2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...if nothing else, the 2 best decisions this organization made... showing Eric & Herm the door.

That list might be going three deep before we know it :argh:

Less talking Rex, more thinking. I don't want to hear how good you are when you can't make the plays needed to win games or when you turn the ball over every week.

Im so upset by this fvcking team its unbelievable. I had a hockey game, and went to play, listening to most of the Jets game on the radio while playing at the rink. I honestly think i may have broken my hand, after that horsesh!t game, i have never punched the boards or anything as hard as i did today. I'm sick of these bullsh!t excuses, about a rookie qb (WHY ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME THROW AND INT? AAAAAGHHH) and a rookie coach who have made bad descisions that may have cost us game, WE JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD! SO fvck YOU, YOU PIECE OF sh!t ORGANIZATION, STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR IMAGE AND WORRY ABOUT THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD.

I think you hit it close to home with that last statement. The splash with a rookie Latino QB, the head coach's bravado ... that amounted to a charade.

I liked the first play, by the way. You can't hide a QB in the NFL. He has to make plays, especially against a defense that plays the pass poorly. And Cotchery was open. Sanchez waited too long AND underthrew it. Mathis also made a great play to pick it off.

Sanchez needs to ride the pine for a while and watch the game develop...right now he's regressing and causing the team to lose. Clemens deserves a shot. I would at least like to know what we have in KC before turning the page on him forever.

Not that the Jets were ever in this game and nobody expected them to win BUT whenever they had a tiny window of opportunity Sanchez promptly did something stupid. The defense held NE for a while, it was 24-14 with the Jets at around midfield and Sanchez throws another boneheaded pick.

Edited by '7'

Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

Rex 'I don't believe you learn anything by sitting on the bench'.

So there it is, we're stuck with Sanchez even if he throws 30 INT's :saddevil: Curse you Woody and your star obsession :rant:

different guys learn different ways. I don't think this is working right now. He has happy feet, feels pressure when there is none, overthrows wide open targets. Let him sit and chill out for a while...he may come back in as a calmer, wiser decision maker.

different guys learn different ways. I don't think this is working right now. He has happy feet, feels pressure when there is none, overthrows wide open targets. Let him sit and chill out for a while...he may come back in as a calmer, wiser decision maker.

To you and me this makes sense...but not to the people it needs to make sense to :P Honestly I'm worried they're going to ruin him, he's regressing on the field and showing the stress off it. It took Vinny almost a decade to recover from his nightmare rookie season in Tampa.

Someone's got to get it through their thick heads that it's not the worst thing in the world to bench the kid. Bradshaw and Elway got benched. But they won't do it, they're stubborn to a fault. Especially considering the owner wants him to play given all the hype around him and what they have invested. Plus now that the Jets are out of it they can hide behind the rationale that they're developing him for next year :rolleyes:

Sanchez needs to ride the pine for a while and watch the game develop...right now he's regressing and causing the team to lose. Clemens deserves a shot. I would at least like to know what we have in KC before turning the page on him forever.

If Clemens was a viable option I think they'd have played him 2-3 weeks ago

where the Jets failed and EPIC was in NOT getting a legit backup QB insurance policy on the likely event he wasn't Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, like most rookies AREN'T.....but the mistake happened and you're kinda stuck with it now.....

(and I did that without firing one single insult... yay me!! :clap: )

1 Win, in our last 7 games. Unreal. Absolutely unreal. If someone were to have told me (after Week 3) that we'd find a way to manufacture only 1 victory, between now and then.. I wouldnt've believed it. But that's exactly what this team does to you, if you're a fan. They rope you in enough to think they're something they're not... COMPETITIVE! They did it a couple years back.. winning 8 games in the final 11 of the season. They did it last year, winning 8 games in the first 11 of the season. And they do it again this year starting 3-0. -_-

~Going Forward --> *Bench the Hotdog... *Start Kellen.. *tank the year.. *and draft Berry in 2010. Either way; Just End The Season.

If Clemens was a viable option I think they'd have played him 2-3 weeks ago

where the Jets failed and EPIC was in NOT getting a legit backup QB insurance policy on the likely event he wasn't Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, like most rookies AREN'T.....but the mistake happened and you're kinda stuck with it now.....

(and I did that without firing one single insult... yay me!! :clap: )

Hey, I thought Sanchez showed growth today- he didn't eat anything on the sidelines, and he didn't read a prepared statement at the press conference. :lol:

HAha your such a comedian... jerkoff...

