• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

We need to zero in on Bobby Ryan...we have the pieces to get him. Would suck if he slipped to someone in our conference...or worse division

I'm hoping that the expense of trying to keep that defense together will be too much for the Rangers to be involved in this. Things could get interesting the next couple of offseasons though as owners, GMs, and players need to adjust to the new economics of player contracts.

yet everyone said the same thing about Kovy in NJ

You beat me to it.

Nash is not a Rangers player in the mold of the team Tortarella wants to build. Plus they lost 2 guys that fit their system quite well in Anisimov and Dubinsky. Plus Tim Erixon and a 2013 1st. That's not nothing. Quite a nice package for Columbus. Nash has never played defense. Nor is he a good passer/playmaker. Rag fans are going gaga over this guy...I don't sense a happy ending for him in NY

yet everyone said the same thing about Kovy in NJ

No one said Kovalchuk wasn't a good passer/playmaker before he got here, just that he didn't play defense. Which, by the way, he really didn't. Nor did the Devils really give anyone up off their active roster who it really hurt losing, besides Oduya. And it took some time to fully adjust things.

I don't think Kovalchuk's tenure will have a happy end in NJ either.

No one said Kovalchuk wasn't a good passer/playmaker before he got here, just that he didn't play defense. Which, by the way, he really didn't. Nor did the Devils really give anyone up off their active roster who it really hurt losing, besides Oduya. And it took some time to fully adjust things.

I don't think Kovalchuk's tenure will have a happy end in NJ either.

i was hearing A LOT that he was not passing at all and was hogging the puck and all he cared about was his stats... and he proved everyone wrong on that one on many many occasions

i was hearing A LOT that he was not passing at all and was hogging the puck and all he cared about was his stats... and he proved everyone wrong on that one on many many occasions

That's what they said about Mogliny before he came, so should we have just assumed Kovy would definitely work?

Every situation is different, Kovy isn't the same as Nash and the Rangers aren't the same as the Devils, so nobody can use those situations as a good comparison.

Because Lemaire and Lou got him to buy into the whole team mentality. It remains to be seen if that can happen in NY. For all we know, Nash handles pressure and distraction like Gomez.

Because he has 13 years left on his contract and will be almost useless by year 7 or 8

Is Elias going to be useless this coming season? Kovy has a lot of skills that will still be with him when he's 36 years old. His skating won't be as good but he'll still have a huge shot and great vision.

Because he has 13 years left on his contract and will be almost useless by year 7 or 8

Isn't it 12 years left? That doesn't make much difference tho. I get towards the end of his tenure he's most likely not going to be the guy worth his 6.666 cap hit but I think people should remember that we locked up a elite talent for a manageable cap hit and got the best out if him for 7-8 years. And if we win a cup with him on the team then in my opinion it was all worth it

im not too worried about Kovy in the future... looking at how Sykora was able to produce simply relying on his shot. Kovy is and has been a better player than Sykora at any time of his career... so unless theres big injuries or wtv. Kovy will be standing at the point and racking up points SIMPLY with his shot and he's always gonna be a big guy.

Unlike Zach in like 4-5 years he's gonna be some kind of... Smyth/Morrow... paid 7.5 m for another 7 years lol

we got a good idea too of what kovy could be in a few year by watching him play in the playoffs last year and he finished on top for points in the playoffs

Edited by SterioDesign

Is Elias going to be useless this coming season? Kovy has a lot of skills that will still be with him when he's 36 years old. His skating won't be as good but he'll still have a huge shot and great vision.

Elias is one of the smartest players in the league. I would not rate Kovalchuk's smarts as one of his assets. The trouble is if you have a guy trying to play his 25 year old game in a 36 year old body.

Odds are he has at least one bad season where everyone hates him before he leaves.

Either way, I'm selfishly focused on the now...as in when do I get the schedule and find out what we are dealing with...I hope Kovy isn't run down from his playing in the KHL

Kovy is a beast dude. A real workhorse

Edited by SterioDesign

I don't honestly care if the last few years of Kovy's contract are miserable.

The team's already gotten to the finals once during the tenure, I'd be pretty satisfied with the contract if the team sees the SCF at least once or twice more during its length.

I'm still really hoping against hope that Lou brings another forward over via trade or UFA before the season begins. I think he was totally caught off guard with Zach high-tailing it to Minnesota.

well its like waiting last minute for your xmas shopping... you can be surprised and in deep sh!t lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.