GDT. Rangers vs Devils

pumpkin cutter

The butthurt from Rag fans is strong on the Cam goal. I don't see how anyone can call it a DISTINCT kicking motion.

I wish Brunner had Cam's passion and drive, although he had a better game. Cam gets ribbed here a lot, but man he gives no less than 100%

I love that NHL.com shows multiple replays for every goal except that one. I figure they don't want the fans to criticize controversial decisions

I'm starting to think Burlon might be one of those career AHL guys, we drafted him 5 years ago and he hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Fair. I was hoping otherwise, but still, if Severson pans out, that's 4 big time dmen in a short time, assuming Gelly, Merrill, and Larsson keep playing well.

I'm starting to think Burlon might be one of those career AHL guys, we drafted him 5 years ago and he hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Maybe he's our new OMG (I forget how to spell his name) that we'll only see if things go catastrophically wrong 

He didn't get called up when the Devils were down to their 10th D.  If he hangs around in the organization it'll be as filler only.

He also let in two bad goals.  Bad goal to Richards on a slow moving wrist shot, and he moved very slowly getting back in position for the Zuc goal.  Neither should have ended up in the net.

I thought if Greene committed more to taking away the pass, Brodeur could have faced Richards 1 on 1 and wouldn't have been beaten bad, but he gave up a 2 on 1 goal to the hottest shooter on the team, he's let up worse goals. The Zuccarello goal was just a good play by Callahan to set up a rebound, also thought the defensemen was a little bit at fault because he (forget who it was, maybe Volch?) was in better position to get in front of it than Marty and looked reluctant.

Thanks for sharing this me and my penguin friend will have a laugh reading these after rangers losses. That facebook page is a gem of ridiculousness and confirmation bias. There is a huge amount of hate on their as well, people saying they hope terrorists blow up the rock with the team inside. Just crazy stuff.

They've lost 3 games to us out of 3 and they all still talk sh!t. The best is they say we got 6 overtime bullsh!t points, I'm fairly certain if there was no shootout we would have more Wins and less overtime losses.

Also the droves of players that believe they have more cups than us. Because winning cups 80 years ago with 6 teams in the league is an accomplishment.

Edited by Sneax

Obviously Brodeur created that 1st goal, but I am not buying this at all.  It's been 30 games split between two guys.  Skill would have no way of trumping pure chance.

I'm not talking about him creating offense as much as I'm talking about him disrupting the other team's offense.   For example the Kings game, I think if Marty plays, they probably don't win.   But if he does play, I don't think they look nearly as bad as they looked.   For a team that passes as poorly as we do, getting hemmed up is a death sentence

Edited by maxpower

Oh look. A giant run-on sentence, no punctuation, and misuse of "there". All shocking things. 

Once a dumb fanbase, always a dumb fanbase...you can also add "most predictable" to their many negative traits. 

The best is they say we got 6 overtime bullsh!t points, I'm fairly certain if there was no shootout we would have more Wins and less overtime losses.

Please, Rangers have racked up more than their fair share of "bullsh!t" SO points over the years (as have the Devils)...what makes that even funnier is that infamous Ranger brown-noser Al Twatwig will make it sound like the Rangers are purposely playing for shootouts whenever they start accumulating wins that way.  The rules are what they are...if the Rangers had gone 12-13-6 instead of 15-15-1, you wouldn't hear a peep from them about OT BS points.  Just like if they had won the Cup in '95, you'd never hear anything about "1/2 Cup" from them.  And like someone said on here a while back (I forget who)...Ranger fans (especially the males) even kind of look alike...very Neanderthal. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Once a dumb fanbase, always a dumb fanbase...you can also add "most predictable" to their many negative traits.

Please, Rangers have racked up more than their fair share of "bullsh!t" SO points over the years (as have the Devils)...what makes that even funnier is that infamous Ranger brown-noser Al Twatwig will make it sound like the Rangers are purposely playing for shootouts whenever they start accumulating wins that way. The rules are what they are...if the Rangers had gone 12-13-6 instead of 15-15-1, you wouldn't hear a peep from them about OT BS points. Just like if they had won the Cup in '95, you'd never hear anything about "1/2 Cup" from them. And like someone said on here a while back (I forget who)...Ranger fans (especially the males) even kind of look alike...very Neanderthal.

