Langenbrunner realizes he might be one of Devils’ cap casualties

Rock

lol, tried to take away his C...he wanted to sit Jamie for one lousy game and give the C to someone else as teams frequently do when the captain's out of the lineup. Jamie pitched a fit and instead of using it as motivation to play better went in the tank from that point on.

The only thing you're right on is he's not the only one that quit on the team, but since he was and is the C that makes it even more inexcusable and easier for everyone else to do so.

I've pretty much accepted he'll be on the team this year, if nothing else it's just too much upheaval to dump the captain during training camp after all the crap we've been going through this offseason but he's going to have to work to get out of my doghouse.

Jamie's in my doghouse for his lack of motivation on the ice and attitude off it. But you are underplaying the removal of the "C". It meant something, I would go so far as to say Lemaire didn't like Jamie and wanted to take the "C" from him. Jamie didn't do much whining over this specific incident either - it was Colin White who refused to take the "C" because he knew it was the wrong thing to do.

Am I the only one who thought Langs wasn't playing well well before getting benched for that game? IMO he actually deserved to be given less ice time or sat a game way before the last week. I actually thought he was hiding some sort of injury for a while. If it was personal problems, leave it off the ice and out of the room. Easier said then done, but you are a pro, it's what you have to do.

That being said, if he is on this team, he is going to be the captain. If the team had to include him in part of a package to clear space. I have no problem with it.

Edited by Joe B

Langs was my favorite player, then I hated him for his hissy fit, now I'm somewhere in the middle. I could take him or leave him, and hope he grows up under a better coach than the shell of Lemaire.

Am I the only one who thought Langs wasn't playing well well before getting benched for that game? IMO he actually deserved to be given less ice time or sat a game way before the last week. I actually thought he was hiding some sort of injury for a while. If it was personal problems, leave it off the ice and out of the room. Easier said then done, but you are a pro, it's what you have to do.

That being said, if he is on this team, he is going to be the captain. If the team had to include him in part of a package to clear space. I have no problem with it.

Exactly -- he did deserve to get benched and Colin White was a jerkoff for not wearing the C for ONE FREAKING GAME! Get over yourself Colin.

BUT that's what I'm saying --- WHY did that happen? It's the Captains job to ensure the team DOESN'T stop playing for their manager. (manager? I SWEAR I'm not watching baseball! :giggle: ) I've been a party to that sh!t - group think rejecting of a person int eh team - but not for the good of the game -- or my co-workers -- it's was for PURE AMUSEMENT when I look at it honestly. Conflict in the ranks is NEVER what's best for the team. When Stevens was out SOMEONE wore the C - it's normal. When an alternate is out SOMEONE WEARS THE A! It's fun to see how a guy wears it -- it's fun to see the reward. WTF with White acting all :blink: what? what the fvck WAS that if it happened??? I mean WTF?!?!? Unless COlin said no because he's a wuss and coudlnt' hack it for a night. What the hell are you all up in arms about it for???? Seriously? It's NORMAL! and the benching was not uncalled for. Dude was all keyed up and needed to take a step back -- not get his damm hackles up. Just what a JOKE if that was half the issue you all are making it out to be! :argh: How BEYOND unprofessional of this group!!! :argh: You're making me all doubly as pissed at them.

(oh and just because I am a hyper defensive second guesser of an arguer -- When the team quit on Larry in 2002 Stevens was considered Larry's pet so -- sometimes you alienate the team that way -- but that's better, more n=honorable to the game of hockey - than assisting in the mutiny.)

EDIT: And I DON'T want Jamie gone -- but the more you guys argue for him, the bigger an a$$hole you all make him out to be!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Trading Langenbrunner at this point makes no sense. It's not just about clearing cap space now, we have to clear it for the future too with Parise and Greene up for a raise next year. Bye bye Zubrus and probably Sal.

Edited by Vinnie

you know the more i think about it... i just don't see moving Langenbrunner as a viable option given he's bang for your buck and a right wing.

if they moved him, he would have to be packaged with someone else (Rolston, Salvador, White) with something of value coming back...

wonder what lou's gonna do??? wow this off season has been INSANE...

oh...and i also predict that there is little chance that they move Zubrus...

he is far to versatile a forward especially at center where they need the size and depth... just my 2 cents

Edited by ice dog

MN ROOTS! Whoohoo! How cute is that?

OK you all be glad I just erased paragraphs of my swing down memory lane even....

But I will tell you all my retort for all those women driving who desperately want to get ahead of you but can't so they start Langenbrunnering at you through your rearview mirror -- I had one of those today ":rant::blahblah:" You flip the night view down on the mirror - they get ALL kinds of enraged and sardonically laugh when they can finally pull along side you -- my nice touch - I use my middle finger to slowing flip the mirror down. It makes me so passive aggressively happy. Seriously I get such joy out of it that I'll probably tell you the trick repeatedly if I haven't already. It's such a beautiful way to tell these shrews to STFU ^_^

Edited by Pepperkorn

am i the only one who think getting a 1.5m backup goaly for brodeur was not really the right move at this point? we could have easily get a 0.5m backup and have an extra 1m right now... at this point any extra million could help

It was the right move and it was done for 3 reasons:

1. Lou is playing for Cup THIS year just like he does every year. If Marty goes down he wants to have a goalie he know will be reliable.

2. It helped draw Kovy

3. Hedberg wanted to come here. He could have signed with another team and player 40 games but he's coming to the end of his career and he wants to play for an elite organization and take a shot at the Cup.

It was the right move and it was done for 3 reasons:

1. Lou is playing for Cup THIS year just like he does every year. If Marty goes down he wants to have a goalie he know will be reliable.

2. It helped draw Kovy

3. Hedberg wanted to come here. He could have signed with another team and player 40 games but he's coming to the end of his career and he wants to play for an elite organization and take a shot at the Cup.

1.) undoubtedly the #1 reason why we got him. Moose is reliable and has playoff experience.

2.) That's debatable, but it certainly did not hurt our chances.

3.) #2 reason, he wanted to play for us, he knows we can win and by him coming here, he takes pressure off MB"Ego"30 and maybe, just maybe, he'll actually take a game or two off without having to be told to do so

great post, though

Edited by jagknife