‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

If he doesn't announce anything tonight, I guess we're looking at Thursday, as for some reason, people think it's a federal offense to announce something on a holiday.

I think we're waiting til Friday.

He's gotta realize he's holding up so many teams from doing business right now. Not just UFA's, but trades too. They're in no rush though, there will still be guys on the market come August.

Doan wouldn't be a first liner. The huy just got his first NHL hattrick last year.

Selanne could be a decent second liner with Elias and Zubrus.

Remember, we have to fill two roster spots with no Ponikarovsky. I'm not interested in having Tedenby on a 2nd, 3rd or 4th line for 82 games.

Doan wouldn't be a first liner. The huy just got his first NHL hattrick last year.

Selanne could be a decent second liner with Elias and Zubrus.

Remember, we have to fill two roster spots with no Ponikarovsky. I'm not interested in having Tedenby on a 2nd, 3rd or 4th line for 82 games.

Doan's staying in Phoenix unless they don't get the referendum passed on July 9th. He's not going to be off the board till then. He's not even an option if that passes and I dont think he'd come here. I think Detroit will get him if they don't get Zach and he leaves Phoenix.

Selanne will play nowhere but Anaheim.

Both of those guys have an extremely low probability of coming here. Its almost nil.

Doan's staying in Phoenix unless they don't get the referendum passed on July 9th. He's not going to be off the board till then. He's not even an option if that passes and I dont think he'd come here. I think Detroit will get him if they don't get Zach and he leaves Phoenix.

Selanne will play nowhere but Anaheim.

Both of those guys have an extremely low probability of coming here. Its almost nil.

Well then:

Kovy-Zajac-Henrique

Elias-Zubrus-Sykora

Clarkson-Josefson-Tedenby

Gionta-Bernier-Carter

The meat in that sandwich is gonna fvck us.

The age thing is gonna bite us in the ass. Zubrus, Sykora, Elias, Brodeur, Moose, Sal, Zidlicky, Tallinder, Volchenkov(the way he plays he's older than he acutally is); these guys are all over 30. That's almost 50% of the roster.

This is a speedy game.

Edited by CarpathianForest

@TGfireandice is making me sad

He's right though.

For those not on Twitter, TG is thinking out loud...

Here's something Zach Parise might be considering before he commits to a contract in NJ that could be 10 years or more.

Whatever deal he'd sign would keep him in NJ for years after Brodeur, Salvador and Lamoriello are gone.

I only mention Salvador because he re-signed today. But they are good friends.

But what happens to the organization after Lamoriello and Brodeur leave are legit questions.

That doesn't mean he's not coming back. Just something to consider among the many things he has on his plate.

The Devils have been very good under Lou Lamoriello, but he's been on the job for 25 years now and will be 70 in Oct.

I don't think Lamoriello will be retiring in the next few years, but I don't know if we can count on him being the GM til he's 80.

And for people saying any GM could leave, name me a GM that's been as important a part of their organization as Lamoriello has to Devils.

Thats all. Its truth, but nothing to get riled up about.

He's not wrong but the thing is what organization can you say the same thing about?

Pittsburgh - Crosby taking another whack and Malkin deciding he wants to leave for greener pastures (he's not getting more than $8.6 milion now that Crosby's set the bar there) could really destroy them.

Philly - Holmgren's a loon that remakes his roster every year, they have a goofball goalie and need to replace Pronger

Minnesota - Hahah next

Detroit - The most stable of any organization but their stars are getting older too.

He's not wrong but the thing is what organization can you say the same thing about?

Pittsburgh - Crosby taking another whack and Malkin deciding he wants to leave for greener pastures (he's not getting more than $8.6 milion now that Crosby's set the bar there) could really destroy them.

Philly - Holmgren's a loon that remakes his roster every year, they have a goofball goalie and need to replace Pronger

Minnesota - Hahah next

Detroit - The most stable of any organization but their stars are getting older too.

I dont disagree. I think he's just tired of waiting like all of us are lol.

And you are forgetting Chicago. In fact, I would say they may be the safest. Good corps of young players that all have long term/palatable deals for the most part. Stable ownership and GM. Just lack a goaltender.

Edited by ghdi

I dont disagree. I think he's just tired of waiting like all of us are lol.

And you are forgetting Chicago. In fact, I would say they may be the safest. Good corps of young players that all have long term deals for the most part. Stable ownership and GM.

Are they really in it money-wise though? They have the least cap space of anyone and I don't think 8-80 (the rumored offer I read) is going to do it compared to the other insanity out there.

Are they really in it money-wise though? They have the least cap space of anyone and I don't think 8-80 (the rumored offer I read) is going to do it compared to the other insanity out there.

They'd have to make a trade probably, but it wouldnt kill them. They have 7 in space right now. If they go to 10 years, the cap hit gets lower. They'd be tight, but they have a few movable contracts. Can't count them out.

Edited by ghdi

He's right though.

For those not on Twitter, TG is thinking out loud...

Thats all. Its truth, but nothing to get riled up about.

TG's post is a speculative pile of bullsh!t!

Out of the handful of teams making offers, Detroit and New Jersey have the most stable competitive histories.

If Sid falls on his head again and Malkin gains a couple IQ points to realize he is always going to be Kato to Sid's Green Hornet then the Pens are going to be tanking in about 5 seasons to get draft picks. The Pens are only successful due to the fact that they hit paydirt picking high in several strong drafts. It's not like they've signed any strong talent from other organizations with the possible exception of Kunitz.

If Zach signs with Philly, what guarantee is there that Holmgren doesn't pull a Jeff Carter on him. Zach could have them add a clause in the contract not to move him, but what's stopping Holmgren from fvcking up the rest of the roster.

Detroit is getting older like the Devils and they're on a downturn in my opinion. I have no idea in the first place why they're talked up all the time.

IMO if Parise(and Suter for that matter) wanted stability and a competitive team they should sign in Nashville. That team has no big name stars and plays a complete team mentality.

Plus, it's not like if Lou leaves then the whole framework he created falls apart. I'm pretty sure after he retires, Lou would have no problem playing concilierge to the new GM.

I mean Stan Bowman is still involved in Chicago in some capacity as an advisor even though his son is the guy who works on the deals.

He pissed me off! I tweeted back, and I never tweet. I said basically the same thing, that you could say that about most organizations.

TG got a little testy. I asked him if he was trying to give Zach reasons not to re-sign here. I love TG's blog, and his info, he's the

best. But sometimes he really ticks me off. And he gets very defensive if you disagree with him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.