The Yankees Thread

TrentonDevils

As a lazy Red Sox fan what is their record Aug. (just to prove my point that they suck at the end of the season). I watched too many season in the last few years with the Sox starting off so great and not so good at teh end that I find it odd that a "red sox" fan can say the Yankees choke at the end of the season.

There have been a couple times in recent memory where the Sox really rolled over and let the Yankees take it. But to say the Yanks are the ones that choke in August is just crazy idiot talk. :doh1:

This years race should come down to the wire, should be very exciting. And Football will be on, and then Hockey! I love the fall.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a couple times in recent memory where the Sox really rolled over and let the Yankees take it. But to say the Yanks are the ones that choke in August is just crazy idiot talk. :doh1:

This years race should come down to the wire, should be very exciting. And Football will be on, and then Hockey! I love the fall.

What as recent as last year? Oh that 5 game sweep at home was painful. :argh:

What as recent as last year? Oh that 5 game sweep at home was painful. :argh:

Whew, man that was nice for us....That NEVER happens....But you know what, we went up and lost 3 to you guys this year, so it really was payback. Then lost 2 of three at the stadium

There is nothing in sports, (save Devils Playoffs) that gets me as pumped as Yankees/Sawx

Whew, man that was nice for us....That NEVER happens....But you know what, we went up and lost 3 to you guys this year, so it really was payback. Then lost 2 of three at the stadium

There is nothing in sports, (save Devils Playoffs) that gets me as pumped as Yankees/Sawx

Well I guess you will have to practice your smack talk for the 28th.

And Eric "Canadian for Kyle Farnsworth" Gagne strikes again! Gives up a tying HR to Tejada and the Orioles come back to beat Boston in 10 innings.

Meanwhile in Cleveland....Andy Pettitte was brilliant, the Juice continues to be loose, and Rivera gets a Wetteland-esque save as the Yankees sweep the Indians 5-3.

So the Yankees cut Boston's AL East lead to 4. The lowest it has been since April.

And while this doesn't mean anything, who has the best record in New York? (hint: it ain't the Mets).

Let the hating commence.... :blahblah:

The Yankees are back and out for blood. :dance:

A huge sweep for the Yanks. This is the perfect way to start the trip through the upcoming gauntlet.

Baltimore

Detroit

and our arch nemesis Anaheim.

Let's Go Yankees! :hail:

And Eric "Canadian for Kyle Farnsworth" Gagne strikes again! Gives up a tying HR to Tejada and the Orioles come back to beat Boston in 10 innings.

Meanwhile in Cleveland....Andy Pettitte was brilliant, the Juice continues to be loose, and Rivera gets a Wetteland-esque save as the Yankees sweep the Indians 5-3.

So the Yankees cut Boston's AL East lead to 4. The lowest it has been since April.

And while this doesn't mean anything, who has the best record in New York? (hint: it ain't the Mets).

Edited by South Jersey Devs Fan

4 Games back! If they can keep this up, they are going to get into the head of the sawx. I can see it happening already. Were gonna go crush Baltimore and then a couple tough series, where we can hopefully win 4-6 or something. Then Boston at the Stadium coming up

Red%20sox%20yankees%20rivalry.jpg

Man I need to stop here more often during the summer, I had no idea there was a Yankees thread!

I'll be at the game tomorrow (8/14) with a bunch of friends.

I think the best time I ever had at a Yanks game was last summer when Melky ROBBED Manny Ramirez of the HR, Yanks held on to win the game. Awesome.

Man I need to stop here more often during the summer, I had no idea there was a Yankees thread!

I'll be at the game tomorrow (8/14) with a bunch of friends.

I think the best time I ever had at a Yanks game was last summer when Melky ROBBED Manny Ramirez of the HR, Yanks held on to win the game. Awesome.

Melky just might be the most underrated performer on this team. At one time, he was hovering around the Mendoza line. Then he became the everyday CF and it made all the difference. He's hitting, playing great D as evidenced last night and stealing bases.

This kid is turning into a player.