Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

I've spoken to people who know Langs, and was told he always liked playing here, except he apparently lamented that the front office didn't do enough to market the team, and fill up the building. Maybe things soured last season, but it's pretty lame to be knocking the guy when when the suckiness of the team has been a collective effort.

I agree that it's time to cut the cord, but real Devils fans ought to wish him the best, and not be classless jerks and boo him every time he touches the puck when he's in another uniform.

I agree, He has given us a lot of great hockey and he has my respect. No boos coming from me. It is time for him to go and I wish him well.

He has a lot of respect from the players and I firmly believe he has made players like Zach better players and has been said by many of them. His decline was hard to watch since last season. I did not like the way he handled himself before the playoffs last year but it does not change what he did for this team.

Good luck Jamie.

Lets go Devils!!!!!

I agree, He has given us a lot of great hockey and he has my respect. No boos coming from me. It is time for him to go and I wish him well.

He has a lot of respect from the players and I firmly believe he has made players like Zach better players and has been said by many of them. His decline was hard to watch since last season. I did not like the way he handled himself before the playoffs last year but it does not change what he did for this team.

Good luck Jamie.

Lets go Devils!!!!!

Well said. :cheers:

Good luck Jamie.

Lets go Devils!!!!!

+1

Will always be a part of the 03 magic

i'm guessing he's going back to the stars.

+1.

I think Langenbrunner is going back to the Stars as well. Most likely announced in the morning. Why wait till the afternoon when most likely tonight it is a done deal to the Stars. Have to wait and see.

I always liked Langenbrunner and he had a good run here with the Devils but it is finally time to let go. He was awesome for the Devils in 2003 and forever thank him for that. Also meeting and talking with him many times at the Devils signings and getting to wear his silver medal from the Olympics was pretty cool. I will miss Langenbrunner just like some of the other Devils that have left but it is just his time to go. i wish him well in Dallas or where ever he goes. His career is almost over anyway but he may do good on a top team or playoff team. Thanks for the memories Langenbrunner.

Mmm i guess boston got in the mix... From any teams i think boston would be the best to trade with... Bunch of good kids... Bunch of centers... 2 first round picks this year.. I mean... They will have bunch of good prospects rotting in their system if they dont trade them so... Theres just no room for them all... They are stack with centers so maybe...

Right now there's a lot of sour taste from Jamie's last few playoff performances and from this season, obviously. So I don't feel much sadness because of him leaving at the moment - changes need to be made and it has to touch the bigger names, not just Andy Greenes and Ilka Pikkarainens. But I'm sure when it's all said and done, when the season ends and we get a lot of time to reflect on things, I'm going to remember the best memories about Jamie. We just have to move on now. Just like with Gio, Madden and a bunch of other guys. I'll always remember them as Devils and will root for them to win (assuming they don't end up on the Rangers ;) or aren't playing us on the particular night).

I really have no idea what to expect from that trade in terms of return (especially that we don't know which team is getting him). Hopefully I get to know soon, it better not turn into a soap opera.

I think Langenbrunner is going back to the Stars as well. Most likely announced in the morning. Why wait till the afternoon when most likely tonight it is a done deal to the Stars. Have to wait and see.

Alright so now we know he will be going to someone other than the Stars and it will be announced tomorrow. :P

Right now there's a lot of sour taste from Jamie's last few playoff performances and from this season, obviously. So I don't feel much sadness because of him leaving at the moment - changes need to be made and it has to touch the bigger names, not just Andy Greenes and Ilka Pikkarainens. But I'm sure when it's all said and done, when the season ends and we get a lot of time to reflect on things, I'm going to remember the best memories about Jamie. We just have to move on now. Just like with Gio, Madden and a bunch of other guys. I'll always remember them as Devils and will root for them to win (assuming they don't end up on the Rangers ;) or aren't playing us on the particular night).

I really have no idea what to expect from that trade in terms of return (especially that we don't know which team is getting him). Hopefully I get to know soon, it better not turn into a soap opera.

Whatever sour taste I have from Langenbrunner comes mostly from his admission that he had trouble getting excited for the playoffs. On one hand, we tend to forget that players are human beings, flawed just like the rest of us, and I'm sure it had reached the point that the playoffs had become a formality for many of the Devil players...just like it had for many of the fans. But to actually hear a player (the captain) admit that...at that point, I thought he had to go, especially coming off a players series that had seen the Devils look slow and overwhelmed yet again.

I agree, I don't really feel sad...more like it's time to move on and realize it's over for guys like him...at least it is here. Like you said, I'll remember the good with Jamie.

dallas probably won't even make the playoffs, so it will be nice that jamie won't even have to go through that

dallas has a few intriguing B and C level prospects. i'd also love wandell and a draft pick but i don't see that happening.

Edited by Triumph

dallas probably won't even make the playoffs, so it will be nice that jamie won't even have to go through that

dallas has a few intriguing B and C level prospects. i'd also love wandell and a draft pick but i don't see that happening.

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

Edited by MantaRay

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

After all of this, if Langenbrunner has to come back and play for us after being asked to waive his no trade clause and being scratched (with Rolston also in the same lineup after being waived twice) Lou should just be given his pinkslip and maybe we can get someone in here who can start to turn this thing around.

• Like 1

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

Hugely? Really? They are only 6 points ahead of the 9th place team and only 7 ahead of the 12th place tean. It is likely that Dallas makes the playoffs but I would not be surprised if they didn't.

i'm aware of where they are in the standings. i'm also aware that they are not a very good team.

Most teams know we have to deal him, if we get more than a 2nd round pick I would be surprised.

i suggest reading up on 'supply and demand'.

• Like 1