(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

I missed out on Bowery Ballroom tickets so I had to settle for Webster Hall. What I've heard about Webster is nothing but bad reviews. Supposedly the sound is terrible and the place is 1000000 degrees during the summer. Hopefully its all untrue.

I saw NIN in Athens, Greece this summer and that was sick. This should blow that away regardless of venue.

It IS incredibly hot. The sound varies depending on where you're standing, but the places I like to be (usually towards the back or on the balcony) are pretty good sound-wise.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scored tickets for Dinosaur Jr/Sonic Youth at Terminal 5 in November. Super psyched, I haven't seen Sonic Youth since 1991!

Vivian Girls are playing Death By Audio this Tuesday, I'll probably go.

It IS incredibly hot. The sound varies depending on where you're standing, but the places I like to be (usually towards the back or on the balcony) are pretty good sound-wise.

They played the whole Downward Spiral. So sick. Holy crap is that place hot. I am in decent shape and my shirt was soaked like I ran a 10k.

And yeah, when I left the Bouncing Souls show my hair was soaked like I had just taken a shower. Pretty gross.

When we left from the Souls show I was sure I lost at least 2lbs in water weight from sweating so hard.

Any metalheads in here? Saw DevilDriver a few weeks ago at the Fillmore ... kick-ass show!

Check out my youtube page for some vids: http://www.youtube.com/ntexpert

Going to The Killers on 9/2, Journey 9/5, then Edguy on 9/9

\m/

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm not sure how much of the actual show I'll see, but I'm now working at the Union County Music Fest on Sunday:

Pete Yorn

They Might Be Giants

Glen Tilbrook (Squeeze)

Gin Blossoms

Tonic

Not half bad...hopefully I'm working nearish to the music.

Still considering going on Saturday too, though I can't get anyone to go with me:

Third Eye Blind

Uncle Kracker

Kenny Wayne Sheppard

The Minus 5

The Alarm

Fastball

Granted, of those, I only want to see Fastball and 3EB...and maybe Kenny Wayne Sheppard. But still...it's free, and it's Third Eye Blind playing about 15 minutes from my house.