I would say they might be, but all those black ice and accelerator jerseys (you can tell the difference as accelerator jerseys have the gray sublaminated fade in the numbers while the black ice doesnt and accelerators didnt have striping on the bottom) came pre-customized from the Reebok factory.  Plus half the black ice jerseys I see at the Prudential center these days are fakes so not sure if EPS would touch those.

As for pricing EPS has been charging me $60 per jersey to get lettered.  To strip would be about an extra $30.  Plus you also have to pay for shipping there and shipping from EPS.  Shipping from EPS is about $12-15.

Hmmm with black ice jerseys not sure.  I would say they might be, but all those black ice and accelerator jerseys (you can tell the difference as accelerator jerseys have the gray sublaminated fade in the numbers while the black ice doesnt and accelerators didnt have striping on the bottom) came pre-customized from the Reebok factory.  Plus half the black ice jerseys I see at the Prudential center these days are fakes so not sure if EPS would touch those.

As for pricing EPS has been charging me $60 per jersey to get lettered.  To strip would be about an extra $30.  Plus you also have to pay for shipping there and shipping from EPS.  Shipping from EPS is about $12-15.

Yea I figured. I know mine is authentic, and I got it right when they started the black ice so I know it's not accelerator. I've been looking on ebay and there are a bunch of blanks for good prices so I might just buy one of those and send it off to EPS....

That's kinda lame that you have to get your own jersey. Where can you get a blank authentic?

I figure EPS stopped selling jerseys due to the large amount of complaints that followed after the introduction of the indo edges a couple years ago.

Indos can be found either on eBay or through other jersey collecting forums for cheap.

If you want the real made in Canada 2.0's you have to either get a game worn, game issued, or possibly an extra blank they sometimes have on the meigray website. Edge 2.0's are not yet available for retail for the devils.

I get them from a Chinese wholesale website and the quality is superb. Got a Henrique and a Kovy one (GOD DAMN YOU KOVY). $60 for one jersey and takes about a week and a half to reach me in NJ. They use EMS so you don't need to worry about Hong Kong Post and their recent shipping delays. 

http://www.weiketrade.hk/

^

There's the link. They are on Holiday right now so they will be off for a week.

oh no not this again! LOL you will find here that those china jerseys are extremely looked down upon. just a warning before you get whats bound to come to you.

Who cares? Lol looked down upon by who? Less than a handful of people who care what stitching and tags you have on your shirt? Silly geese. I personally dont have a jersey from china, but the idea that your jersey is trash if you dont get a "game worn" jersey(one of the most fraudulent businesses you could get involved with (sports memorabilia)), or a jersey on ebay and send it to some company in illinois, is simply lunacy. Nhl.com, devils den, china, modells, it doesnt matter, any of those places is just fine to get a jersey. The differences are so trivial that it would only make a difference to you if it really bothers you that much. And anyone who judges you for what tags are on the shirt on your back, would you really want to be friends with that person or even care for the respect and admiration? Haha NO.

The only thing that would sketch me out about china is giving credit card info. Id probably buy a green dot card or something to pay for it with

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

oh no not this again! LOL you will find here that those china jerseys are extremely looked down upon. just a warning before you get whats bound to come to you.

It shouldn't really matter, the Chinese knockoffs are great. I'm sure as hell not paying $350.00 for a jersey when I can get essentially the same thing for $60.00.  But I'll take the heat, could care less what people think.

It shouldn't really matter, the Chinese knockoffs are great. I'm sure as hell not paying $350.00 for a jersey when I can get essentially the same thing for $60.00.  But I'll take the heat, could care less what people think.

If you pay $350 for an authentic then you are doing it wrong.

Anyways I took this at Penn Station after a game last season.

Yup those sh!tty chinese knockoffs look real sharp!!

gallery_3795_169_63015.jpeg

Mods - Please close this thread

i guess neither one of you have been around long enough to have seen the debacle of a thread that happened over chinese jerseys last time it was brought up.. a heated debate broke out .. im not the one with the issue i have a few china jerseys in my closet.. i have a couple authentics and a couple game worns as well but just sayin'. People on this board flip out about them.

• Like 1

Anyways I took this at Penn Station after a game last season.

LOL i was just about to say devsman where you at ... my buddy joe has a knock off henrique and i guess none of the yellow people could figure out how to get that Q in henrique right... his is also lower then the rest of the name and the collar is thick white as well as the Reebok being the wrong size.

LOL i was just about to say devsman where you at ... my buddy joe has a knock off henrique and i guess none of the yellow people could figure out how to get that Q in henrique right... his is also lower then the rest of the name and the collar is thick white as well as the Reebok being the wrong size.

Thats the thing.  How can people say the knockoffs are just as good as the real thing when they spit out garbage like that?  I mean it's not even close and its not the first knockoff I have seen with letters stitched haphazardly.  I would even take Hockey Haus's awful customization over that any day.

The reason why a lot of jersey collectors go nuts over these knockoff jerseys is because it is damaging their hobby.  With the influx of these knockoffs coupled with the Indo-Edges, you are lucky now these days to get back what you paid for when you buy an authentic or game worn.  You used to be able to at least somewhat break even collecting jerseys over the long haul, now you don't even come close and is more of a labor of love than anything.

Edited by DevsMan84

Thats the thing.  How can people say the knockoffs are just as good as the real thing when they spit out garbage like that?  I mean it's not even close and its not the first knockoff I have seen with letters stitched haphazardly.  I would even take Hockey Haus's awful customization over that any day.

The reason why a lot of jersey collectors go nuts over these knockoff jerseys is because it is damaging their hobby.  With the influx of these knockoffs coupled with the Indo-Edges, you are lucky now these days to get back what you paid for when you buy an authentic or game worn.  You used to be able to at least somewhat break even collecting jerseys over the long haul, now you don't even come close and is more of a labor of love than anything.

after understanding it ruining the hobby it was easier to understand your strong opinion on this. As ive said i do have a few knock offs of jerseys i dont really care about i have a traitorchuk, eli manning and hakeem nicks which are all fake. I have a langenbrunner and brodeur which are ccms i guess the equivilant to the reebok premiers, I have an authentic brodeur framed and signed and i have an elias and clarkson game worns. It does sucks to buy a game worn even if your getting a deal on it then decide you want to unload it and use the funds to buy something else its apparently not so easy to unload them and make back a fair amount of money.

Anyways I took this at Penn Station after a game last season.

Did you take pictures of all the other ones that look fine? No. Exception to the rule simple as that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.