594 replies to this topic

#281 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

The really need to know when to lose a game. Like the should've lost against Buffalo. They should have done everything in their power to make sure they didn't face Philly in the first round. Hey losing can lead to winning, just look at Pitt. Maybe they learned their lesson.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#282 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,476 posts

It's fun at the end of every season watch your worst fears come to life before your eyes.

and this I agree with but not so much fears as strong suspicions confirmed -- only time they could be is the thing of it all.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 April 2010 - 08:48 PM.

I'm here for the party

#283 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

We really should've let the Sabres win. What the fvck were we doing. Boston was a much better matchup.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#284 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

I still see this going 7 games. We are gonna come out firing in game 5 and than steal a win in philly in game 6. Game 7, who knows. Call me crazy or delusional but I'm not jumping off the ledge yet.

sh!t I think we'll win tonight.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#285 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

anyone have an online link to watch the rest of this game? My dumb slingbox just stopped working as if seeing that 2nd period wasn't enough bad news!

#286 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Embarrassing!!!

#287 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

I still see this going 7 games. We are gonna come out firing in game 5 and than steal a win in philly in game 6. Game 7, who knows. Call me crazy or delusional but I'm not jumping off the ledge yet.

Ur crazy the devils will be lucky to see game 6. It's over.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#288 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

These guys just have 0 speed in this series. That was the one thing they could have used to beat the Flyers, and everyone except Zubs, Parise and Green are slew footed.

#289 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

this team is a complete embarrassment.

But the problem is Lamoriello too. He refuses to accept that it's no longer 1995 and will not get quality players on defense. Instead, he'll stick dogsh*t in front of Brodeur like Mottau and White and convince himself that they are just as good as Stevens and Daneyko.

I only hope that Vanderbeek has the balls to insist something has to change with this team overall. Jacques Lemaire must be fired. That's the first step.

#290 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,476 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

You have to say its coaching and leadership........we have neither.

Amazingly profoundly STUPID. Keep writing genius... :doh1:

I'm here for the party

#291 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

Brodeur is 3-11 his last 14 playoff games against the Flyers and Rangers.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#292 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

The Devils aare gonna win.

You should really share whatever makes you think that, be it inside information or hallucinogenics.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#293 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

The Rock is going to be a morgue for game 5.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#294 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

I'm jumping on this bandwagon. I don't care if you guys call me a kool-aid drinker, whether you question my hockey knowledge, whatever. I'm gonna watch every damn second of every game this team has left. They can still win this series.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#295 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Again, the Flyers were the worst possible opponent for us to face in the first round, and this team knew it. But hey, let's be professionals and not throw a game so that we can get Boston, right? Lots of good being "professional" did for us. Sorry, but I'd much rather throw a game and admit that I'd rather avoid facing a team that where the odds are stacked against us.

#296 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Boucher's wins by year:

2006: 4
2007: 2
2008: 3
2009: 12
2010: 9
Total: 30

Brodeur's wins by year:

2006: 43
2007: 48
2008: 44
2009: 19
2010: 45
Total: 199

FAIL

#297 dejaentendu2101

dejaentendu2101

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

sh!t I think we'll win tonight.

Why do you think that? We're getting outplayed in every aspect of the game.

#298 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

The Devils will lose in 5 with 10,000 Flyer fans at the Pru Center

#299 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

This team, like so many Devil teams, is built to win. In the regular season. The guys give the same effort all year and in the playoffs; unfortunately, some teams can turn up the intensity when the bell rings. The last couple of seasons we haven't been one of those teams and I don't see a single player on this roster that can light a fire under the other players on the team. Lou loves consistency and he's getting it; Division championship banners followed by early exits. There is no reason to believe any of that will change anytime soon; Lou believes this is the type of team that wins and who am I to doubt him, I just don't see it. And as I'm not eh GM be prepared for more and more of the same.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#300 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Brodeur is 3-11 his last 14 playoff games against the Flyers and Rangers.

Yet another reason they should've lost to Buffalo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users