Vanderbeek misses interest payment per Kosman

trailblazer

Agreed.   I honestly believe this is JVB being shrewd, and not JVB being broke.

It doesn't look good to the layman; but it doesn't have too.

NHL contracts are guranteed and the NHL has already shown they will step in to fulfill obligations.   That sqaures away any uneasiness players may have felt before joining a team.   They are getting their money.

To the people who say "well he's making so much noise about it that it must mean he's on to something" I mean at this point his entegrity is pretty much on the line here and he has to keep making noise otherwise it proves he's been lying.. Wouldn't be surprised if this started as a potentially big story, he ran with it, situation resolved itself far better than his "sources" expected, and now he's got to continue on to save face.. Again, if this has been such a huge issue for 2 years, where are the effects? I need to see it to believe it, but its been business as usual since

This is whats wrong with this country. Noise does not equal validity or credibility. See: FoxNews,MSNBC, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, etc...

Just another doom and gloom article based on 'sources'. NHL said it was an inaccurate article. Thats good enough for me.

what he's saying, and what is 100% true is that there are plenty of financial reasons to miss a payment or push something off.

the whole reason JVB allowed everything to happen the way that it fell out was that he had incredible leverage. CIT, the loan holder absolutely didn't want him going bankrupt. It would leave them in an awful position. There are lots of reasons for this which i'm not in the mood to go through. they let him restructure favorably because it put them in a better position if he defaulted again.

he's not defaulting - he stretches his dollars and makes the best financial deals he can. JVB is no idiot and he doesn't give a sh!t if the Post smears his name and says he's got no money. they were going to give parise $90+MM last year. they spent $60+MM prorated this past year. They'll do the same thing again this year.

Correct-a-mundo

This is whats wrong with this country. Noise does not equal validity or credibility. See: FoxNews,MSNBC, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, etc...

Just another doom and gloom article based on 'sources'. NHL said it was an inaccurate article. Thats good enough for me.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge deal.  Ultimately, it still goes under the heading of "entertainment news". 

im just scared that the Devils will have to move because of all this financial sh!t.

They have about 25 years left on the lease, so I there isn't much to worry about. Ownership may change, but it'd take A LOT for the NHL to let them move.

Edit--- Also, as stated numerous times in this thread, Kosman has no clue.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

well thats perfect, the fans not accepting that Lou can do something wrong can use this as an excuse this year too for the free agents

Well, he certainly does a lot better than many GMs. I really think you need to take a step back and be reminded that you're getting on Lou's case over losing a FA he might never have had a chance to sign and having two crappy years bookending one where we went to the Finals, one of those years even being a half season should make it even less of a negative against Lou, especially since it's left us in decent position in a quality draft and we even managed to pick up a quality prospect for nearly nothing this year.

I just don't see the trades, signings, etc that Lou could have made, yet didn't and, I assume, are the basis for your argument that Lou wasn't as effective as he could have been.

What does this a hole do wait at the bank, duh got a story JVB has missed a payment!

It is getting to the point where if its posted anywhere but TG site Fire and Ice or the Devils org themselves it most likely 90% BS

Edited by Devs1965

The only reason any of this is "news" year after year is because the big New York media outlet doesn't have anything better to write that's hockey-related in May or June, the Rangers haven't done jack in 20 years and they have a fanbase they have to cater to.

Edited by DJ Eco

What's great is Kosman was tweeting his number out to Koules and Lawton last night to get them to talk to him.

I think I might give Kosman a ring later.

And look at the people he is tweeting.. Some dude who is from NJ and was traded to the Devils in 1993 but never played? Maybe Kosman doesn't realize he's reporting on our finances from the early 90's :P

And look at the people he is tweeting.. Some dude who is from NJ and was traded to the Devils in 1993 but never played? Maybe Kosman doesn't realize he's reporting on our finances from the early 90's :P

lol you didn't read the article.

He said the NHL is helping to broker a deal where Koules and Lawton are to buy a minority stake in the Devils and if JVB cannot right the ship's finances in the next couple of years Koules and Lawton can take over.

lol you didn't read the article.

He said the NHL is helping to broker a deal where Koules and Lawton are to buy a minority stake in the Devils and if JVB cannot right the ship's finances in the next couple of years Koules and Lawton can take over.

TG shot this BS down last night. Once again, Kosman is full of sh!t. Hilarious that he's tweeting out his phone number too, maybe we should give him a call and tell him what a great job he's doing lmao.

TG shot this BS down last night. Once again, Kosman is full of sh!t. Hilarious that he's tweeting out his phone number too, maybe we should give him a call and tell him what a great job he's doing lmao.

Where did TG shoot this down?  I see nothng on both of his Twitter accounts and his website.

Where did TG shoot this down?  I see nothng on both of his Twitter accounts and his website.

. Check the HF board- someone over there was PM'ing with him and he confirmed it's BS.

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

If you're looking to Carton for anything resembling a rational thought, you're already lost.  The man should have his picture next to the definition of douchebag.

Did he say where he got that 18 month timeframe?  Was he just pulling that out of his ass?

Carton doesn't really care about hockey.  That little douche was a big Devils fan last year during the playoffs and this year he is suddenly a huge Islanders fan.

This is on top of him being a "huge" Flyers fan during his days in Philly in the 90's.