I served food to Ken Daneyko!

themiddle91489

I work at the Friday's in Roxbury. Friday night, 6 PM, starting to get busy. There's a swarm of people around the kitchen pulling orders, so the first one I see I pull and bring it out to a table.

As I was walking, I realize I've seen the guy at the table before. I get a little closer, and he has an NHL hat on (with a little french saying on the side).

It's KEN DANEYKO

I stop at the table, and kind of just stare in awe for a few seconds. I give his wife her salad, and I give him the ribs/shrimp combo he ordered. I didn't say anything, because I've met him a couple times and taken a picture or two, and on a busy night in a restaurant, I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be noticed. I sort of regret that, but I would've regretted starting a huge chain of autograph seekers more.

I thought it was a really cool experience

I work at the Friday's in Roxbury. Friday night, 6 PM, starting to get busy. There's a swarm of people around the kitchen pulling orders, so the first one I see I pull and bring it out to a table.

As I was walking, I realize I've seen the guy at the table before. I get a little closer, and he has an NHL hat on (with a little french saying on the side).

It's KEN DANEYKO

I stop at the table, and kind of just stare in awe for a few seconds. I give his wife her salad, and I give him the ribs/shrimp combo he ordered. I didn't say anything, because I've met him a couple times and taken a picture or two, and on a busy night in a restaurant, I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be noticed. I sort of regret that, but I would've regretted starting a huge chain of autograph seekers more.

did he leave a good tip? :P:lol:

that's awesome. i have been to that friday's more than a few times. didn't think he came this far out in jersey. doesn't he live near caldwell or something?

I see Dano out in Morristown a lot. I got to chat with him once and he mentioned he lives in the Mendham/Chester area, so I guess he moved.

It's KEN DANEYKO

Pretty cool. I just ate at that Fridays a couple of weeks ago. Good place.