DeBoer "Firing Watch" Thread

mfitz804

Our loser of a coach needs to go. Enough is enough.

This.

Blowing leads isn't a trend guys. We just have young guys trying to learn how to win.

This team is undisciplined, makes stupid mistakes, has no leadership, no accountability, and are absolutely terrible in the defensive and neutral zones.

Our loser of a coach needs to go. Enough is enough.

Deboer can go, but if anyone thinks that is going to be this dramatic change this team needs, you are kidding yourself. Zubrus, Elias (looks finished), Salvador, Clowe, Ryder, Brunner, Clowe, they are still there.

This isn't 2000, or 2002 or even 2006. This isn't a super talented team missing a star player, or just in a bad funk. It's an 8th seed at best.

One of the reasons Lou hasn't fired a coach? Who is out there? Robinson isn't available. Neither is Lemaire. Don't think Lou is coming down at his age with this many games left in the season. Don't think there are many coaches that Lou know to trust that can make a difference. No former head coaches on the staff. 

This can go a lot worse than it is now with a new coach.

Deboer can go, but if anyone thinks that is going to be this dramatic change this team needs, you are kidding yourself. Zubrus, Elias (looks finished), Salvador, Clowe, Ryder, Brunner, Clowe, they are still there.

This isn't 2000, or 2002 or even 2006. This isn't a super talented team missing a star player, or just in a bad funk. It's an 8th seed at best.

One of the reasons Lou hasn't fired a coach? Who is out there? Robinson isn't available. Neither is Lemaire. Don't think Lou is coming down at his age with this many games left in the season. Don't think there are many coaches that Lou know to trust that can make a difference. No former head coaches on the staff.

Look, we know the team blows. Can you just let people vent?

All of the players you listed are good players.

There's actually plenty of talent on the team to win plenty of games.  The problems with the team are all coaching related and not roster related.

All of the players you listed are good players.

There's actually plenty of talent on the team to win plenty of games. The problems with the team are all coaching related and not roster related.

They are good players if they are there to compliment better players. They can't do the heavy lifting anymore.

A different coach can absolutely make a difference.  He doesn't even have to be a good coach.  Sometimes all a team needs is a shakeup.  2010-2011 comes to mind.

It's not about the players. It's about the mental discipline of the team and their attitude towards the game.

Currently its piss poor.

This x1000!

Dave Tippett has a job. Why would you even mention him?

Post whores gotta post.

I don't care who we get as coach at this point. Change needs to happen somewhere and this guy has had more than enough chances. His decision making sucks.

Bingo. And if they do stink with another coach fine, we can just hire someone else with one playoff appearance in seven years to replace Pete.

That's a bit harsh. I think this is Deboer's first bad year as NHL coach. I really liked the job he did for the first 3 years. This team is a lot different, and besides sucking in the shootout, there isn't much carry over from the type of team they were the last two years.

MD, as for your original comment about let people vent. That's pretty much what most people do from thread to thread after games, and I pretty much never step in. Thing is...if you are still venting about this team, I feel bad for you. Way too much unneeded stress.

That's a bit harsh. I think this is Deboer's first bad year as NHL coach. I really liked the job he did for the first 3 years. This team is a lot different, and besides sucking in the shootout, there isn't much carry over from the type of team they were the last two years.

MD, as for your original comment about let people vent. That's pretty much what most people do from thread to thread after games, and I pretty much never step in. Thing is...if you are still venting about this team, I feel bad for you. Way too much unneeded stress.

Please tell me why our problems aren't coaching related.