[Now Dead]Devils, Wild Agree To Deal That Would Send Brodeur To Wild

devilzibook

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/lou_lamoriello_denies_devils_have_deal_in_place_to_trade_martin_brodeur_to_wild.html

“People are out of their minds spreading rumors,” Lamoriello told NJ.com Tuesday. “It’s unbelievable to even hear these types of things.” - LL

But... it IS Lou...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/lou_lamoriello_denies_devils_have_deal_in_place_to_trade_martin_brodeur_to_wild.html

“People are out of their minds spreading rumors,” Lamoriello told NJ.com Tuesday. “It’s unbelievable to even hear these types of things.” - LL

But... it IS Lou...

Also from that same article...

Asked if he's denying the report, Lamoriello responded loudly.

"I'm just not even responding to anything anymore today," he said. "I just think it’s incredible the way rumors start. It’s just a disgrace that there is a license to start rumors.

“It just kills to have people deal with people’s lives like this.”

"I'm just not even responding to anything anymore today," he said. "I just think it’s incredible the way rumors start. It’s just a disgrace that there is a license to start rumors.

The quote is kind of ridiculous because Brodeur doesn't have to be worried. I agree that in general that rumours can mess with athletes and their families, but Brodeur is the driving force behind any deal. He has the NTC. He decides if/where/when he goes...that is to say if Lou will even entertain the idea of trading him.

Edited by devilsrule33

Hence me saying... it IS Lou. because, he does what he does. we shall see where this all goes

The quote is kind of ridiculous because Brodeur doesn't have to be worried. I agree that in general that rumours can mess with athletes and their families, but Brodeur is the driving force behind any deal. He has the NTC. He decides if/where/when he goes...that is to say if Lou will even entertain the idea of trading him.

Brodeur doesn't have to be worried, but there are other people involved who I'm sure aren't fully up to date about the status of Brodeur's no-trade clause.

And with that folks, the season is over.  Because this media zoo that has become NJ will ultimately cause the place to implode.  Us trading Brodeur for anything short of Jason Pomminville or Mikael Granlund would be a bust because you don't trade the best goalie of all time for "future considerations"...I don't care if the guy is on crutches or in a wheelchair, he stays because he is the best you ever had!

Edited by Mitico12

Lou Lamoriello doesn't respond to rumors, but did say he'd "never" have a player play in a game if a deal to trade him was already agreed on

personally dont think hell go to the wild.

This to me was a given. This might be a Deboer move for nostalgic purposes with no internal pressure, or because Deboer is crazy and has no realization that Brodeur is one of the 3 worst goalie in the NHL this season.

Edited by devilsrule33

fvck your title, OP. Add the word "Report" and your source. How hard is it to learn these board guidelines?

There should be a rule that any non-confirmed reports stay in the trade deadline thread until a valid source reports it. That way we don't get inexperienced posters who just want to break news and so they post their link prematurely. That would solve all the problems we have had with this over the years.