GDT: 3/1 Devils at NY Islanders - 1pm

Satans Hockey

Announcers were taking about them dealing Andrew MacDonald as well. They're really stripping things down there

In fairness to them, their approach might have been different if Vanek hadn't shot down their offer.  That's what worries me about Schneider...what if money isn't enough (I think Lou will make a very good offer)?  As we saw with Nieds, sometimes it really isn't about the money.   

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to them, their approach might have been different if Vanek hadn't shot down their offer.  That's what worries me about Schneider...what if money isn't enough (I think Lou will make a very good offer)?  As we saw with Nieds, sometimes it really isn't about the money.   

The good news is Cory doesn't have a brother in the NHL. He is playing relatively close now to his hometown, and the one NHL team in Massachusetts...well they have a top 3 goalie in the world locked up for ever.

Don't fvck this up New Jersey. One of the main reasons I want Marty gone. Cory has been around goalie drama for 3+ years now. He has deserved his own net for that many years. Time to finally give it to him distraction free.

I'll add one more thing. Marty continues to push the mantra, "I just want to play." By not trading him, Lou continues to put enormous pressure on Deboer to get Marty in to more games than he should.

Edited by devilsrule33

Glad they actually won when I made a game day thread. I don't think my overall record is all that good lol

So happy to see Marty play well. I'm glad I went to the game, totally forget that Jagr had a chance to score 700 today so very cool to see some history as well.

I hope that wasn't Martys last game in a Devils jersey. I hope he ends up being ok with being a backup for one final season or just retires after this one.

I know I'm being sentimental but it would kill me to see him in any other jersey.

trooped it out to the game today and glad i did.. had some free tickets too so it made it well worth my while.. good game dont remember the last time i got to see that many goals scored live in front of me.. but my god what a dump that place is..so glad that we dont have to call a place like that home man that would blow!

Great that we got to open this mini-season against two sh!t teams and get some momentum going towards San Jose. If we can take them down, it'd be huge. Clowe is finally playing up to his potential, along with Henrique. Only forward that doesn't really have their game at full force right now is Zajac, not calling him out, but it's true. Hell, even Loktionov has looked good

I think Zajac has been great over these last few months. The puck just won't go in for him. 

I am not worried about Schneider leaving. As a goalie, if you have a secure starting job on on a consistently good team, more often than not he accepts an offer to stay, if a quality offer is made.

I am not worried about Schneider leaving. As a goalie, if you have a secure starting job on on a consistently good team, more often than not he accepts an offer to stay, if a quality offer is made.

The big question will be does Schneider think this team will be a consistently good team in his prime years?  Is he concerned that he'll always have to hold the opposition to 2 goals or less?  Can Lou sell him on the team's future, especially when their most productive forward is a 42-year-old who doesn't figure to be here much longer than next season, if that?  Does Cory even like living and playing in NJ?  Only Cory knows the answers.   

The big question will be does Schneider think this team will be a consistently good team in his prime years?  Is he concerned that he'll always have to hold the opposition to 2 goals or less?  Can Lou sell him on the team's future, especially when their most productive forward is a 42-year-old who doesn't figure to be here much longer than next season, if that?  Does Cory even like living and playing in NJ?  Only Cory knows the answers.

on the flip side of this what teams are clearly ahead of nj that will be looking for goalies upgrades in the 2015 offseason? The only one I can think of is Pittsburgh, and they're going to have trouble staying under the cap if he's looking for close to a lunqvist deal.

on the flip side of this what teams are clearly ahead of nj that will be looking for goalies upgrades in the 2015 offseason? The only one I can think of is Pittsburgh, and they're going to have trouble staying under the cap if he's looking for close to a lunqvist deal.

Actually a lot of teams don't have goalies signed beyond next year yet, though that number'll change appreciably this offseason and during 2014.  And that's not accounting for prospects who may have a role on the respective teams by then.

But right now teams that don't have NHL goalies signed beyond next year include the Isles, Florida, Calgary, Ottawa, Buffalo, Edmonton, Anaheim (not counting Fredrik Anderson), St. Louis (though they'll probably try to re-sign Miller), Columbus (likewise Bobrovsky), Tampa (ditto with Bishop if he's not a fluke), Toronto (same with Bernier), San Jose (I'd expect Niemi to re-up there though) and Washington along with the Pens.

Of those the only situations with appreciably better rosters than ours right now are the Pens, Ducks, the Blues, Tampa and San Jose...and there's a chance none of those teams need a goalie by 2015.  The team I'd worry about (besides the Penguins) is Minnesota, unless Kuemper becomes the guy by the end of next year.  They could buy out Backstrom by then and be a major player for a goalie.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Actually a lot of teams don't have goalies signed beyond next year yet, though that number'll change appreciably this offseason and during 2014. And that's not accounting for prospects who may have a role on the respective teams by then.

But right now teams that don't have NHL goalies signed beyond next year include the Isles, Florida, Calgary, Ottawa, Buffalo, Edmonton, Anaheim (not counting Fredrik Anderson), St. Louis (though they'll probably try to re-sign Miller), Columbus (likewise Bobrovsky), Tampa (ditto with Bishop if he's not a fluke), Toronto (same with Bernier), San Jose (I'd expect Niemi to re-up there though) and Washington along with the Pens.

Of those the only situations with appreciably better rosters than ours right now are the Pens, Ducks, the Blues, Tampa and San Jose...and there's a chance none of those teams need a goalie by 2015. The team I'd worry about (besides the Penguins) is Minnesota, unless Kuemper becomes the guy by the end of next year. They could buy out Backstrom by then and be a major player for a goalie.

I wouldn't throw the blues in there because it's highly likely that they either re-sign miller or find a replacement this offseason. With the way bishop has played I would think Tampa is in the same boat as us and might try to re-sign him before he hits ufa. Anaheim looks to have options in the system long term but I suppose they could be in on him. San Jose is one I didn't think of- I'd put them with Pittsburgh in that they might look elsewhere than noemi but they'll be up against the cap.

Of course a lot of this is projecting way too early so whenever know how situations will change.

Boy if he winds up in Minny that would really suck lol.

Edited by dmann422

I wouldn't throw the blues in there because it's highly likely that they either re-sign miller or find a replacement this offseason. With the way bishop has played I would think Tampa is in the same boat as us and might try to re-sign him before he hits ufa. Anaheim looks to have options in the system long term but I suppose they could be in on him. San Jose is one I didn't think of- I'd put them with Pittsburgh in that they might look elsewhere than noemi but they'll be up against the cap.

Of course a lot of this is projecting way too early so whenever know how situations will change.

Boy if he winds up in Minny that would really suck lol.

Well yeah I don't think a lot of those destinations are realistic and said so in the post, I was just compiling current teams that didn't have goalies signed beyond next year 'yet'.  Those rat ******** would be our most hated West team ever if they traded for Marty then signed Cory lol.