2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

On July 1st, the 2012 UFA market opens up. http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

The biggest names include stud defensemen Ryan Suter, Russian Winger Alex Semin, and our own Captain Zach Parise.

Other notable names on the market include Jarret Stoll, Dustin Penner, and Brad Boyes

Other names include:

Ryan Smythe

Ray Whitney

Nicklas Hagman

Joe Corvo

Dennis Wideman

Filip Kuba

Jiri Hudler

Pavel Kubina

Shane Doan

Matt Carle

Paul Gaustad

etc.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1159847

There will be a huge frenzy if Suter and Parise are still unsigned on July 1st.

Post all smaller signings here.

Regardless of whether or not we get zach i would like the devils to try to get penner. He wud be a great pickup for our third line

He's a lazy floater that had 2 seasons of crap play and showed up in the playoffs for a few games - you want to pay $4M+ for that?

you guys are crazy. you expect to get parise and suter, then you need to address the who our goalie will be and fill in the RW holes. it wont happen.

i dont think i see i said anywhere that i expect that to happen. anyone that actually expects that is outside their mind

you obviously make the good point that we are at the point where we really need to think about our goalie but you can't deny that singing zach and suter would be a huge free agency

i dont think i see i said anywhere that i expect that to happen. anyone that actually expects that is outside their mind

you obviously make the good point that we are at the point where we really need to think about our goalie but you can't deny that singing zach and suter would be a huge free agency

it would be awesome. im just saying at this point we have prospect goalies under contract.

A Zach resigning and the addition of a guy like Harding would be a pretty successful free agency. But I wouldn't be shocked to see moose back for another year either. It seems whenever we think it's time for a young goalie Lou signs a veteran stopgap (weekes, Danis, moose, etc)

One of Suter or Parise, if not both, will not make it to July 1st. Id not be surprised to see both stay put.

The names Im most intrigued by that I could see us bringing in realistically are Stoll and PA Parenteau. I've been a fan of trading for Stoll in the past and I think he'd be a good fit here. I just can't see it happening. Parenteau is more logical. I don't see Poni coming back, so we will probably replace someone on the offensive side.

If Sal isnt coming back, on the D side, I'd love to poach Carle from the Flyers, but he's going to get a raise from 3.4.

One of Suter or Parise, if not both, will not make it to July 1st. Id not be surprised to see both stay put.

The names Im most intrigued by that I could see us bringing in realistically are Stoll and PA Parenteau. I've been a fan of trading for Stoll in the past and I think he'd be a good fit here. I just can't see it happening. Parenteau is more logical. I don't see Poni coming back, so we will probably replace someone on the offensive side.

If Sal isnt coming back, on the D side, I'd love to poach Carle from the Flyers, but he's going to get a raise from 3.4.

Resigning Zach and getting PA Parenteau would be great. Re-sign the 4th line too. Then we have the goaltending situation left. We could get Marty to come back cheap for one more year to mentor Wedgewood and split 60/40.

parise-zajac-zubrus

kovalchuk-henrique-parenteau

josefson-elias-clarkson

carter-gionta-bernier

boulton

greene-fayne

tallinder-larsson

zidlicky-volchenkov

marty

wedgewood

Wedgewood wont be in NJ next season. If anyone from the farm is up here it will be Frazee. He was with the team all through the Finals, not on roster, but I think hes going to get first crack. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Moose back.

Wedgewood wont be in NJ next season. If anyone from the farm is up here it will be Frazee. He was with the team all through the Finals, not on roster, but I think hes going to get first crack. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Moose back.

it feels like frazee has been with us so long but yet he has seen such little action i always forget about him.

Wedgewood definitely won't be up yet, but I also don't think they have much confidence in Frazee. I think it's gonna be moose or someone from outside the organization. Kinkaid isn't ready yet either.

Resigning Zach and getting PA Parenteau would be great. Re-sign the 4th line too. Then we have the goaltending situation left. We could get Marty to come back cheap for one more year to mentor Wedgewood and split 60/40.

parise-zajac-zubrus

kovalchuk-henrique-parenteau

josefson-elias-clarkson

carter-gionta-bernier

boulton

greene-fayne

tallinder-larsson

zidlicky-volchenkov

marty

wedgewood

If we do acquire Parenteau and re-sign Parise this offseason will be nothing short of a success. I rather have Moose resigned then going after the other options (Harding, Johnson, Gustavsson...) I like Harding and all but as others have mentioned he is injury prone. Montoya would be a decent option if we could sign him on the cheap. However, I think the Isles will offer him a contract extension.

Some tweeks to that previous lineup.

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Parenteau

Elias-Josefson-Clarkson

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Boulton

Greene-Fayne

Tallinder-Larsson

Zidlicky-Volchenkov

Brodeur

Montoya

I salivate at the thought.