clowe

2ELIAS6

guy is still missing from mid october with what was thought to be another concussion.. any thoughts on whats going on with this guy? or whats going to happen with him here? He was suppose to be a top six forward and a replacement so to say for david clarkson, but to have him on such a long contract with the likeliness of him constantly not playing from having all of these injury issues is going to hurt the team when we need someone in that top 6 spot that hes suppose to be playing in.. and i would have to think with him missing is adding to our struggles right now. thoughts?

We should have never signed him.

i agree, but even if its not so much because in the few games that he has played he hasnt done anything but more so because of what a liability he is with the whole health issue.. what good is a guy that never plays and at that hes suppose to have a top role..

I didn't like the signing, and I'm as afraid as anyone that he's gonna spend more time injured than healthy, but let's wait to judge him as a player until we see him healthy.

not nearly as bad as clowe... i honestly dont know how this guy is going to end up working out hes missing a ton of time over a concussion..

Agreed. If I'm in management, I think I'd be leaning on the buyout path if this doesn't work. I'll give him this year and next year before we decide on anything though

Well the term and money is terrible.

Oh I agree 100%, but at least he is out there playing his game and giving it his all. I'd rather over pay for a guy who will be in the line up and maybe score the odd big goal and raise hell than pay for a guy who is sitting at home after we signed him to a contract knowing his recent injury and concussion history. 

Oh I agree 100%, but at least he is out there playing his game and giving it his all. I'd rather over pay for a guy who will be in the line up and maybe score the odd big goal and raise hell than pay for a guy who is sitting at home after we signed him to a contract knowing his recent injury and concussion history.

you have to wonder honestly if they start to milk out the injuries and just enjoy the pay check to sit at home with their families and enjoy life

losing...or lost his touch

I really think he could be the greatest GM of all time if he changed his concrete way of thinking....like locking up TOP players well before they become free agents, and other things too

maybe we would still have half of a team if things were done this way

Hope he gets better for his own sake but that amount of supposed concussions in such a short time is worrisome. From a Devils point of view, I suppose he'd only really be an issue during the offseason before they can IR him and replace his cap hit.

Does anyone know if NHL teams have insurance on player contracts? I know MLB teams do that on a lot of long term deals. The premiums can be high but can be worth it (ex: Orioles recouped some of Albert Belle's deal, Yankees have insurance on A-Rod's deal). I read that the NHL used to have a league wide policy that covered quite a few players to help protect teams but the new emphasis on concussions may have altered that. I don't know if the new CBA affected that at all as well.

Injury issues has been the story with Clowe.  I wish he could get on the ice, but it looks like he hasn't been good this year even when that's happened.

he hasnt.. he hasnt done a damn thing although im forgetting what he looks like being hes been out almost a month now with this concussion..its becoming ridiculous who knows what hes going to be able to contribute if anything but he needs to get his ass back to work now the team is struggling and hes suppose to be in our top 6.