GDT: ECF Game 3 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils

Zubie#8

LOL, I don't know what to say about that. That has to be the worst game the Rangers have played all playoffs and they still freaking win it. And they really haven't set a high bar as quality of play goes. 2 days off and they get run all over the rink. Still win anyway.

Luckily I work nights and slept through it. If that was the first game you kinda laugh it off, but goddamn it if they limp to the line here and end up getting destroyed by LA.

Edited by maxpower

LOL, I don't know what to say about that. That has to be the worst game the Rangers have played all playoffs and they still freaking win it. And they really haven't set a high bar as quality of play goes. 2 days off and they get run all over the rink. Still win anyway.

Luckily I work nights and slept through it. If that was the first game you kinda laugh it off, but goddamn it if they limp to the line here and end up getting destroyed by LA.

This. I'm pretty confident the LA will clobber the Rangers come the SCF.

And for some of us on the conspiratorial side, the powers that be only want an LA/NY series. I don't think they care who wins.

Thats all they had to do. They also beat Marty twice in the 3rd. We've had plenty of games in our past where Marty has won the game for us on his own.

It's been along time ago before 2005 when he won a game for us in the playoffs. He is showing flashes but he has a .917 Save % with a 2.0 GAA in this series to-date. He hasn't been that great throughout the three rounds. He hasn't won a game yet but the offense hasn't scored in this round. Since 2005 he has been .906 in playoffs games and in this series he is heading to that number. Can't advance with a .906. Retire Marty while surprising some.

That's why they call me "Broken Record". I don't swallow the kool aid re: Marty

This. I'm pretty confident the LA will clobber the Rangers come the SCF.

And for some of us on the conspiratorial side, the powers that be only want an LA/NY series. I don't think they care who wins.

Some people have been saying this for months vis-a-vis the Rangers. Yes, the Kings have a better team strange to say - given they're an #8 seed and the Rangers are a #1 seed, but the Kings are a good team masquerading as a Cinderella and the Rangers are a Cinderella masquerading as a good team. Doesn't mean the Kings are going to win though, especially since LA hasn't faced any real adversity in the playoffs and the Rangers have.

Can't believe you guys call yourselves fans, post on a Devils forum, and are talking about a Rangers/Kings SCF when we are only down 2-1 and have been the better team so far this series. I know none of you predicted Devils in 4 or 5 so stop acting like little b*tches and think positively for game 4. This is a resilient team and they have come back from 2-1 already this year.

• Like 1

I have said Devils in 6. If the Devils win the next game, they will take this series. Need to get that aggressive forecheck going and getting back to playing each game consistently like they did against the Flyers. Its seems like this layover did take them off their game. Hope they can get back to playing with the same emotion that brought them success.

Can't believe you guys call yourselves fans, post on a Devils forum, and are talking about a Rangers/Kings SCF when we are only down 2-1 and have been the better team so far this series. I know none of you predicted Devils in 4 or 5 so stop acting like little b*tches and think positively for game 4. This is a resilient team and they have come back from 2-1 already this year.

Yeah I agree.. We have shown we are the better team, so there is no reason to assume we will lose this series.. Our mantra has been "Stick to the game plan" and it's shown it can beat them.. Just have to get the puck in the damn net

Yeah I agree.. We have shown we are the better team, so there is no reason to assume we will lose this series.. Our mantra has been "Stick to the game plan" and it's shown it can beat them.. Just have to get the puck in the damn net

If Kovy had lifted the puck on the breakaway and gotten it in we would have won this game. For some reason the Devils came out a little slow in the 3rd which ended up costing them. Expect to see the Devils at their absolute best on Monday facing the adversity and with the home crowd urging them on. Everyone stay positive and Let's Go Devils!

Edited by Meals on Wheels

If Kovy had lifted the puck on the breakaway and gotten it in we would have won this game. For some reason the Devils came out a little slow in the 3rd which ended up costing them. Expect to see the Devils at their absolute best on Monday facing the adversity and with the home crowd urging them on. Everyone stay positive and Let's Go Devils!

I hate to say this but the Ranger fans will own the Arena Monday night. Maybe 60-40. It's their game to lose.

Where the hell are you getting those numbers from? You really think all the devils fans are gonna sell their tickets cause we are down 2-1? Makes no sense.

Well, you see, it's because Get Real's actually Melanie Brodeur.

Don't know if it's been mentioned because I haven't read through the whole thread, but Parise left without speaking to the media today. Very out of character for him. I guess he was really pissed (and who can blame him, because its a crime the Devils lost this game) and didn't wanna deal with all the stupid "hey Zach, any comment on what your dad had to say" garbage.

It's been along time ago before 2005 when he won a game for us in the playoffs. He is showing flashes but he has a .917 Save % with a 2.0 GAA in this series to-date. He hasn't been that great throughout the three rounds. He hasn't won a game yet but the offense hasn't scored in this round. Since 2005 he has been .906 in playoffs games and in this series he is heading to that number. Can't advance with a .906. Retire Marty while surprising some.

This is irrelevant to why I brought Marty up in the first place. What Marty did in the past is what Lundqvist was able to do today. I know Marty is not the Marty of old other than in flashes. I want to win the Cup and see Marty retire a champion.

Agreed. The Chicken Little fans are fvcking disgusting.

Also, I'd like to point out that the only thing gayer than the Rags goal song... Is a Rags fan blasting the goal song in his car. Which is exactly what one douchebag was doing in the garage where I parked. I wanted to brick his windshield.

I hate to say this but the Ranger fans will own the Arena Monday night. Maybe 60-40. It's their game to lose.

What are you talking aout? If anything, this Saturday afternoon game is more favorable for visiting fans to make. And it was still, according to those there still 85-15 devs fans.

I think DeBoer needs to split the 1st line again - Zubrus and Elias were basically non-existant. Sykora had flashes but was basically invisible too.

The 3rd and 4th lines did a lot to get momentum going, just a shame they didn't get any in net either.

There really needs to be a shake up of lines - or maybe that was the game that has DeBoer thinking about Tallinder/Josefson...

I really hope we come out and win the next 2 games. I too said Devils in 6, but to win 3 in a row at this stage? I do hope it gets to 7 and the Devils take it.

Today sucked but I am seriously not ready to do the whole "we're done" thing. Not because I am some pretend-to-be Mr. Positive fan but for me its just like fvck THIS sh!t: we are not gonna lose to the Rangers. I have full faith that the Devils will win the next game - it's not that I have some positive outlook on life, it's just my completely Devils kool-aided brain refuses to allow any other possibility into consideration.

fvck the Rangers. Seriously. They still suck.

Today sucked but I am seriously not ready to do the whole "we're done" thing. Not because I am some pretend-to-be Mr. Positive fan but for me its just like fvck THIS sh!t: we are not gonna lose to the Rangers. I have full faith that the Devils will win the next game - it's not that I have some positive outlook on life, it's just my completely Devils kool-aided brain refuses to allow any other possibility into consideration.

fvck the Rangers. Seriously. They still suck.

They do suck... Yet.... Everything just go their way... It almost seems magical, its ridiculous