Devils VS Flyers

Sickman

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was terrible last night. But I don't think he was terrible in the first two. I thought he was fine.

He made some horrible decisions in Game 1, but I'm getting used to that with him. He was brought here to bury the opportunities that a number of Devils have had trouble finishing in recent playoff seasons, to be more of a "sure thing", and he's not doing that...he had a couple of chances in Game 1, golden chances, and he couldn't get it done. Even if the Devils get whitewashed the next two games (doubt that will happen), I still think bringing in Kovy was a risk worth taking...I've never wavered on that. But he's been disappointing to this point overall, and the better-than-point-per-game performance as a Devils doesn't have me fooled.

He was terrible last night. But I don't think he was terrible in the first two. I thought he was fine.

well sure, but that to me all adds up to a bad series. he has to be our best player, or our second best player. there's not going to be anyone under him who's going to pick him up if he's failing.

well sure, but that to me all adds up to a bad series. he has to be our best player, or our second best player. there's not going to be anyone under him who's going to pick him up if he's failing.

Makes last night's loss that much tougher...on a night where friggin' BRIAN "DORN" ROLSTON scores two goals, Ilya doesn't manage so much as a shot on goal. The only times I ever would have expected Roger Dorn to score two goals would be if the Devils were up or down by 5 goals.

Makes last night's loss that much tougher...on a night where friggin' BRIAN "DORN" ROLSTON scores two goals, Ilya doesn't manage so much as a shot on goal. The only times I ever would have expected Roger Dorn to score two goals would be if the Devils were up or down by 5 goals.

I don't know who came up with the "Roger Dorn" nickname, but it's very funny. "You expect me to dive?" :rofl:

I don't know who came up with the "Roger Dorn" nickname, but it's very funny. "You expect me to dive?" :rofl:

it's so good that multiple people had the same idea.

i mean last night there just were no shots, period, because the flyers were all over the devils' transition game.

I don't/can't disagree. He needs to be the superstar he supposedly is.

He was the one superstar I wasn't so enraptured with and that is because the times he would play the Devs as a Thrasher, he made some of the laziest decisions you could hope for as an opponent. I haven't seen that here, the lazy aspect. But he has got to be the guy who wants the kind of money he supposedly asked for in the past.

The whole team sucked last night except Brodeur.

and Zubrus. He played very good.

Leave Kovy out of this...it's Elias. He needs to wake up. He has personally destroyed the Flyers many times.

Flyers in five. I'm not saying that for the sake of being negative, because I would've picked the Devils to win in six or less against Ottawa, Montreal, or Boston. I just have a bad feeling against this particular opponent, much like I did against the 'Canes last year (though the Devils did fare better in that series than I thought they would). I have a feeling by the end of this series, we'll have seen too much of what we saw in the recent 5-1 loss to the Flyers (Devils looking slow and pressured), and we'll be lamenting how Boucher could have possibly played so well against the Devils...and lamenting it even more when Boucher looks human against whatever team he plays next.

I really wanted to look back on this and laugh. Now it's 60 minutes away from coming true...all of it. Maybe they somehow get this to six or even seven games. But I just can't fathom how they can win this round.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

I really wanted to look back on this and laugh. Now it's 60 minutes away from coming true...all of it. Maybe they somehow get this to six or even seven games. But I just can't fathom how they can win this round.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

Yea I'm going tomorrow night so one more win would be nice.