GDT New Jersey Devils at Flyers

ZeroGravityFat

This is why our goal differential sucks. We never finish games off. No lead is safe for us because we just stop playing and let the other team make it interesting every time. I'd like to see a stat of how many games we've won by more than 2 goals. It seems like if we get a big lead, we let them come back. And if we fall behind, we fight back to win by 1 either in regulation or after. We can never just win confidently.

3rd period kind of puts a damper on what could have been a good game. Just goes to show that you can't take a game off let alone a period off in this league against a good team (Boston has shown that you can't take off 3 minutes).

Devils looked gassed in the third. Once they turned the switch off, it was hard to get it back on. Kovalchuk was definitely a guy you wanted on the ice late in the 3rd. That fighting major almost turned very costly.

2 big points though.

Meh it's just typical Flyers hockey though.

They goon it up, somehow end up on the powerplay after slew footing Parise (still confused about that one..) and force the Devils to play the 3rd-4th lines.

I'll take it. A BIG W, and no injuries after going up 6-0 on this trashy team?

Big win.

Was everyone here really that worried? The Devils won in regulation, scored 6, and there were no injuries. Clearly the Devils should have kept running Zach, Kovy, Elias and the other tops guys out there for top minutes in the 3rd to keep it 6-0 to appease everyone. I mean, the Flyers would NEVER try to injure our guys or cheap shot them after the whistle. :rolleyes:

I miss Doc. Could you IMAGINE the level of gleeful exasperation in his post-game "they had 'em all the way" today?! It would have been epic.

24-1 Shots in the third period. Absolutely pathetic. I'll take the win but that COMPLETELY spoiled the way this team played this afternoon. Can this team ever fvcking play 60 minutes of hockey!? :rant:

They scored more than 3. What are you complaining about? Clearly that's your only concern. :lol:

Was everyone here really that worried? The Devils won in regulation, scored 6, and there were no injuries. Clearly the Devils should have kept running Zach, Kovy, Elias and the other tops guys out there for top minutes in the 3rd to keep it 6-0 to appease everyone. I mean, the Flyers would NEVER try to injure our guys or cheap shot them after the whistle. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with that. The team didn't play at all in the 3rd period. That's it. And yes, I was worried and if you weren't, you're an idiot. The Flyers needed to get 2 goals in about 6 minutes. You think they can't do that? Given that this team excels at choking away victories, I see no reason not to expect us to give the Flyers the greatest 3rd period comeback in NHL history. Don't try to make excuses about it. We played a great 2 periods and then embarrassed ourselves in the 3rd.

That matters A LOT. 2 points for Bryz, zero for the Devils!

Oh wait...

Who gives a sh!t how they won. They won. End of story.

I do. And it matters - with more experience you'll see that wins can tell a lot about the weaknesses of the team just like losses. Not being able to finish has been a problem of ours all year. We won that game - great - but we lost the third again.