Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/12/is_paul_maclean_the_new_devils_coach.html

@TGfireandice  42s43 seconds ago

Paul MacLean told @JoshRimerHockey he is not going to be the Devils' next head coach.

@TGfireandice  1m1 minute ago
Lou Lamoriello to address the media at 10:30 a.m in media room at Pru Center. Team scheduled to skate at the same time.

Oates will coach forwards. Stevens D. Lou is behind the bench too to hold everyone's hands.

Edited by ghdi

They're all picking up on a story that cites "speculation" as a reason for posting it.

fvcking hell I cannot stand Rich Chere.

Of course it'll be announced tomorrow because it makes sense and Chere won't have to be accountable for his clickbaity bullsh!t, but still...this kind of crap really annoys me.

The Devils could hire Jesus Christ to coach this team and people on thus board would still be upset, so it's irrelevant.

Despite JC's excellent credentials as a hockey player. Marty was the best goalie of all time, but it's a little known fact that Jesus was #2.

You know, because Jesus Saves...

http://www.activateapparel.com/design/34350-jesus-saves-hockey-edition?gclid=CPrz4qii5cICFY_m7Aod9xsA1g

Well if Lou's last ditch move to save his own hide is hiring MacLean who turns out to be DeBoer turned up to 11 re: personnel decisions, then it's likely that this will backfire and lead to his "retirement" I would assume. Might set back any true rebuilding another year or two, which is frustrating, but I guess that's just Lou's shrewdness evolving into stubbornness 

More boring ass defensive system hockey. Great. Hopefully the owner veto this hire and try to force Lou to ice an exciting team.

Not sure what makes you say that? The Senators under Maclean were one of the highest high-event hockey teams in the NHL. Deboer's were usually the lowest by a large margin.

If this team wants to play more uptempo, they will get killed. Boring hockey is the best recipe for this roster.

Edited by devilsrule33

Not sure what makes you say that? The Senators under Maclean were one of the highest high-event hockey teams in the NHL. Deboer's were usually the lowest by a large margin.

If this team wants to play more uptempo, they will get killed. Boring hockey is the best recipe for this roster.

Can't get much more boring than blowing third period leads every night

MacLean also favors veterans. He had a soft spot for Chris Neil and Chris Phillips in Ottawa.

I don't see any coach having much success but it's the only Hail Mary bullet Lou has in his arsenal of moves before ripping at the roster to reconstruct again this offseason and next.

Good chance whoever takes this job doesn't hold onto it very long which makes me question who or whether they would take it.

But we aren't going to have this roster for too much longer. Maybe when the old guys go and some youth comes in things will be different. The sens were pretty young under him. He had some pretty good talent. I just remember reading that he stopped caring after he won the jack Adams in 2013.

MacLean also favors veterans. He had a soft spot for Chris Neil and Chris Phillips in Ottawa.

I don't see any coach having much success but it's the only Hail Mary bullet Lou has in his arsenal of moves before ripping at the roster to reconstruct again this offseason and next.

Good chance whoever takes this job doesn't hold onto it very long which makes me question who or whether they would take it.

Like I said earlier, Chris Phillips went from playing career minutes this year on the top pairing to being scratched once Maclean was fired. That takes favouring vets to a whole new level that the interim coach (that was on Ottawa's bench for Maclean's entire tenure) could come to such a drastic different conclusion.

PS: Chris Phillips playing a 1-on-1 in Maclean's last game.

B4S3cDZCYAAnJ2T.png