401 replies to this topic

#361 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Manta is still around, hes just been creepin on statuses and not posting. He did say Lou proved him wrong :koolaid:

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#362 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I haven't forgotten that at all...I don't hate the Flyers like I hate the Rangers. And the Devils never had unfinished business against the Flyers like they did against the Rangers...the Devils beat the Flyers in the ECF twice on the way to winning Cups.

Completely disagree. Since the way we were manhandled in 2010 with high expectations going in, I have always thought beating the Flyers was unfinished business #1. Also, I agree the '94 story is great and now we reversed it and can hear the Henrique call forever but for the team it's faux-unfinished business. Except for Marty of course.

I still hope Manta comes back. He stood by his opinion, even if none of us agreed.

As one of the people who has argued the most with Manta over the past few years being a Kovy fanatic - I have been probably Manta's most ardent defender during the success this season because of the reason above. He argued not to troll or disagree but because he loves the team. Not only that - he wasn't really that wrong - we did need a PMD - Zidlicky filled the role....he was just wrong that Kovy would tank the team into a bottomless abyss of failure.......Posted Image

Edited by ben00rs, 26 May 2012 - 02:31 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#363 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

manta aside, i really miss SatansDevils and the oot threads :/

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#364 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

manta aside, i really miss SatansDevils and the oot threads :/

SD was OK, but all he did in most of his posts was state the blatantly obvious. That, and every one of his GDT posts was pretty much the same thing, no matter what the Devils had done before the game...the Devils could've won 7 in a row, and SD's GDT posts would say "Devils need to keep it going against (insert team here)..." The Devils could've started a season 15-0-0 and he'd post the same exact thing.

That, and everytime a former "meh" Devil would have a few good games, SD was immediately posting about how Lou let one get away (Aaron Voros, Mike Rupp, among others)...something about him was really annoying at times.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 May 2012 - 03:01 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#365 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

SD was OK, but all he did in most of his posts was state the blatantly obvious. That, and every one of his GDT posts was pretty much the same thing, no matter what the Devils had done before the game...the Devils could've won 7 in a row, and SD's GDT posts would say "Devils need to keep it going against (insert team here)..." The Devils could've started a season 15-0-0 and he'd post the same exact thing.

That, and everytime a former "meh" Devil would have a few good games, SD was immediately posting about how Lou let one get away (Aaron Voros, Mike Rupp, among others)...something about him was really annoying at times.

He's been posting here and there hasn't he? But I agree if he was around more we would have known the Devs would be in the finals two weeks ago. Posted Image.....I be trollin'.

Edited by ben00rs, 26 May 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#366 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

He annoyed everyone but he was still a Devs fan at heart. I mean hey, we still keep LucifersDog around. :whistling:

#367 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

He annoyed everyone but he was still a Devs fan at heart. I mean hey, we still keep LucifersDog around. :whistling:

fvcking love your picture

#368 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Completely disagree. Since the way we were manhandled in 2010 with high expectations going in, I have always thought beating the Flyers was unfinished business #1. Also, I agree the '94 story is great and now we reversed it and can hear the Henrique call forever but for the team it's faux-unfinished business. Except for Marty of course.

I think this differs from fan to fan. In '04 and '10, the Flyers didn't go on to win a Cup, in spite of the beatdowns they lay on the Devils, and they were both first-round knockouts. Hell, if you think about it, even the '12 Devils and the '12 Flyers differed a good bit from their '10 counterparts...especially these Flyers. The '94 Rangers won a Cup at the Devils' expense...the Flyers have never done that.

Neither one of us are wrong...like I said, I think there are multiple viewing angles on this.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#369 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Somewhere out there, David Puddy is having a great day

edit: im just gonna leave this riiiight here

Posted Image

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 26 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#370 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think this differs from fan to fan. In '04 and '10, the Flyers didn't go on to win a Cup, in spite of the beatdowns they lay on the Devils, and they were both first-round knockouts. Hell, if you think about it, even the '12 Devils and the '12 Flyers differed a good bit from their '10 counterparts...especially these Flyers. The '94 Rangers won a Cup at the Devils' expense...the Flyers have never done that.

Neither one of us are wrong...like I said, I think there are multiple viewing angles on this.

Agreed. And like I said, I like the fact that we reversed the '94 thing and threw it back on them and got it done somehow before Marty retired. All I'm saying is that we had something to prove against the Flyers after the way we got pushed around. Once this team realized they could beat them once, we have been a great team since. We were not this good against the Panthers. We had to beat the Flyers.

Edited by ben00rs, 26 May 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#371 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

And Matteau#32 is nowhere to be found...

Hopefully he ate a bullet. I know several Ranger fans, including family. Not one congrats last night or today.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#372 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hopefully he ate a bullet. I know several Ranger fans, including family. Not one congrats last night or today.

Really you expect a congrats? Their team just lost - and in devastating fashion too. Give them a little while.

#373 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=aVtqsuq7EVQ#!

go to 6:52 marty so happy. I'm so happy for marty he deserves this final chance.

Posted Image

#374 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Eh, my favorite was his "sources". Come on, the Kovy thread was classic!!!

"My sources say a deal is imminent"

"My sources say 8 million a year for 8 years"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#375 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Really you expect a congrats? Their team just lost - and in devastating fashion too. Give them a little while.

Matteau#32 is the one guy who's coming off pretty badly right now, no matter how his team lost. He made some pretty bold predictions, which is fine, and at times was clearly trying to be a bit antagonistic...kind of a joke to just disappear with his tail between his legs. If he doesn't at least show his face in here in the next couple of days, his cred is pretty much shot.

#30 FOREVER!

#376 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Eh, my favorite was his "sources". Come on, the Kovy thread was classic!!!

"My sources say a deal is imminent"

"My sources say 8 million a year for 8 years"

Forgot about that.

And after five games with the Rangers, Voros was going to be the best of Sean Avery and Randy McKay rolled into one.

#30 FOREVER!

#377 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

If he doesn't at least show his face in here in the next couple of days, his cred is pretty much shot.

Oh believe me I agree with this. He gets to use the, "Were playing each other," excuse as to why he only showed up on these boards during this series but if he is gone now then all his credibility crumbles.

Edited by ben00rs, 26 May 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#378 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Our 2012 playoffs so far in picture
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#379 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

A few rangers fans I know on Facebook said congrats but they all followed it by how we are going to get whipped by the kings in the next round

#380 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

This is awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users