Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1261 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Check this out- it says under 'Upcoming Games' that we play @Boston January 15. Maybe someone knows something we don't lmao. http://devils.nhl.com/club/m_home.htm

Pretty sure it's said that for all games until they've been cancelled..

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1262 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Nah, they just aren't going to correct the original schedule until a new one comes out (or not)...the NHL canceled games till the 14th, so that was probably our first game that hasn't been 'canceled' lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1263 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

@TGfireandice: RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: An NHL player says the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on contract term limits, buyouts and variance...

@TGfireandice: RT @DarrenDreger: Among the changes in the new proposal, the NHL adjusted its max contract length from 5 to 6 yrs. Boosted the variance from 5% to 10%

@TGfireandice: RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: New offer sees each team afforded one compliance buyout prior to 2013-14 season. Doesn't count vs. cap but it does vs. players' share
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1264 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412368

SOURCE: NHL MAKES NEW CBA OFFER TO PLAYERS' ASSOCIATION

EDIT: Colin beat me to it

Edited by eaglejelly, 28 December 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#1265 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

If NHL water carrier Dreger is reporting it, it must've happened.

I for one am shocked, I thought the NHL made its best offer in December, how can they possibly move any farther?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1266 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) actually was first with it. Absurd and funny.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1267 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) actually was first with it. Absurd and funny.

The fact that this lockout has gone on long enough for Єklund (2.3% accurate) to be right about something is truly scary. Probably means that a Flyer player leaked it.

#1268 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

The fact that this lockout has gone on long enough for Єklund (2.3% accurate) to be right about something is truly scary. Probably means that a Flyer player leaked it.

That or the world really did come to an end last Friday :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1269 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Anyone feel this offer is a substantial improvement?

#1270 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Anyone feel this offer is a substantial improvement?

I don't, but it doesn't have to be for the players to sign up for something resembling this. All the players need is the perception that they got something out of the NHL - that they may have lost, but in the end the NHL had to lose something it wanted, too.

Assuming this offer did happen (I'm staying off Twitter for the moment because I want to watch Russia-US later today), it puts a lie to the notion that the NHL doesn't care to have a season. My guess for the next move, and I've been wrong a lot here, is that Fehr will come back with a public counter offer that's similar but includes more Make Whole money, and the owners will retreat to their Atlas Shrugged bunker to try to pretend like they're not terrified of missing the entire year.

Edited by Triumph, 28 December 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#1271 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

My mind's still blown that Єklund (2.3% accurate) broke the news.

#1272 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

This kind of has to be the last push now...the DOI deadline is next week. The realistic deadline for 48-50 games is in two weeks. Unless of course the PA is bluffing about DOI, or the league is bluffing about a 48-game limit.

#1273 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

@SunGarrioch: My sources say owners have privately informed Bettman cancelling the season is not an acceptable option.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1274 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

There's two ways to look at that tweet: either the owners are trying to make the PA feel like they've won and are putting it out there on purpose, or that wasn't supposed to get out and Fehr will now smell blood in the water. When it comes to these two groups, your guess is as good as mine lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1275 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

@SunGarrioch: My sources say owners have privately informed Bettman cancelling the season is not an acceptable option.

I mean, Garroich is not the best source, but I've been saying this since the beginning - Fehr has the season cancellation in his back pocket, not the owners. The owners are going to get a great CBA out of this no matter where they eventually end up. The players have to pretend like they are crazy enough to torch their own paychecks in order to get anything out of ownership.

#1276 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

In the age of Twitter, anyone can say anything and said it was shared by any source (could be anybody). I'm not getting excited about any lockout-related news anymore, I've been getting burned on a bi-weekly basis. They've pushed us so far that I'm on the brink of not even caring anymore.

#1277 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

i want hockey back! this has gone on long enough. i've been ignoring all the crap between the nhl and nhlpa since the season was suppose to start. ive gotten excited several times these past months with hopeful negotiations. im just waiting for the day i see a tweet saying the season is back.

its really depressing that we may not be able to see playoff hockey this year which may be the most exciting thing on earth

#1278 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Everytime I get excited, this is how I end up:

^^^^Crazy hit from today's Canada-Slovakia game!!

Edited by DJ Eco, 28 December 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#1279 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I mean, Garroich is not the best source, but I've been saying this since the beginning - Fehr has the season cancellation in his back pocket, not the owners. The owners are going to get a great CBA out of this no matter where they eventually end up. The players have to pretend like they are crazy enough to torch their own paychecks in order to get anything out of ownership.

Pretend? I think Fehr wants to blow up the season and take on the NHL in court. This is not a 'win' for the baddest union head on the planet. Especially since he hasn't gone anywhere near 50-50 yet and the owners haven't budged on that (the PA offers include so much money outside the system the paper percentages are meaningless).

I don't think the PA wants to detonate the nuclear bomb but hopefully they've also made it known to Fehr that another lost season is unacceptable. I do worry they gave him too much power to get him to come out of retirement and he'll still drive the bus off the cliff.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#1280 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

@TGfireandice: RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: An NHL player says the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on contract term limits, buyouts and variance...

@TGfireandice: RT @DarrenDreger: Among the changes in the new proposal, the NHL adjusted its max contract length from 5 to 6 yrs. Boosted the variance from 5% to 10%

@TGfireandice: RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: New offer sees each team afforded one compliance buyout prior to 2013-14 season. Doesn't count vs. cap but it does vs. players' share

Was that so fkn hard, NHL? Christ, the momentum lost has been mind-boggling. Scratch out 1) All our new ST holders 2) the momentum gained in LA 3) the momentum gained in the NY/NJ area 4) the great progress seen in 'new' markets like Nashville, Carolina, Tampa.

Please accept this offer and save some face. Unfort, i feel Fehr is going to continue hardlining like hes done already on the other offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users