Hey after you guys kept posting that nasty pic of the dead beached dolphins... I can't say I blame him for smiling and pointing back a lil bit :P

Hey after you guys kept posting that nasty pic of the dead beached dolphins... I can't say I blame him for smiling and pointing back a lil bit :P

Damn straight Crash! Especially after having to hear how much my team sucked, and how we weren't on the Jets level all off-season and the weeks leading up to both games against them. But it's all in fun. As much as I detest everything about the Jets, we're all Devils fans here, and I like all you guys. :cheers:

Edited by MadDog2020

I don't need to see Kellen Clemens starting games. He sucks.

However, I thought Ryan should have yanked Sanchez when it was 24-0 because he needed to change SOMETHING to shake things up ... and Sanchez was playing terribly.

As it turned out, the special teams changed momentum with the blocked punt, and Sanchez followed that up with a TD drive. Unfortunately, that was his only highlight.

The best thing I can say about Clemens is that he can't do any worse. But long-term, he's a zero. Erik Ainge is better.

Kudos to Crasher for nailing this one. The Jets screwed the pooch for failing to bring in a decent backup.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Alright...what are the highlights of this year so far?

*Ellis: -5 sacks in 9 games.. a forced fumble.. a Safety. Solid DE. (at 32 years old, I'm very pleased with how's he looked) Keep it up old man.

*Feely: -70 points off his leg. Missed only 3 FG's all year, and has hit some long one's (including a 55yrd) I didn't think he had in him. Reliable kicker.

*T. Jones: -Boy do I owe him an apology. He's probably going to nab 1,400 yrds & 15 TD's by years end. Currently 3rd in AFC rushing yrds. Playing awesome

*J`Co: -Coming off his best game since Week 3, Cotch knows no limits. The guys going to break 1,000 yrds this season... despite missing 3 games. He's arguably the best route-running receiver in the NFL, and (no offence Braylon) he's STILL the Jets #1.

*Ellis: -5 sacks in 9 games.. a forced fumble.. a Safety. Solid DE. (at 32 years old, I'm very pleased with how's he looked) Keep it up old man.

*Feely: -70 points off his leg. Missed only 3 FG's all year, and has hit some long one's (including a 55yrd) I didn't think he had in him. Reliable kicker.

*T. Jones: -Boy do I owe him an apology. He's probably going to nab 1,400 yrds & 15 TD's by years end. Currently 3rd in AFC rushing yrds. Playing awesome

*J`Co: -Coming off his best game since Week 3, Cotch knows no limits. The guys going to break 1,000 yrds this season... despite missing 3 games. He's arguably the best route-running receiver in the NFL, and (no offence Braylon) he's STILL the Jets #1.

You forgot Revis, the best player on this team.

The Jets screwed the pooch for failing to bring in a decent backup.

You ever think Pennington comes back next season? No doubt Gang Green's got plenty'o egg on their face after last season in regards to Chad..... but this season??? -A 3rd injury on his throwing shoulder (after starting 0-3) meanwhile Miami goes 5-2 with Henne @ the helm after C.P. goes down?? :huh: Let's not kid ourselves here.

Other than that, I haven't a clue who Mr. T would bring in to help the Hotdog for 2010. Perhaps Kerry Collins, as his career may now be essentially over.. and I don't see him getting a gig elsewhere. (Enter the Jets) :P

You ever think Pennington comes back next season? No doubt Gang Green's got plenty'o egg on their face after last season in regards to Chad..... but this season??? -A 3rd injury on his throwing shoulder (after starting 0-3) meanwhile Miami goes 5-2 with Henne @ the helm after C.P. goes down?? :huh: Let's not kid ourselves here.

Other than that, I haven't a clue who Mr. T would bring in to help the Hotdog for 2010. Perhaps Kerry Collins, as his career may now be essentially over.. and I don't see him getting a gig elsewhere. (Enter the Jets) :P

It's too hard to tell now. You don't know who'll be available. Derek Anderson? Trent Edwards? Who knows? I think the book is closed on Chad, but you never know.

Sanchez has the makings of a great QB, he has the raw talent but just needs more experience.

In 2012 he makes the Pro Bowl.

Sanchez needs to be coached up, just like any other young player.... good coaching can fix a lot of problems. I get the idea the Jets have no idea what they're doing with him.

Sanchez needs to be coached up, just like any other young player.... good coaching can fix a lot of problems. I get the idea the Jets have no idea what they're doing with him.

The worst things that happened for the Jets were the 3-0 start and too much talking from Ryan. The 3-0 start simply raised expectations to an unfair level, and talking too much always makes you look silly when the losing starts.

Ryan and Sanchez are rookies who are learning on the job. Few 1st-year QBs enjoy much success...yeah, Sanchez played horribly against the Pats (he was by far the #1 reason why the Jets lost...he did far more to lose the game for the Jets than the Pats did to win it, despite Welker's big day), and he sounds clueless during press conferences at times, but it's too early to accurately and fairly judge what he is. He still has six more games to show progress.