I think my favorite Ranger fan ever was this woman that called up I believe Evan and Joe that claimed there was a league conspiracy to have Ottawa beat the Rangers in the 2011-2012 playoffs as evidenced by the refs. When told that there would be nothing the league would want more than to have a big market team like the Rangers go as far as possible, she responds, "well maybe Bettman owes a favor to those Canadian teams."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think my favorite Ranger fan ever was this woman that called up I believe Evan and Joe that claimed there was a league conspiracy to have Ottawa beat the Rangers in the 2011-2012 playoffs as evidenced by the refs. When told that there would be nothing the league would want more than to have a big market team like the Rangers go as far as possible, she responds, "well maybe Bettman owes a favor to those Canadian teams."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I told this story a while back, but the day after the Devils won the Cup in '95, I woke up and went to a bagel shop down the street (this was in Clifton) and the guy working behind the counter clearly had an abundance of body hair, body fat, and unrivaled stupidity.  I still had my jersey on, and right away with that awesome Noo Yawk accent, Bagel God said something along the lines of "O yeah, now all yous guys cum outta da wood-werk."  I told him I'd been a Devils fan since '84, then he put forth the theory that the series was definitely fixed (and was deadly serious about it).  I said something about it how must be a wonderful luxury to have so much time to ponder such travesties while juggling the art of perfecting bagel fabrication.  Not much happened after that...thankfully he had to toast and butter my bagels in full view, so he couldn't add any special secret sauces...but suffice it to say I never went into that store again, which was kind of too bad...they did make some tasty bagels.    

I'm not talking about him creating offense as much as I'm talking about him disrupting the other team's offense.   For example the Kings game, I think if Marty plays, they probably don't win.   But if he does play, I don't think they look nearly as bad as they looked.   For a team that passes as poorly as we do, getting hemmed up is a death sentence

For teams able to carry the puck into the zone, Brodeur does exactly nothing to help in the defensive zone.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out how the Rags are so much better than the Devils.  What about their roster makes them better?

Nothing... On paper, maybe their team 2 years ago was better than ours, it might have been the deepest Rangers team in a decade or two. But Sather traded half that team away.

This year's Rangers are NOT a good team, by any stretch of the imagination. When you look at the losses they've compiled, they let in 3-4 goals, they've lost 9-2, they've lost 7-0, they just lost 4-1 yesterday. They're the most inconsistent team in the league and I think they're due for a bad run soon.

If I had to pick one, I'd rather be in the situation the Devils are in, where we're keeping games extremely tight, losing games in the shootout, losing games by 1 goal at worst. 9 times out of 10, DeBoer has been able to keep the compete level extremely high, outside of a few games here and there. We're beating teams like the Penguins, the Bruins, the Ducks, Kings; we're winning in adverse conditions, winning in OT situations, and would be in a much better position right now if we didn't have 3 of the most unlucky weeks to start the season off. Let's face it, we were unlucky; the level of play was there game-in and game-out and we'd be in 2nd place in our division with one or two more positive results during that month or two of bad luck.

Nothing... On paper, maybe their team 2 years ago was better than ours, it might have been the deepest Rangers team in a decade or two. But Sather traded half that team away.

This year's Rangers are NOT a good team, by any stretch of the imagination. When you look at the losses they've compiled, they let in 3-4 goals, they've lost 9-2, they've lost 7-0, they just lost 4-1 yesterday. They're the most inconsistent team in the league and I think they're due for a bad run soon.

If I had to pick one, I'd rather be in the situation the Devils are in, where we're keeping games extremely tight, losing games in the shootout, losing games by 1 goal at worst. 9 times out of 10, DeBoer has been able to keep the compete level extremely high, outside of a few games here and there. We're beating teams like the Penguins, the Bruins, the Ducks, Kings; we're winning in adverse conditions, winning in OT situations, and would be in a much better position right now if we didn't have 3 of the most unlucky weeks to start the season off. Let's face it, we were unlucky; the level of play was there game-in and game-out and we'd be in 2nd place in our division with one or two more positive results during that month or two of bad luck.

The Devils and the Rangers are pretty even I would say.  The Rangers were playing without Nash for a couple of weeks, remember.

The Rangers will always go as far as their goaltending will take them.  Lunqvist has had a fairly down year so far, but you would expect him to reverse things if he isn't starting to already.  I think the Devils and Rangers will be neck and neck until the end of the season.

• Like 1

I know we hate it when we lose to the Rags. But when the Rags lose to us, they go absolutely ape sh!t.

I'm not defending Rags fans, because they're a special level of obnoxiously stupid, but their broadcasters make them stupider. Apparently, Rosen claimed Cam's goal should have been disallowed. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the rules of hockey knows that wasn't a distinct kicking motion. If I'd grown up listening to the moron homers who call Rags games, I might not understand hockey either. I know Chico can be a homer (and no goalie has ever been at fault in his mind), but our broadcasters to a pretty good job explaining what happened, even if it doesn't favor the Devils.