MeiGray 2014 Expo

hoekster316

$30 registration includes a "blank NHL jersey". I've never gone to a MeiGray Expo before so I'm assuming they're blank authentics used in preseason games that has the Name/Number removed? If so, anyone know how common it is to score a Devils jersey?

Registration is up:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6367451&catLevel=1&scLevel=0&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=57570&catParentID=57570&scId=57570

$30 registration includes a "blank NHL jersey". I've never gone to a MeiGray Expo before so I'm assuming they're blank authentics used in preseason games that has the Name/Number removed? If so, anyone know how common it is to score a Devils jersey?

Registration is up:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6367451&catLevel=1&scLevel=0&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=57570&catParentID=57570&scId=57570

The free jerseys are brand new with tags. Usually pre-Edge authentics that the teams had in their possession, but never ended up numbering/lettering/using. You can sometimes see where the MeiGray tag has been removed in the back, but other than that they're literally brand new. 

I've gotten Islanders, Canucks, Predators, Flyers in the past. Devils jerseys used to be in the mix but I think they've run out of them by now. I usually sell them on eBay, which more than pays for the $30 registration cost. 

The free jerseys are brand new with tags. Usually pre-Edge authentics that the teams had in their possession, but never ended up numbering/lettering/using. You can sometimes see where the MeiGray tag has been removed in the back, but other than that they're literally brand new. 

I've gotten Islanders, Canucks, Predators, Flyers in the past. Devils jerseys used to be in the mix but I think they've run out of them by now. I usually sell them on eBay, which more than pays for the $30 registration cost. 

Thanks for the info, man!

This will be my 4th year in a row going and unless you are a hardcore jersey collector you will either be bored or be done with it in about 30 minutes. The conference room they hold it in at RVCC is really not that big and a lot of the collectors know each other so if you are new it may have a bit of a clique sense.

As for the free jersey last year I got a Dallas stars and a predators jersey (my gf came with me). This was the first time the free jerseys were edge with the preds I got a 1.0 and the Dallas one a 2.0. They are pro overstock jerseys with the tags attached. In my previous three years I have never seen anyone with a devils jersey and I think they just don't. At the warehouse they have racks of them but I think they just don't include them. In the past I have gotten Edmonton, Tampa, Toronto, and islanders.

I also forgot to mention that I too sell those free jerseys on eBay. Have made between $70-150 each on eBay for them. One thing that prevents me from making more is that most they give out are 58, 58+, 58G, 60 or 60G sizes so they won't fit a lot of people.

Still it's the only expo/convention I attend every year where I eventually make money by attending.

any one have any luck with the grab a bag thing?

Did it once and never again. A giant money grab by meigray is all it is. Usually it's 100 bags and they tell you the top 10 but not the other 90. They don't tell you the other 90 because it usually crap that is worth less on the open market than what you paid and usually even the top 10 are not really worth close to the estimate worth meigray puts on there.

Save your money for the summer sale where you can pick something nice out for a good price.

Did it once and never again. A giant money grab by meigray is all it is. Usually it's 100 bags and they tell you the top 10 but not the other 90. They don't tell you the other 90 because it usually crap that is worth less on the open market than what you paid and usually even the top 10 are not really worth close to the estimate worth meigray puts on there.

Save your money for the summer sale where you can pick something nice out for a good price.

the last grab bag they did a month ago was great. a lot of great players

the last grab bag they did a month ago was great. a lot of great players

Only one I've seen that was decent. They had trouble selling out if them (and eventually didn't) because of the high dollar buy in and the fact that past grab bags were filled with crap outside the top 10.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.