Ranger fans to fly to Newark.

Neb00rs

http://sports.yahoo....-181319700.html

How about taking a flight from LaGuardia Airport in Queens to Newark, New Jersey?

Yes, a flight. You will hop in an airplane and travel a whole 20 miles.

Delta Airlines is making this possible for Rangers fans through a very unique promotion. Fans have until 5 p.m. ET today to fill out a form on the Rangers website to be entered. The 17-minute trip on Saturday morning includes seats on the charter flight, Rangers swag, ground transportation to and from Newark Airport and the opportunity to win a chance to go on a road trip to a Rangers away game next season.

Why on Earth would people trouble themselves to go through airport security and all of that nonsense for a 20 minute flight.

I read about this...it's rediculus deal, doubt it will get any substantial takers.

Why not? It is a promotion, will be free for the fan and a chance to go on a road trip with the team next year. If I didnt have plans tomorrow, I would enter. However, it would be MUCH faster to drive from my house to the arena than to Laguardia, let alone the airport.

I think it's kinda fun. It's a chance to go to the game together, get some free stuff, and bond over the team. We like road trips too. Much as I don't like the Rags or their fans, I have no problem with this.

I think it's kinda fun. It's a chance to go to the game together, get some free stuff, and bond over the team. We like road trips too. Much as I don't like the Rags or their fans, I have no problem with this.

Agreed, it's just a clever promotion by Delta. God forbid they try to cash in on the local fervor. Apparently they've done the same thing in Chicago, flying from Midway to O'Hare for Cubs/Sox interleague games.

The large majority of Rangers fans is better connected to Prudential Center than it is to LaGuardia Airport, this is a DUMB idea...

If you're from Long Island (and a huge amount of them are), chances are you're hopping the LIRR to Penn, then connecting a few platforms away to Newark Penn. It's quick and painless. All the rest live in Staten Island, Northern New Jersey, or Rockland County. Getting to LaGuardia on a Saturday morning with beautiful weather is a nightmare!!

It's only worth it if you're a Rangers fan from Queens or Upper Manhattan (and there's not many Manhattan Rangers fans compared to elsewhere). So, Queens Rangers fans, step on up. Even for most of them, the LIRR/NJ Transit connection is the easiest way to go haha..

Just to add on, the common sense of it all is that getting to ANY of the NY-area airports is just so much more of a hassle than getting to either The Rock or MSG. Delta's intentions were good but the logistics are a nightmare (FOR A 1PM GAME).

The large majority of Rangers fans is better connected to Prudential Center than it is to LaGuardia Airport, this is a DUMB idea...

If you're from Long Island (and a huge amount of them are), chances are you're hopping the LIRR to Penn, then connecting a few platforms away to Newark Penn. It's quick and painless. All the rest live in Staten Island, Northern New Jersey, or Rockland County. Getting to LaGuardia on a Saturday morning with beautiful weather is a nightmare!!

It's only worth it if you're a Rangers fan from Queens or Upper Manhattan (and there's not many Manhattan Rangers fans compared to elsewhere). So, Queens Rangers fans, step on up. Even for most of them, the LIRR/NJ Transit connection is the easiest way to go haha..

Are you serious? You REALLY think this is actually about transportation to a game? No, it is about adding to the experience of going to the game and having some fun. A plane filled with Rangers fans taking a flight to a road game. Transportation wise it is not "worth it" for ANYONE. Drive to Laguardia (or train/cab) get their 1-2 hours early, stand on line, then the same thing on the way back. Some people really amaze me. Oh, and if you are from LI, you are likely driving. LIRR on the weekends can be very annoying as it is a reduced schedule.

Just to add on, the common sense of it all is that getting to ANY of the NY-area airports is just so much more of a hassle than getting to either The Rock or MSG. Delta's intentions were good but the logistics are a nightmare (FOR A 1PM GAME).

Your intentions may be good, but your logic is an absolute nightmare.

Edited by Matteau#32

I don't have a problem with a NY promo or any type...Im just saying that to go through all of extra stuff that comes along with flying is a bit much for me. :)

I would just rather drive in since it's faster.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Are you serious? You REALLY think this is actually about transportation to a game? No, it is about adding to the experience of going to the game and having some fun. A plane filled with Rangers fans taking a flight to a road game. Transportation wise it is not "worth it" for ANYONE. Drive to Laguardia (or train/cab) get their 1-2 hours early, stand on line, then the same thing on the way back. Some people really amaze me. Oh, and if you are from LI, you are likely driving. LIRR on the weekends can be very annoying as it is a reduced schedule.

Obviously it's not meant to make their trip a little easier. It's a promotion by Delta, I know that. I would just imagine that the Rangers fan from Rockland County or Central/Eastern L.I. that is one of the winners would have to wake up at 8am, leave the house by 9am, to be lucky and maybe get to LaGuardia at 10:30-11 with no traffic. Have fun waiting on the security line; school's out and an absurd amount of college graduates are about to go to on vacation this weekend.

Winning this contest is a humongous downgrade from being able to go to the game on your own time and enjoy some pre-game beers around The Rock. The weather's gonna be beautiful, the bars are great, and everyone's gonna be around the arena having a great time while a bunch of "lucky" Rangers fans are flying into Newark airport. It's just a dumb idea, sorry you disagree.

I'm sure Delta have probably wanted this or planned for this to happen on a weekend game, but you have to imagine they're cursing out the fact that the game's at 1pm, not 3 or 7:30pm, etc...

Finally a reason to root for Al-Qaeda!

Too far, man, too far :huh: