Why is Weekes sooo good??

PariseOwns

seriously, shut up. we played hard last night and earned the victory and today we were burnt out. weekes did give up a lot of rebounds, but we can't fault him for our team's fatigue in the later parts of the game.

WE CAN'T WIN THEM ALL

Trite but true.

But, man, are Weekes' pads made of Superballs or something?

He did nothing to make Sutter consider giving him more starts, other than spelling Clemmensen. Chico, predictably, said he had "no chance" on the first two goals, but that's not how I saw it.

I didn't see the first two goals, but I did see the last two. I didn't think he had any chance on either. Weekes had a chance to grab the ball and go with it, but he probably lost it. Too bad that he can't get the 5-8 goal support that Clemmer gets when he (Scott) doesn't play well.

Edited by devilsrule33

I didn't see the first two goals, but I did see the last two. I didn't think he had any chance on either Weekes had a chance to grab the ball and go with it, but he probably lost it. Too bad that he can't get the 5-8 goal support that Clemmer gets when he (Scott) doesn't play well.

His decision-making on that PP goal wasn't too good. He didn't have a chance because he put himself out of position.

But I agree on that second Vanek goal. What a pretty shot.

We just didn't have it tonight. Nobody on the team had it, including the goalie. Nice to see Elias come through and it's always nice when Holik gets on the board, but nobody really had it.

Buffalo exposed our inability to deal with a strong forecheck. Greanted we were slow all around tonight but typically we do the worst against teams who pressure our d-men hard deep in our own zone. They definitely like their time.

That translated all the way up the ice. Lots of own-zone turnovers, no real decent breakouts. Buffalo took the body all night, they were first to the puck ALL the time, we just got outplayed all night.

For a while I'd hoped that coming out for the third we'd be able to hang on for a tie at least, but they didn't have it.

Can't be too upset. 3 games in 4 nights, a huge emotional win over the Rangers, and we came out flat and were outplayed, that's all their is to it. No reason to get upset, though Weekes disappointed me.

Just get up for the next game, boys.

We just didn't have it tonight. Nobody on the team had it, including the goalie. Nice to see Elias come through and it's always nice when Holik gets on the board, but nobody really had it.

Buffalo exposed our inability to deal with a strong forecheck. Greanted we were slow all around tonight but typically we do the worst against teams who pressure our d-men hard deep in our own zone. They definitely like their time.

That translated all the way up the ice. Lots of own-zone turnovers, no real decent breakouts. Buffalo took the body all night, they were first to the puck ALL the time, we just got outplayed all night.

For a while I'd hoped that coming out for the third we'd be able to hang on for a tie at least, but they didn't have it.

Can't be too upset. 3 games in 4 nights, a huge emotional win over the Rangers, and we came out flat and were outplayed, that's all their is to it. No reason to get upset, though Weekes disappointed me.

Just get up for the next game, boys.

Can't argue with any of that.

Trite but true.

But, man, are Weekes' pads made of Superballs or something?

He did nothing to make Sutter consider giving him more starts, other than spelling Clemmensen. Chico, predictably, said he had "no chance" on the first two goals, but that's not how I saw it.

+1.

Thank You Jerry.

Edited by SatansDevils

I didn't see the first two goals, but I did see the last two. I didn't think he had any chance on either. Weekes had a chance to grab the ball and go with it, but he probably lost it. Too bad that he can't get the 5-8 goal support that Clemmer gets when he (Scott) doesn't play well.

Yeah looks like you have been missing a lot of Devils games.

Listen, I am not saying Clemmensen is great, but CMON the guy is getting the job done and getting this Devils team on a winning streak. He has been lucky in some games and some he did give up bad goals, but even the best like Brodeur gives up some bad ones too. Clemmensen played very well right after that 5th goal was given up and the Devils took over the game.

It is obvious that Clemmensen deserves to be the #1 right now and he has proven it night in and night out. Weekes will get his starts but it won't be many if it continues the way he played tonight. IMO, I just have NO confidence in weekes and after tonight's game how can anyone have any confidence in this guy? I said years ago that Weekes is done and IMO he is until I see something change.

y is he soo good i wish i could play like him.

Well he is an NHL goalie with Stanley Cup Finals experience... and you will never be... so it's good to have aspirations :P

(this is why I went to the bar to enjoy the rest of my birthday after the game.... I knew thew dumb threads would surface.... if you don't understand the concept of a CLASSIC LETDOWN GAME... you don't understand sports AT ALL!!)

Well he is an NHL goalie with Stanley Cup Finals experience... and you will never be... so it's good to have aspirations :P

(this is why I went to the bar to enjoy the rest of my birthday after the game.... I knew thew dumb threads would surface.... if you don't understand the concept of a CLASSIC LETDOWN GAME... you don't understand sports AT ALL!!)

owned.

Weekes does go down too often, and doesn't get up in time...

Clemmer's fundamentals seems to be better, but who would have thought that a month ago.

My only concern is that Clemmer has about the worst glove hand I've ever seen. Fortunately his positioning makes up for a lot of it, but every time a shot goes gloveside I cringe.

Clemmer is going to run with it, but I think the Devils will have to continue playing at this high level defensively or offensively to continue winning. I think it was Clemmer who said, since Marty has went down, the Devils have not given up any breakaways or 2 on 1s. It's been pretty incredible and it sure makes his job a lot easier.

And Jerry, he may have put himself out of position on the third goal, but what do you want him to do? The Devils leave a Sabre wide open in the slot, and then there is another Sabre left wide open to score on an empty net. What is he suppsoed to do? It is like blaming Price on the Parise OT winner.

What a stupid thread .

Maybe if Weekes played more than a game or 2 every couple of weeks we could evaluate his skills better. You know, the same way Clems got his chance and after a few dismal losses started to play better.

what happens when Marty gets back? Do we send Weekesie down to Lowell (does he have a 1 way contract?)

Marty won't be back till post-trade deadline, the rosters expand and we keep 3 goalies

What a stupid thread .

Maybe if Weekes played more than a game or 2 every couple of weeks we could evaluate his skills better. You know, the same way Clems got his chance and after a few dismal losses started to play better.

Well, I think both guys had equal chances to get more playing time when Marty went down, and so far, Clemmensen has capitalized and Weekes hasn't. That doesn't mean Weekes won't get his chance again when and if Clemmensen hits a rough patch.

Right now, every game is an opportunity for Weekes to get back in the mix, and he has to play well to do so. Last night, he was average at best, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was let go way before Marty comes back.