Hockey related find on Storage Wars?

Legion15

From the Devils FB:

Tonight on Storage Wars New York, Chris and Tad find a vintage scoreboard, and bring it to Prudential Center to get it appraised and find out some of the history behind it. Tune in tonight on A&E: http://bit.ly/141aEMr

any guesses? A piece of the original scoreboard from BB/CAA?

Normally wouldn't watch a show like this but curious about what they find...

yeah sucks. They found a "man cave" scoreboard, and went to see a guy in Pru Center to appraise it for $200. Some nice shots inside and the dude they went to see clicked a mouse and showed off the arena special effects. Always nice to see the Devils get air time even on a crappy show.

2011-2012 season I used to go to my cousin's house once a week to watch a Devils game. They usually watched Storage Wars after. I never got the appeal. I did love how they tallied up the amount per storage locker taking the buyer's word on some of the crap in there. No way those crappy chairs were worth 20 dollars a piece.

I used to like Storage Wars fake or not, but it just got old quickly.  Plus I hated how they just scanned the units and put prices at what they think it will sell for, and not what it actually sells for if it even sells at all.  I have seen many articles discussing how terrible the estimates those guys put on their items on that show are.

I have moved on to Bar Rescue.  For some reason I just can't get enough of it and the guy Jon Taffer doesn't go overboard like Gordon Ramsey, but he is not a pushover like some of the other people on these "fixer-upper" shows.  Rumor also has it that he is going to do a bar in Manville for the show in the very near future.

If a show being fake deters you from watching it, then you must not watch any. I hate to be cynical, but basically every "reality" show is complete bull

"The First 48" is technically a "reality" show but there is nothing fake about it.  It's an excellent show and probably the most underrated show on TV right now.  I love watching it but at the end I usually end up depressed.

"The First 48" is technically a "reality" show but there is nothing fake about it.  It's an excellent show and probably the most underrated show on TV right now.  I love watching it but at the end I usually end up depressed.

I'll second that. I don't watch it often, but the first 48 is pretty good.

For crappy reality shows though, I don't mind that American Pickers one. Every once and a while when I'm flipping through the channels I'll watch it for a bit, but that's more just to see the stuff they find, rather than the words that come out of their mouths. The stupid back and forth they add in between the two guys and the chick at the store is nauseatingly stupid.

I'll second that. I don't watch it often, but the first 48 is pretty good.

For crappy reality shows though, I don't mind that American Pickers one. Every once and a while when I'm flipping through the channels I'll watch it for a bit, but that's more just to see the stuff they find, rather than the words that come out of their mouths. The stupid back and forth they add in between the two guys and the chick at the store is nauseatingly stupid.

The thing I don't care for with American Pickers is that they really love old signs.  That is something I couldnt give two sh!ts about.

However, I do also love Toy Hunter for some reason.  I think though mostly because I used to have a good chunk of the toys that he finds that were from the 80's and early 90's.

American Pickers and Storage Wars (at least, before they split up into like 6 different shows..forget that) are definitely my guilty pleasures.  Along the same lines, huge fan of Deadliest Catch (although I don't think that's considered a reality show).

I'd like those shows a lot more if they'd just stop trying to make these guys act!!! They aren't actors and you can tell how uncomfortable they are when they have a script for a 'casual conversation.'

But it's definitely something I can watch for a few minutes here or there.

American Pickers and Storage Wars (at least, before they split up into like 6 different shows..forget that) are definitely my guilty pleasures.  Along the same lines, huge fan of Deadliest Catch (although I don't think that's considered a reality show).

I used to be a huge fan of Deadliest catch until it got boring.  Plus after season 1 the Alaskan state government changed the crab seasons from derby-style to quota, which allowed the crews to take their time and thus kinda putting a damper on the whole "go nuts trying to catch as much as you can until the season closes" mayhem.

Plus the captains were also starting to piss me off.  The more I watched them, the more I started to dislike them or found them boring.

I used to like Storage Wars fake or not, but it just got old quickly.  Plus I hated how they just scanned the units and put prices at what they think it will sell for, and not what it actually sells for if it even sells at all.  I have seen many articles discussing how terrible the estimates those guys put on their items on that show are.

I have moved on to Bar Rescue.  For some reason I just can't get enough of it and the guy Jon Taffer doesn't go overboard like Gordon Ramsey, but he is not a pushover like some of the other people on these "fixer-upper" shows.  Rumor also has it that he is going to do a bar in Manville for the show in the very near future.

I agree that Storage Wars got old fast. I love Bar Rescue and I hope they do end up doing a bar in Manville. Taffer is quite the character, always looks like he's on the verge of a heart attack when he gets worked up.

For crappy "reality" shows I also like Hardcore Pawn (Original and Chicago), Ice Road Truckers, and Full Throttle Saloon.

I agree that Storage Wars got old fast. I love Bar Rescue and I hope they do end up doing a bar in Manville. Taffer is quite the character, always looks like he's on the verge of a heart attack when he gets worked up.

For crappy "reality" shows I also like Hardcore Pawn (Original and Chicago), Ice Road Truckers, and Full Throttle Saloon.

I like Hardcore Pawn too but only the original one.  The fighting between the sister and the brother is completely staged as I have read multiple times that they do in-fact get along pretty well for a vast majority of the time.

I never cared for IRT and Full Throttle Saloon is pretty good, but that is starting to get repetative and predictable too.

I used to be a huge fan of Deadliest catch until it got boring.  Plus after season 1 the Alaskan state government changed the crab seasons from derby-style to quota, which allowed the crews to take their time and thus kinda putting a damper on the whole "go nuts trying to catch as much as you can until the season closes" mayhem.

Plus the captains were also starting to piss me off.  The more I watched them, the more I started to dislike them or found them boring.

I agree about Deadliest Catch. That change made it boring as hell. Really liked the show before that.

Reality tv is always just re-doing the same crap over and over.

Reality shows are all made from the same few molds:

1. Next Top Whatever

2. Dangerous/Odd Job Thing

The network reality shows usually fit between these two. Like Survivor or the one where people race around the world. They yell at eachother like drunks, but they add in a factor of sort of danger.

3. Drunk People in a House - I include things like Housewives of whatever and sex tape celebrity shows here as well.

4. Trading Stuff for Cash/Antique Shows

Am I forgetting any?

Edited by ATLL765

I like Hardcore Pawn too but only the original one.  The fighting between the sister and the brother is completely staged as I have read multiple times that they do in-fact get along pretty well for a vast majority of the time.

I never cared for IRT and Full Throttle Saloon is pretty good, but that is starting to get repetative and predictable too.

Hardcore Pawn is great, just for the ridiculous sh!t people say and do when they are told their 1984 20" Magnavox TV isn't worth the $3000 they are looking for. Clearly all of these shows are staged, but they are entertaining to a certain degree, and that is all that matters.