What are you listenning to?

anthony

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the separate grill. My friend Vinnie (short for Mavinder) comes from India and by religion is not allowed eating meat. Now he *demands* that his veggieburgers be on a separate grill. I, on the other hand begin athiest, have no absolutes.... It's sorta like one of my Muslim friends who drives 20 minutes across town to find non-alcoholic mouthwash. I don't drink, but come on, you swish it around, gargle and spit almost all of it back out.

Paul Simon's "Negotiations and Love Songs" album, Kodachrome in particular.

What religion? Hinduism? Sikhism? In general they have no restriction on eating meat. That is a personal choice. If I'm not mistaken, Mavinder is a Punjabi/Sikh name (is his last name Singh?) and meat is typically a staple for them. Chicken tandoori/tikka/etc. is north Indian/Punjabi in origin.

That's why I use Thunderbird instead. :D

Damn geek! :P

Smooth Up In Ya - Bullet Boys

I too have Indian friends who are also fairly strict veggies.......it is fairly common in India to be vegetarian, and I think it is to do with Hinduism, though my friends are also atheists, they were just raised as vegetarians, and continue by choice.

I don't mind the separate grill too much...I did used to eat meat afterall, but my bf who has never eaten meat doesn't like it at all....just generally try not to think about it, otherwise you'd never be able to eat anywhere.

EDIT: Oh I forgot.....Jennifer's Cold - Buck-O-Nine.

Edited by ThreeStars

What religion? Hinduism? Sikhism? In general they have no restriction on eating meat. That is a personal choice. If I'm not mistaken, Mavinder is a Punjabi/Sikh name (is his last name Singh?) and meat is typically a staple for them. Chicken tandoori/tikka/etc. is north Indian/Punjabi in origin.

From Wikipedia:

The majority of the world's vegetarians, according to the Society of Ethical and Religious Vegetarians, follow the practice for religious reasons. Many religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, the Bah

From Wikipedia:

Yes, my friend's last name *is* Singh. And as I mentioned, he is very, very strict about his vegetarianism. Yes, there is debate whithin Hinduism and Sikhism as to whether they need to be vegetarian but I find those CHOOSE to be vegetarian on religious grounds tend to be more strict than those that do it out secular moral beliefs or health reasons.

I'm aware of vegetarianism due to religion but I think that is just a reason. My entire family is Hindu and most of them eat meat. They do avoid beef but some even eat that. Those that are vegetarians (in my family) are so by choice not because religion restricts them to be. Some of the reasons behind vegetarianism are outdated such as the ability to properly store and cook meat. Besides, how can you choose to be a vegetarian on religious grounds? Hasn't religion made the choice for you?

Dio - Sunset Superman

I'm listening to the Undead - i think the song is No Vices.

its a riot

Canucks/Ducks game on team1040...yet again...in ot

Listening to Team1040..Canucks/Oilers preseason...AGAIN

Love that song sammy!

I'm listening to Kraft Music Hall featuring the Paul Whiteman Orchestra...

on The History Capsule internet radio. :evil: History Capsule plays all of these old radio shows and "music of the early 1900s" ... but it's not really that old - it's 30s-40s currently.

This rules. When I was doing all my housework last week I was wishing we had radio programs and stuff. My daughter is going to be weird I fear. She'll have a good appreciation of history... but since that's what I've got will she be TOTALLY antiquated? :unsure:

I'm practicing for old age as zefrank put it :( But it makes me so happy!!