Mayor Cory Booker: Devils owner let Newark down

Rock

Corky is pandering to the lowest common denominator and he knows that they will cling to the 5 second soundbites which will make him more popular in his run for re-election and/or a possible matchup vs. Christie for the governor's seat. A large majority of Booker's constituents have no clue about the facts (as evidenced by the guy in the video talking about how Sharpe James would have made a better deal even after being told that James made the original deal). They are the same morons that keep protesting outside the Essex County Courthouse on good weather days asking motorists to honk for jobs by arguing that the US Government needs to implement a state run and funded jobs program. When you tell these idiots that they are advocating for communism, their only response is, "Huh? I aint no communist! Honk for jobs!"

sharp james woulda made a better deal.

sharp james DID make that deal.

well i don't know if he did or didn't make that deal, but sharp james woulda made a better deal.

it is so clear that booker was grandstanding for his electorate. what's sad is that he is a good speaker and, while certainly left of center on the political spectrum, he has a powerful personality.

Welcome to Newark, when I said that the people Booker is forced to stand up for are like the school board from Lean on Me, I wasn't kidding. James was in jail. He should have gone to jail for this too, he pretty much defrauded the city on the deal. And then Cracky McGee will claim he would have done a better job.

What a bunch of idiots. It shows how uninformed those people of Newark that they interviewed are. Same goes for that lady with the bullhorn. Unbelievable. Can't wait to see if this becomes a routine thing. Occupy Pru Center? Gimmie a fvcking break.

Indeed. Let's go Nets? I'll admit I don't follow the NBA, but don't they play at the Rock, at least for now? How does trying to keep people out of the Nets' arena help the Nets? :dizzy:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/newark_mayor_cory_booker_taken.html

Newark Mayor Cory Booker was taken to a hospital tonight after a fire broke out in his neighborhood and he went inside to rescue one of the occupants, according to city officials.

Booker, who was taken by emergency medical workers to University Hospital in Newark, later told The Star-Ledger he suffered second-degree burns on his hand.

The woman inside the house was taken to Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston with burns to her back and neck and was in stable condition tonight, said Newark Fire Director Fateen Ziyad.

Good for him, its refreshing to hear these type of stories in the news.

Edit: Imagine it was fake and just a ploy for him to win the peoples vote :o Lol

Apparently JVB was at the scene too, but was busy twirling his mustache, adjusting his monocle and stealing money from orphans when the building was burning.

• Like 2

Hero gets bashed by NJ Devils owner in press today. Bad timing Jeff! He needs a better PR rep. Just kidding, I know he couldnt have predicted the events of the night after his presser. I was reading the article and the Devils have an on paper shortfall of a couple hundred grand to the "community training" maybe they should just gift the judgement award and call it all even?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/nj_devils_owner_says_booker_br.html

Hero gets bashed by NJ Devils owner in press today. Bad timing Jeff! He needs a better PR rep. Just kidding, I know he couldnt have predicted the events of the night after his presser. I was reading the article and the Devils have an on paper shortfall of a couple hundred grand to the "community training" maybe they should just gift the judgement award and call it all even?

http://www.nj.com/ne..._booker_br.html

i don't think JVB is in any position to gift anything - that's part of this, I'm sure.

I know he is trying to throw our team owner under the bus, but I just find it so hard to dislike this guy. He's doing great things for Newark, he chased down a mugger by foot, and now he saves a woman from a fire after a day at work. He's like a superhero :P

how convenient...reminds me of that story of putin going scuba diving while the cameras were rolling, and magically finding some greek vases underwater!

I know he is trying to throw our team owner under the bus, but I just find it so hard to dislike this guy. He's doing great things for Newark, he chased down a mugger by foot, and now he saves a woman from a fire after a day at work. He's like a superhero :P

I loved booker. His jvb rant was so uncharacteristic.

Edit: Give the man some Springsteen tix

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/nj_devils_owner_says_booker_br.html

:doh1:

Edited by devlman