Upcoming Autograph Signings

Quinn01

I didn't see it as bitching and moaning.  I saw it as an honest assessment of the turnout.  Also, DevsMan never blamed anyone for the price.  He just said that it was too high in this circumstance.  Finally, parts of your argument don't hold up, ThreeCups.  Jagr is a Hall of Famer, no doubt.  He is also someone who a lot of Devils fans will never truly come to love because of the history that he has against this team.  Price, on the other hand, is not "a relative nobody".  He is a WJC champion/MVP, the presumptive starter for the Candian team in Sochi, and the face of the Habs.  In his market, like it or not, his value is sky high.  I don't see the same market for Jagr in NJ at this point.  Your point about Brodeur's price is correct though.  I have not seen him below $89 in a long time.

It is crying from people who do not want to pay the price.  Don't complain, just don't go.  Nobody cares.  The way most of the people are making comments, reads to me as if they are criticizing the business hosting the signing.  Regardless of how some fans feel about him, he is a legend and has had one of the most illustrious careers in the history of the sport. 

Price IS a relative nobody.  WJC champion?!?!?  WOW!!  :giggle:  There are thousands of WJC "Champions"; many of which work a regular 9-5 like me at this point in their lives. 

That means his autograph fee should be the same as Jaromir Jagr?!?!?  Jaromir's signed items are certainly "worth" a helluva lot more than Price. 

2X Stanley Cup Champion, 5x Art Ross Trophy winner as the NHL's scoring champion, Hart Trophy winner for league MVP in 1999, Olympic gold in 98, Bronze in 06, 12x All Star, 8th (and climbing) all time leading goal scorer in NHL history, most GWG's in NHL history, etc etc

They are not even in the same stratoshphere in terms of place in hockey history.E

EDIT:  Let me know which parts of my "argument" don't hold up.

Edited by ThreeCups

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is crying from people who do not want to pay the price.  Don't complain, just don't go.  Nobody cares.  The way most of the people are making comments, reads to me as if they are criticizing the business hosting the signing.  Regardless of how some fans feel about him, he is a legend and has had one of the most illustrious careers in the history of the sport. 

Price IS a relative nobody.  WJC champion?!?!?  WOW!!  :giggle:  There are thousands of WJC "Champions"; many of which work a regular 9-5 like me at this point in their lives. 

That means his autograph fee should be the same as Jaromir Jagr?!?!?  Jaromir's signed items are certainly "worth" a helluva lot more than Price. 

2X Stanley Cup Champion, 5x Art Ross Trophy winner as the NHL's scoring champion, Hart Trophy winner for league MVP in 1999, Olympic gold in 98, Bronze in 06, 12x All Star, 8th (and climbing) all time leading goal scorer in NHL history, most GWG's in NHL history, etc etc

They are not even in the same stratoshphere in terms of place in hockey history.E

Where did I bitch and moan about Brian and his pricing?  Of course he is forced into these prices by what the athletes are demanding.  I never said anything else.  Just by looking at the potential "buzz" on Facebook, Brian can be facing a potential disaster because of the price of the signing.

Also $99 for an autograph is subjective.  I really do not care much for autographs, so for me it is a lot and for a lot of people it will be too judging by what I am seeing on FB.  I'll just be waiting outside the Rock before or after a game one day this season and get it for free.

Brodeur did the Charity event in October where he signed for $50-60.  There is one example.

I didn't see it as bitching and moaning.  I saw it as an honest assessment of the turnout.  Also, DevsMan never blamed anyone for the price.  He just said that it was too high in this circumstance.  Finally, parts of your argument don't hold up, ThreeCups.  Jagr is a Hall of Famer, no doubt.  He is also someone who a lot of Devils fans will never truly come to love because of the history that he has against this team.  Price, on the other hand, is not "a relative nobody".  He is a WJC champion/MVP, the presumptive starter for the Candian team in Sochi, and the face of the Habs.  In his market, like it or not, his value is sky high.  I don't see the same market for Jagr in NJ at this point.  Your point about Brodeur's price is correct though.  I have not seen him below $89 in a long time.

Thats the thing, the market dictates everything.  If Price played his whole career in Columbus but had the same stats, he would be lucky to get over $30 per autograph.

You clearly have an axe to grind so agree to disagree I guess.

I do see what he is talking about where people are bitching at Sports Minded on FB about the price.  That is not fair to Sports Minded as it is on the athlete as to what he is demanding for his appearance.

Sports Minded will probably take a bath initially, but they might recouperate it by selling off those left over signatures over the next few years.

Where did I bitch and moan about Brian and his pricing?  Of course he is forced into these prices by what the athletes are demanding.  I never said anything else.  Just by looking at the potential "buzz" on Facebook, Brian can be facing a potential disaster because of the price of the signing.

Also $99 for an autograph is subjective.  I really do not care much for autographs, so for me it is a lot and for a lot of people it will be too judging by what I am seeing on FB.  I'll just be waiting outside the Rock before or after a game one day this season and get it for free.

