No good can come from us drafting Brodeur's son

roomtemp

He already has the shadow of his old man hanging over him but to then go to where he plied his trade. He'd never be able to live up to his potential because the media would be a circus and the pressure obscene.

I don't see that happening. There are plenty of players' sons playing(maybe not the caliber of marty) but they're rarely compared to their fathers.

If I was his father and I did what I did here....as much as I am grateful for all that, no way would I hope he plays here...total no-win situation and the expectations would be stupidly unfair (even by this place's already absurd standards :P )

What none of you are mentioning is the greatest horror of Brodeur getting drafted by the Rangers: Marty will wearing a Rangers hat and saying good things about the Rags while taking pics with his son...at the very least we may have been saved from some nightmarish draft pictures by Marty not retiring. We're safe for now.

My dad isn't a hall of fame goaltender so I wouldn't begin to think I could understand what type of pressure is on him but you would have to think the kid is a goaltender and his dad IS a hall of fame goaltender. The pressure is going to be there regardless. Devils fans will keep an eye on him regardless. The media (to whatever extent the NHL has in terms of media), once he's in the NHL, will keep an eye on him simply because he is a goaltender and his father is Martin Brodeur. The only added pressure I would see with him being drafted here is because this is where his dad won cups and broke records. But you have to think the kid is going to pressure himself to be that good no matter where he plays.

Honestly, if you read up on his son and know the prep hockey world, I don't think we have to worry too too much about seeing Marty's son playing at the Rock anytime soon. Apparently the kid is good, but not great. Good for him, I hope he makes it to the big leagues but I don't see this being a problem in the immediate future around here, if at all.

Actually, one of my friends neighbors was Marty's best man at his wedding, and was at his 4th of July BBQ. Marty's knees are supposedly hurting him, and should take 3 months to recover. His son actually, does not want to be drafted by the Devils. Supposedly, he want to be drafted by the flyers or the rangers. I have no idea why, that's just what I heard from them.

Actually, one of my friends neighbors was Marty's best man at his wedding, and was at his 4th of July BBQ.

The end of that sentence is where wise people know to say to themselves, "ok, I need to stop this post and hit the delete button." #Par9washere

Edited by ben00rs