GDT: New Jersey at Tampa Bay - 7:30PM

gardenstatepkwy

The defense is perfectly healthy.   The forwards created enough offense in this game, the defensive play was fvcking disgusting.   Stamkos literally must have been invisible.    You cannot play defense like that in zone or in transition.   It was a joke.

Ok they had a bad game tonight against a really good offense. Our defense has been playing great over the last few weeks. Defense is the last ting I am worrying about.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broduer has been bad these past two games. He made some great saves tonight but let it alot if sh!t and the shootout was pathetic. Last game he lets in 2 on 14 shots and tonight 4 on 25 shots. Goaltending has really been the bane of this teams existence this season.

Everyone jumps on Moose, but six goals on 39 shots is not good at all

In what reality is 2 points a cushion? Granted the Rangers have been sucking as well, but come on.

3 points above the Isles with the same amount of games played is a little cushion. You guys overreact wayyyy too much.

EDIT: so if we got another point tonight that would make the difference right?  4pts...3point cushion on 9th, my goodness what a difference! Win tomorrow, get at least a point on Monday and we are in good shape. Ill come back scared if we lose both in regulation.

Edited by Zubie#8

That was one of the worst losses I can remember in awhile.   They basically committed suicide on ice.   Of course because it's the East, it won't matter.   Until Boston slaughters them

They had a worse one last year in the first round and bounced back from that.

Just beat the ****ing Panthers tomorrow, please - and then beat the damn Islanders on Monday.  I don't give a **** whether it's Markstrom, Clemmsensen or Theodore in a full body cast.

Why are we jumping on gionta here?? We scored 4 points, we can't ask for much more than that offensively

.. Unless of course we talk about the SO, but you know what I mean

Gionta was on the ice for THREE goals, including the game-tying goal.  Of course so was Volch/Harrold.

Ok they had a bad game tonight against a really good offense. Our defense has been playing great over the last few weeks. Defense is the last ting I am worrying about.

Or course it has.    And that's not a really good offense.   It's Steve Stamkos, the guy they didn't mark all night.

3 points above the Isles with the same amount of games played is a little cushion. You guys overreact wayyyy too much.

Are you really surprised that people are pissed after a game where we blew two 2-goal leads to the freaking Lightning? This is the SOFT part of the schedule. You gotta beat these teams, especially when you go up by two...TWICE. No excuse for this one.

That's not 'that' much of a cushion lol, especially since they play us on Monday.  That's practically a must-win game now.  So is tomorrow for that matter.  All these points given up to **** teams are going to bite us sooner or later if we don't clamp down.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Are you really surprised that people are pissed after a game where we blew two 2-goal leads to the freaking Lightning? This is the SOFT part of the schedule. You gotta beat these teams, especially when you go up by two...TWICE. No excuse for this one.

Well we've heard this song and dance before.  Of course Moose got all the blame the last time we crapped away points against bad teams.  Now this time I suppose Gio's walking the plank, even though Volch had a worse game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That's not 'that' much of a cushion lol, especially since they play us on Monday.  That's practically a must-win game now.

Its like the end of the world on here. Its sickening sometimes. If we won and had a 4 pt cushion then everyone would be all hunky dory. Not a big difference, if the Devils are going to lose then lose in ot/so. Keep getting points, thats all that matters, points.

Or course it has.    And that's not a really good offense.   It's Steve Stamkos, the guy they didn't mark all night.

C'mon, second in the league in scoring. They have a lot of talented forwards. Thompson, Purcell, Conacher. Then you have world class players in Stamkos and St. Louis.

Edited by Zubie#8

Well we've heard this song and dance before.  Of course Moose got all the blame the last time we crapped away points against bad teams.  Now this time I suppose Gio's walking the plank, even though Volch had a worse game.

Volch, Harrold, and Gio were all abysmal. All this being said, I said to a friend yesterday that I'd be happy to get 3 points out of these two Florida games. So if they win tomorrow, I'll feel much better. it's just tough not to get a bit pissed off when they choke away two multi-goal leads to Tampa.

Its like the end of the world on here. Its sickening sometimes. If we won and had a 4 pt cushion then everyone would be all hunky dory. Not a big difference, if the Devils are going to lose then lose in ot/so. Keep getting points, thats all that matters, points.

They were winning by 2 in the 3rd period.   It's a lost point.   It's not a game that was tied by someone early in the second period and went to OT.   That's a point up for grabs.   They sh!t away a point and basically IGNORED the top scorer in the league for the entire game.

Even if they won that 5-3 with the empty netter, I would have been pissed off.    It was awful.

Edited by maxpower

In what reality is 2 points a cushion? Granted the Rangers have been sucking as well, but come on.

3 points, but they have a game in hand, so really its a 1 point cushion. But it's still something, it means the Rangers, and Islanders for that matter, still need "help" to pass us.

They're going to be in. Because there's no challengers... and they manage to get points. Get points while losing other ones.

That's how most of the league does it.

The Devils time of dominating the regular season is over, and people need to accept that. They will have to fight their way in like most other teams do.

Why are we jumping on gionta here?? We scored 4 points, we can't ask for much more than that offensively

.. Unless of course we talk about the SO, but you know what I mean

Oh come on already damnit.  Did you even watch the game!

He was on ice for three goals against and played like garbage.  Deboer matched him up against the Stamkos line again and again and got burned, and Gionta looked awful even when he wasn't.

Thinking that this was a disgusting loss means that?   Man, you can delude yourself but that was a brutal one.   And I'm not one to go off on them anymore, I'm very glass half full.   But that was just lazy, sloppy and dumb.   They have to scratch and claw for goals, you can't be giving them back for free.

That's how most of the league does it.

The Devils time of dominating the regular season is over, and people need to accept that. They will have to fight their way in like most other teams do.

Nobody's expecting a Kovy-less Devils to 'dominate'.  But you need to beat teams you're better than at least SOME of the time.  Especially when their goalie's giving up garbage goal after garbage goal.  The comical part is Garon couldn't stop a baloon most of the game and they deke themselves into oblivion in the shootout. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

Gionta needs to be waived tonight before they get on the bus.  And Volchenkov might honestly need to be amnestied in the offseason.  I loved the guy for the longest time, but he just isn't any good anymore, his skating is so poor.  Lou also needs to have a chat with Deboer.