Brodeur did the Charity event in October where he signed for $50-60.  There is one example.

I didn't necessarily mean *you* in my post.  It was directed more towards the sour grapes Facebook crowd.

I may try to get Jagr for free also outside of the area, but there is no guarantee he will stop.  If he does, the signature one would receive outside of the arena will be nothing like the one he will be giving at a sit down paid signing.  If you do not care about the quality of the signature, this is an excellent option.

I have some larger items I would like him on, and would like his nice signature in a sit down, controlled environment.  One of my hobbies is collecting Devils memorabilia, so the cost is well worth it to me.

Lastly, the Brodeur appearance in October was *NOT* a signing, and was not promoted as such.  Marty obviously did sign autographs there, but I was not positive he would.  It was not guaranteed whatsoever.  Had I known he was going to be that accommodating with signing, I would have went in a heartbeat.

I have no dog in the fight, it is just disheartening when I see the vultures on Facebook ridiculing a small business for trying to put together a nice event for the fans. 

I do see what he is talking about where people are bitching at Sports Minded on FB about the price.  That is not fair to Sports Minded as it is on the athlete as to what he is demanding for his appearance.

Sports Minded will probably take a bath initially, but they might recouperate it by selling off those left over signatures over the next few years.

*THIS* is what I was originally talking about....

I hope for the store owner's sake he gets a decent turnout.  Keep in mind some Rangers and Flyers fans may make the trip as well...

• 3 weeks later...

Dec 29 at Sports Minded Unlimited from 2-4

Dec 29 at Sports Minded Unlimited from 2-4

Perfect!  My GF got me an 8x10 of "the goal" and was kicking herself she didnt get the autographed one so I told her I'd keep my eyes peeled for any Henrique signings.  This works out well.

Although she wont be pleased shes missing it as Henrique is her favorite Devil. Too bad shes working.  I'll be sure to get a photo of me and him for her  :thumbsup:

Edit: I just looked at SMU's site and a past Henrique signing and saw huge line out the door.  What time should I get there to be one of the first people in line and not halfway into the parking lot?

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

I went to the Henrique signing at Sports Minded on Sunday and I never expected so many people!  I arrived around 1:30 and there must have already been 200 people in line.  When I got my ticket it said #367. The line wrapped around the building and even up a set of stairs and back down to snake the people a little bit inside during the rain.  Once Henrique sat down (about 15 minutes early) and got to signing the line moved pretty quick and I was out of there around 3:15.  Seemed like a cool dude. Little shy but can't blame him. His support crew was also relaxed and had a good attitude. Joking and such.  I think the $20 price and his overall popularity contributed to the huge crowd.

This was my first signing session since I was a little kid and my first Devils signing so I didn't really know what to expect.  I think next time I'll get there at least an hour early. :doh1:

If anyone wants to see former Devils Neal Broten and Jack O' Callahan, check this event out

Tickets on sale now for Mab Celebrity-Services 1980 USA Hockey reunion on Saturday, January 11, 2014 at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights Meadowlands. Come meet USA Olympic heroes Mike Eruzione, Steve Janazak, Craig Patrick, Phil Verchota, Ken Morrow, Buzz Schneider, Bob Suter, Dave Christian, Mark Wells, Jim Craig, Rob McClanahan, Eric Strobel, Dave Silk, Neal Broten, Bill Baker, Jack O'Callahan and Mike Ramsey. *Please Note* Jim Craig & Mike Eruzione to appear on Sunday, January 12. Free admission on Sunday if you purchased a Super Ticket for the 1980 USA Hockey team. Advanced ticket orders can be placed for this event until Thursday, January 9, 2014 @ 2pm.
650 Terrace Ave. 
Hasbrouck Heights, 
NJ 07604 

Additional details here: http://mab-celebrity.com/that-80s-show

Edited by grcenter47

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Henrique is going to be at Bob's Sports Cards and Memoribilia in Howell on 02/01 from 3:00-4:30pm.

"To help celebrate two key games on the 2014 NHL Stadium Series schedule, Panini America is bringing New Jersey Devils star Adam Henrique to Bob’s Sports Cards and Memorabilia in Howell, N.J., for a special appearance and free autograph session the day before Super Bowl XLVIII."

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/panini-america-honors-nhl-stadium-series-with-adam-henrique-store-appearance/#more-70901

Exactly my thoughts. After the Sports Minded signing recently I realized this guy can draw.  Can;t imagine what the "free" adds on to it.

Thing is, you can get a smaller line of about 45 minutes if you pay $20-35 dollars at Sports Minded who seem to have him there every 6 months now.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grant Marshall will be signing autographs on 8/27/14 at the Somerset Patriots game from 7-8PM.  Patriots play at TD Bank Ballpark in Bridgewater, NJ.  According to the ad it looks like there will be ticket and other giveaways as well.

http://www.somersetpatriots.com/event/details/221/somerset-patriots-vs-long-island-ducks

Edited by DevsMan84

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.